FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084347 times)

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #3090 on: Aug 24, 2011, 09:23 AM »
D.S.R. guys, do-gooder's, tree hugger's it dont matter because none of them can catch fish anyway's if you think about it these are the type that need a millon fish around to catch one anyway's and of coarse it has to be released or the do-gooder next to him wont have the same odd's of hooking up  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
lol

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3091 on: Aug 24, 2011, 09:42 AM »
     Change happens slowly and people get used to it, plus you have new generations up here now who never knew the River back then...90% of the people on the River now have less than 10 years experience... I still run into people from the 80's on the River, but it's less and less every year... Alot of new people on the River just in the last 5 years...Think about it though, if your only up here 2 or 3 times a year..45 bucks is still cheaper than say 18 holes of golf.  Me and Dave seen 2 new houses being built right on the cliff at the Staircase yesterday and said oh boy, it won't be long now....

49 degrees this morning here and lake effect rain showers again like last night...
i dont belive so many people would pay 45$ to play on a public funded course , thats my beef and he seeks to expand constantly . hes a greedy turd and anyone who thinks hes doin us a favor is just plain handicapped  >:(

adam2000

« Reply #3092 on: Aug 24, 2011, 09:49 AM »
Dots im not sticking up for the guy but atleast if he owns it it wont be developed.  I was building houses when gulfstream off lakeshore rd went up. I built plenty of the orignals houses in there. Do you know the problems that caused on oneida. Dec was there every day making us shovel the mud out of the rd. Think about if that field off rt 3 was a development. It would destroy the river

drowndin dots

« Reply #3093 on: Aug 24, 2011, 10:13 AM »
   I'm not sayin it doesn't have some pros Adam , I'm just sayin it all about money for him everything he does . you and i paid for those fish and we cant even fish em from a boat , that's wrong man . i totally get not lettin people poop all over you're land, but this squid hired the gestapo and invented laws to benefit him and we all lose out . we shouldn't have to form a special intrest group to benefit our own specific needs to keep a piece of watter public , a body of water witch the only draw is the public funded fish that get stocked in that water   :cursing:

adam2000

« Reply #3094 on: Aug 24, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Well like snag said change happens slowly. It will only get worse

drowndin dots

« Reply #3095 on: Aug 24, 2011, 10:40 AM »
Well like snag said change happens slowly. It will only get worse
of that we can be sure my friend  :'(

griz104

« Reply #3096 on: Aug 24, 2011, 12:40 PM »
Well, all I can say is that if you happened to own a piece of the property adjacent to Barclay's and they made you a deal that would pay your taxes and put a nice yearly paycheck in your pocket, I find it hard to believe that you or anyone else would refuse it !   Especially back in the late 80's  !
  I see things differently because I have no vested interest in the river .   The few trips I make there each year are nothing !   I'm not a big water trout and salmon guy.    I try to look at things from both sides of the fence.  Some people don't like or want to hear what is on the other side.
 Others refuse to see it and some will roll over and play dead ! :-\

You admitted yourself that the $45.00 per day to fish the DSR is reasonable compared to what it costs to golf 18 holes or participate in other sports.   
  It's like choosing a hotel !   You can stay at the Town & Country in Central Square and leave with cockroaches in your clothes or stay at a Ramada in and be treated like a king for a few bucks more f

I own 156 acres in Prime Gas Drilling area in Pa. and try as they might i have not signed on with any Company nor i plan to.. I am not rich by any means and bought the land and Cabin years ago for what most would call a steal now..I was a Union Carpenter for over 35 years and am now retired and although that money would be nice Honestly exactly what it do for me? Make me pay way higher taxes..buy a new car.. or a nice trip.. but the land would in turn be destroyed..And what good would that do for my grandkids whom i plan on leaving it to..My point is not everyone is greedy.. Barkley probably pays a lot less in taxes and such then you think..I would be willing to bet on that..After all he is a politician isn't he??  As for Sportsmen groups..i have belonged to them for way more years then i care to think about.. I saw this coming a Long time ago..Not just in New York but Pa. also..You are so right.. to many times people just sit back and figure some one else will take of the problem and when they find out no body will then it is too late..I hope i never see this in my life time but i would be willing to bet i will....

griz104

« Reply #3097 on: Aug 24, 2011, 12:42 PM »
  I'm not sayin it doesn't have some pros Adam , I'm just sayin it all about money for him everything he does . you and i paid for those fish and we cant even fish em from a boat , that's wrong man . i totally get not lettin people poop all over you're land, but this squid hired the gestapo and invented laws to benefit him and we all lose out . we shouldn't have to form a special intrest group to benefit our own specific needs to keep a piece of watter public , a body of water witch the only draw is the public funded fish that get stocked in that water   :cursing:

