FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084227 times)

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2955 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:51 AM »
Might be closer then you think Bro lol. That king that HT landed yesterday, the stomach was tight and hard. also the kiep was starting to form. I'll be poking around on labor day with HT, Adam and esoxv just don't know where on the river yet.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

fishgalore

« Reply #2956 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:52 AM »
Notice the glow in his right hand?

His secret is revealed - he absorbs fish energy like a Spock Style Vulcan Mind Meld....LOL

Very good observation...............funny too!

fishgalore

« Reply #2957 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:54 AM »
I'll have some of the steelie all set for you Bobbie when you come up in two weeks. ;D
I just got done prepping the meat for the brine.

Ok I'm game Frankie!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #2958 on: Aug 21, 2011, 08:56 AM »
 You know what though Frank..5 years ago I had some health issues and when I was in the hospital, the doctor recomended me eating 1 meal a week of cold water oily fish like trout or salmon.. He said your white meat fish like walleye and perch don't have the oils that help your heart like trout and salmon do... He said the health benefits to your heart out way the risks of mercury poisioning , if eatin in moderation...true story.
I have so much fish to I'll keep them and give them away also. I heard the same thing, Fish oil very good for you. Salmon and trout is the best also. Good thing we have such a great put and take fishery here. Out of the lake or fresh in the River its all good for you.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2959 on: Aug 21, 2011, 10:47 AM »

Picked up a quick 5/8's of an inch of rain earlier....was just outside working..it aint done yet..it's really humid and the sun is poking through..I bet some real good storms get popping soon...  cold rain this morning 64 degrees after the storm ended.....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #2961 on: Aug 21, 2011, 01:04 PM »
  That lightning was hitting so close and so often I had to pick my feet up off the ground and sit on the picknick table... it was rattling the windows  ... very impressive, not whole lot of rain, but a quick something..

Looks like you boys had fun out there Adam!!!! :thumbup_smilie:

Yeah we always have fun, for the record. The busch cans in the cooler were not mine and we usually don't keep skippys but frank wanted to try to smoke them whole. The 400 copper was the best setup in the morning firing 5 times. The king Ht took came on a wire diver out 200 over 98 fow. I haven't been able to do anything on my Riggers. Every fish came on spinnys with mtn dew and hammer fly. That was a very thick heathly fish Ht took. I thought he was gonna have to tap out after about 15 mins

lpv89

« Reply #2962 on: Aug 21, 2011, 01:48 PM »
That would be a yes! Creeks or River I'm sure. Gillripper1 was using them last year in the river.

oh i was talking about the skein i caught out of browns out in the lake, i wasnt sure if they would be as good as they are usually when you catch the fish out of the creeks and rivers. the strips are about half the normal size i would say. but eggs look like they were coming very close to make this fish want to run and spawn soon.
Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #2963 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:01 PM »
I still haven't done much off my downriggers either.  I think i was running my spinnie/flies too far back (15-20 ft).   I'm going to try running them tighter to the ball (8-10 ft).  I was going to say something about the busch cans too!   :sick:  Nice fish guys!!  I'm jealous as it's been t-storming my last 3 days off.   :-\  As far as skein goes...a buddy of mine did really well cutting it up and tying it into sacs last year.  He said he's going to do the same this year.  He was surprised at how well it worked. 

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #2964 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:02 PM »
Yeah we always have fun, for the record. The busch cans in the cooler were not mine and we usually don't keep skippys but frank wanted to try to smoke them whole. The 400 copper was the best setup in the morning firing 5 times. The king Ht took came on a wire diver out 200 over 98 fow. I haven't been able to do anything on my Riggers. Every fish came on spinnys with mtn dew and hammer fly. That was a very thick heathly fish Ht took. I thought he was gonna have to tap out after about 15 mins
what are you talking about Forest  ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) i was ready for more their captain ??? ??? ??? great day over all out their, thanks for the trip bud. ready to go again anytime 8) oh ya you might want to work on your netting skills a little  ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D

NJGOOSEBUSTER1

« Reply #2965 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:06 PM »

Picked up a quick 5/8's of an inch of rain earlier....was just outside working..it aint done yet..it's really humid and the sun is poking through..I bet some real good storms get popping soon...  cold rain this morning 64 degrees after the storm ended.....
YOU MUST BE GETTING POUNDED UP THERE RIGHT NOW, LOOKS RED ON THE RADAR ALL AROUND YOU.   BRING IT ON MAN , MAYBE A QUICK EARLY RUN IS POSSIBLE IF THE CONDITIONS ARE PERFECT.   COLD RAIN SNAGGER, COLD RAIN.   8)

adam2000

« Reply #2966 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:12 PM »
what are you talking about Forest  ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) i was ready for more their captain ??? ??? ??? great day over all out their, thanks for the trip bud. ready to go again anytime 8) oh ya you might want to work on your netting skills a little  ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D
you might wanna work on you skills.  When I say reel the dipsy up and lift. That means rod tip in the air. Well. Next saturday ill be fishing the last leg of the challenges. Might be up to go out sunday though. Nw Sw and west winds as of the weather report now so this weekend should be decent

adam2000

« Reply #2967 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:17 PM »
I still haven't done much off my downriggers either.  I think i was running my spinnie/flies too far back (15-20 ft).   I'm going to try running them tighter to the ball (8-10 ft).  I was going to say something about the busch cans too!   :sick:  Nice fish guys!!  I'm jealous as it's been t-storming my last 3 days off.   :-\  As far as skein goes...a buddy of mine did really well cutting it up and tying it into sacs last year.  He said he's going to do the same this year.  He was surprised at how well it worked. 

I've tried it all joe short leads, long leads, the 100 ft method. Using cutbait,  whole bait, 3 fly rigs, paddles spi. Docs, clean spoons. Cheaters, even tried a j plug yesterday. Just cant get them to go. All wire divers or copper. Yesterday that big king came in water that was 63 degrees. All other fish were in 49-53 range. Where you been going out of joe?

adam2000

« Reply #2968 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:19 PM »

And you were crying like a baby with the skippy on the copper. FISH FISH FISH

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #2969 on: Aug 21, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Last time out was last Sunday.  Got a 25 lbs er.  Launched at Port bay and headed towards the twin stacks in Oz.  Started washing lures when i hit 80-90 ft.  Turned around past Fair Haven in 300+.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.