FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084323 times)

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #3075 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:21 AM »
I heard that the kids want nothing to do with it. Maybe when the old man passes away they will give it to the state

Gamma Fish

« Reply #3076 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:28 AM »
 Things have changed... it once was the state that was securing the stream easements for everybody ... Now it appears they are selling it off to the highest bidder...or influence...  
And this is where the problem lies !    With the state being broke (so they say  ::)) they're selling off parcels of these formerly public fishing areas because they're easy to sell and the BIG money is waiting !
  That's why being part of a Sportsmans Federation or the NYS Conservation Council will be a benefit.  Strength in numbers !   They are the voice of the NY Sportsmen/women in Albany !!   

One thing I can say is that that used to be a real dump down there before he closed it off. 45 a day is just out of the question. This I do know if I owned both sides of the river and law says I own the river bottom. Noone would be going on it. Sucks cause I really like fishing down there. But it is better than having them build a 1000 houses on the river and having all the silt clog up the mouth
Thank You ! ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

bcons

« Reply #3077 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:30 AM »
The main problem is NYS law & the ruling in the case.  Most states ANY navigable waterway & the property owners own to the high water mark, not the middle.
So if you walked in the river or floated it fine, just no access to or from their property.
The ruling in this case sets a dangerous precident.  Since they defined navigable in fact vs. navigable in law as being based on tidal flow, what about all the other rivers?  3 rivers isn't tidal, it could be argued by deffinition of the Barclay ruling that this makes them navigable in fact, not law. Therefore do all the people in Esox V's neck of the woods own to the middle? If not why not?  Those rivers are conected to the Hudson tidal yes, hower the Salmon River is also connected to tidal flow by Ontario & the St law.  What's the difference?
I could see if this debate was over Orwell or Trout, since could you force a yak through? Maybe, maybe not.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3078 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:31 AM »
  I'm done with this rediculous debate....

For anyone who's paying attention...south southeast winds are howling right now...upwelling cold water ahead a posible rain event tonight and tomorrow morning... could be fish down low Friday..  We had no upwelling with the last storm....that's what was missing.........have good day boys... ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

esox v

« Reply #3079 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:31 AM »

"New York State doesn't have the money (so they say) to buy up parcels on the river as it becomes available.  This would be the ultimate scenario for all fishermen if they could make those purchases."

Ummm, they would have if they weren't paying 30 million dollars to buy lands off of the Nature Conservancy, and miss appropriating funds that are supposed to go into the wildlife fund but are going to be directed to the general fund.

Local groups are not allowed to help the state out around here any longer. We used to follow the trucks and help stock, organize groups to do clean ups, but have been told for insurance reasons we can't help any longer....and we need to apply for some dang permit to remove trash from the waters of creeks and rivers...
Come on, do you really feel that the money paid to use the stream will be directly used to better the whole water system? Or just to maintain an area for paid users.  

New York State has plenty of money... They are just giving it away to every nonproductive low life in the state .
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #3080 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:33 AM »
The main problem is NYS law & the ruling in the case.  Most states ANY navigable waterway & the property owners own to the high water mark, not the middle.
So if you walked in the river or floated it fine, just no access to or from their property.
The ruling in this case sets a dangerous precident.  Since they defined navigable in fact vs. navigable in law as being based on tidal flow, what about all the other rivers?  3 rivers isn't tidal, it could be argued by deffinition of the Barclay ruling that this makes them navigable in fact, not law. Therefore do all the people in Esox V's neck of the woods own to the middle? If not why not?  Those rivers are conected to the Hudson tidal yes, hower the Salmon River is also connected to tidal flow by Ontario & the St law.  What's the difference?
I could see if this debate was over Orwell or Trout, since could you force a yak through? Maybe, maybe not.
I don't own squat of the river... I believe the state has a right away along the entire canal system.

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #3081 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:34 AM »

For anyone who's paying attention...south southeast winds are howling right now...upwelling cold water ahead a posible rain event tonight and tomorrow morning... could be fish down low Friday..  We had no upwelling with the last storm....that's what was missing.........have good day boys... ;D
I agree...

bcons

« Reply #3082 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:37 AM »
I don't own squat of the river... I believe the state has a right away along the entire canal system.

I agree, I know you don't own squat of it, they do have a right of way.  Just how is one different from the other?
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

adam2000

« Reply #3083 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:39 AM »

Im not saying I agree with it. But if I owned both sides of the river I wont let anyone on it if I didn't have too. With the c and r that goes on there and and everything else. Of course they will side with him. Money makes the world go around. End of story.  

adam2000

« Reply #3084 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:45 AM »
  New York State has plenty of money... They are just giving it away to every nonproductive low life in the state .

X100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000

Gamma Fish

« Reply #3085 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:58 AM »

Now that there is funny ! ;D ;D  If the shoe doesn't fit, it's rediculous  ??? ;D

Plastics are Fantastic !

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3086 on: Aug 24, 2011, 09:02 AM »

Now that there is funny ! ;D ;D  If the shoe doesn't fit, it's rediculous  ??? ;D

no  just done it before and can't be at the computer all day....have fun!!! ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Gamma Fish

« Reply #3087 on: Aug 24, 2011, 09:04 AM »
  no  just done it before and can't be at the computer all day....have fun!!! ;D
Me either !  Headed to FM's for grub ! ;) ;)     
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishingjason

« Reply #3088 on: Aug 24, 2011, 09:12 AM »
Let the upwelling begin!
I have all of my little pink "Salmon River Chinook Flies" ready.

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #3089 on: Aug 24, 2011, 09:18 AM »
D.S.R. guys, do-gooder's, tree hugger's it dont matter because none of them can catch fish anyway's if you think about it these are the type that need a millon fish around to catch one anyway's and of coarse it has to be released or the do-gooder next to him wont have the same odd's of hooking up  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.