Just think.. Someday that River will be named the Barkley River....

lehigh vally

« Reply #3098 on: Aug 24, 2011, 01:42 PM »

I own 156 acres in Prime Gas Drilling area in Pa. and try as they might i have not signed on with any Company nor i plan to.. I am not rich by any means and bought the land and Cabin years ago for what most would call a steal now..I was a Union Carpenter for over 35 years and am now retired and although that money would be nice Honestly exactly what it do for me? Make me pay way higher taxes..buy a new car.. or a nice trip.. but the land would in turn be destroyed..And what good would that do for my grandkids whom i plan on leaving it to..My point is not everyone is greedy.. Barkley probably pays a lot less in taxes and such then you think..I would be willing to bet on that..After all he is a politician isn't he??  As for Sportsmen groups..i have belonged to them for way more years then i care to think about.. I saw this coming a Long time ago..Not just in New York but Pa. also..You are so right.. to many times people just sit back and figure some one else will take of the problem and when they find out no body will then it is too late..I hope i never see this in my life time but i would be willing to bet i will....
   Your probably the smartest person out there in Western pa not signing with anyone, you will be the only one soon that has a good water supply. I live in eastern pa, no gas drilling going on hear and it really doesent affect me at all but it really burns me up knowing that DEP and the DEC are not doing anything about the contamination that's going on out there. I work for a repair facility that works on gas and oil delivery equipment if they spill a few drops on the ground someone is allways on the phone complaning about it and DEP comes rite out and check into it usually resulting in a fine or written warning and they allways have to clean up the mess, but these bastards are getting away with murder out there and no one is doing anything about it!! 

adam2000

« Reply #3099 on: Aug 24, 2011, 03:01 PM »
Saw a tv show on that. These guys were lighten the water coming out of there faucets on fire. Scary stuff

griz104

« Reply #3100 on: Aug 24, 2011, 03:39 PM »
   Your probably the smartest person out there in Western pa not signing with anyone, you will be the only one soon that has a good water supply. I live in eastern pa, no gas drilling going on hear and it really doesent affect me at all but it really burns me up knowing that DEP and the DEC are not doing anything about the contamination that's going on out there. I work for a repair facility that works on gas and oil delivery equipment if they spill a few drops on the ground someone is allways on the phone complaning about it and DEP comes rite out and check into it usually resulting in a fine or written warning and they allways have to clean up the mess, but these idiots are getting away with murder out there and no one is doing anything about it!! 

Actually the Cabin and property is in Sullivan County.. Just across the Bradford County line..And that is exactly why i WON"T sign.. I have already saw a  native brown trout stream that was polluted from Fracking..Used to be able to catch nice Native Brown Trout in the 12-14 inch range.. no longer..New York is smart and are taking it slow but the Gas Companies will be here soon also.. Money buys anything.. I have friends in Pa. who built 250.000-300,000 dollar homes whose wells are now bad and the homes are almost worthless.. The big joke in Bradford County now is that the Water Buffalo is the new State animal...It's not funny.. they are killing what used to be good fishing creeks and DEP does nothing but give them a small fine..They are all called Gasholes down there.. I had one company tell me that i should sign because they will take the Gas anyway.. They can bore down and then Horizontal... But we have surprise for them they aren't going to like .. has already worked in a couple other places...

fishhooker

« Reply #3101 on: Aug 24, 2011, 03:59 PM »
i shouldnt have opened this can of worms...sorry
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

duffy

« Reply #3102 on: Aug 24, 2011, 04:30 PM »
I think you guys need to go to the pa board and read the thread on natural gas and fracking, if you want i'll personally take you on a tour in Bradford Co. and you can see for your selves the pros and cons of natural gas development. Remember keep an open mind and don't look at it from one side or the other, i live here 365 days a year and yes i have wells drilled on me so i'm not going to try blowing smoke up your azzez when i say the media will twist every event that happens in gas country. Who knows, if you take me up on the "tour" you might be able to fish the "bubbling" Susquehanna and i'll show you how polluted the river is from fracking and gas development.

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #3103 on: Aug 24, 2011, 04:44 PM »
well guys...if you ask you shall recieve.

happy hunting

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3104 on: Aug 24, 2011, 05:23 PM »

NICE ONE ERNEY!!!!!! :thumbup_smilie:  VERY SILVER!!!!! ;D  First Salmon of the year Award goes to Erney!!!! :thumbup_smilie:

Just went down and talked to a guy working on the Pineville bridge..said they are tieing steel starting tomorrow..pouring the Deck starting next Friday and another sidewalk pour a week later..  Said it should be done by October 28th.. I said October not September..he said yep....huh...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.