FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084264 times)

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2805 on: Aug 17, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Cabelas guidewear pro welded are the  waders I have.  I paid 279 for them 3 yrs ago just checked tree website they are on sale for 99

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #2806 on: Aug 17, 2011, 05:42 PM »
whoa....super deal. wonder why they're so cheap??

have to check them out anyways thanks for the heads up adam

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2807 on: Aug 17, 2011, 05:55 PM »
I just ordered these the other day...wish I had seen that sale GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Guide-Tech-Stockingfoot-Waders-150-Regular/1167610.uts?WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Im sure they will meet my needs.

Anyone have suggestions on which product works best for repairing neoprene waders? I got a small hole in mine in April on the SR....
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

draketrutta

« Reply #2808 on: Aug 17, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Cabelas or Hodgeman waders have served me well..

But I opt for breathables over neoprene..

Bootfoot for the really cold winter days.
<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

bass on

« Reply #2809 on: Aug 17, 2011, 07:09 PM »
http://www../product/Cabelas-Guide-Tech-Stockingfoot-Waders-150-Regular/1167610.uts?WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Anyone have suggestions on which product works best for repairing neoprene waders? I got a small hole in mine in April on the SR....
Hot glue usually works ok...if ure gonna use an epoxy read the labels cuz some of them will melt the neopreme into a bigger hole

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #2810 on: Aug 17, 2011, 07:20 PM »
http://www../product/Cabelas-Guide-Tech-Stockingfoot-Waders-150-Regular/1167610.uts?WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Aquaseal. I have even used shoegoo

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2811 on: Aug 17, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Thanks guys! Will give it a whirl, Ive got ShoeGoo at home so that will be my first attempt.
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

griz104

« Reply #2812 on: Aug 17, 2011, 07:47 PM »
I like the Aquaseal also.. it works real good .. I also bought a pair of Cabelas waders but i got the hip boots as i can not swim a lick and i tend to do really stupid things when i have chest waders.. The Hip Boots keep me out of trouble..What i am looking for is something that i can use that will take the place of korkers.. I had Open Heart a year ago and am now not in the kind of shape i used to be and the Korkers are heavy to tramp around in.. If any body has a idea i would listen...

Snagger.. Now you have me wondering if i ever ticked you off or hollered at you..LOL.. Back years ago it was a real Goat Rodeo up there at times...Never saw the guys on step ladders..for some reason i never fished the upper end much..

fishgalore

« Reply #2813 on: Aug 17, 2011, 09:54 PM »
My bro is interested in the Redingtons with welded seams. I think these are the ones (see below). They are not cheap though. He did alot of research this year on the subject. I can't remember which boot he is interested in though. I hope they aren't a let down for that price. I bought a pair of breathable LL Beans for $95. The thing I like about them is anything happens they replace them free. I bought the Korker Chrome wading boot too.  I've got a pair of repaired Red Ball boot foot as a backup as well.

Gillripper1 just got a sweet deal on a nice pair of Simms wading boots and he hopes they last longer than his last pair of boots.

http://www.sonicprowaders.com/standard.html

I believe it's an ultra sonic process for the welding. http://www.branson-plasticsjoin.com/pdf/PW-07TexFilmChar.pdf

I'll probably get a tune up with the float set up this weekend on the Pequest seeing the water level is probably up enough to be effective. I haven't touched it since late spring. I was getting pretty good with the casting but in the Pequest it'll be more like point the tip and drop it since it is a narrow river comparitively speaking. I do know where a whole slew of trout have been hanging though and will stay upstream and out of view for the drift. Even though I caught a bunch a couple weeks ago while in plain view of them all.

bass on

« Reply #2814 on: Aug 18, 2011, 08:58 AM »
 this year i bought my first pair of breathables thier the cabelas breathables for like 120$ and cabelas ultralight boots felt bottoms with studs...they seem to be alright for the streams around here and now im lookin forward to salmon fishing without sweating my b***s off like in neopremes.

draketrutta

« Reply #2815 on: Aug 18, 2011, 09:29 AM »
I had Open Heart a year ago and am now not in the kind of shape i used to be and the Korkers are heavy to tramp around in.. If any body has a idea i would listen...

I would keep the Korkers and just move around at a slower pace.

Nothing provides better traction than Korkers - in or out of the water.

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

peasy207

« Reply #2816 on: Aug 18, 2011, 09:32 AM »
coming out the 18th for the week, first trip out.... getting pumped

dimebrite

« Reply #2817 on: Aug 18, 2011, 09:40 AM »
this year i bought my first pair of breathables thier the cabelas breathables for like 120$ and cabelas ultralight boots felt bottoms with studs...they seem to be alright for the streams around here and now im lookin forward to salmon fishing without sweating my b***s off like in neopremes.

Hey bass; by far you get the best traction with felt and studs... I had an old pair of gary borgers with felt and studs and ireferred to them as my salmon stompers... I never wore them in winter months though due to the snow freezing to them when walking the banks...

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2818 on: Aug 18, 2011, 12:38 PM »
I would keep the Korkers and just move around at a slower pace.

Nothing provides better traction than Korkers - in or out of the water.

I'm with you.. I'm a korkers guy, not the new gay ones that weigh 5lbs a foot, the older ones with just laces.. make sure they fit right and walk more careful....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

griz104

« Reply #2819 on: Aug 18, 2011, 12:53 PM »
I had looked all over for the old style and can't find a place that has them any more.. My old ones finally gave it up after 12 years and i had to have another pair..Am looking at a pair of Korkers PolarTrax Ultra Ice Traction ones right now from Cabelas.. wonder if they would last the season..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.