FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084156 times)

draketrutta

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #3225 on: Aug 26, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Hey wired, how'd they land them off that bridge? Were they using 75lb test to haul them up? Wow, that's a scene.  :rotflol: :rotflol:

that's why I mentioned the possible need for hard hats..LOL

not sure if I ever shared this story here, but it's the funniest thing I've ever seen during Pulaski Slammin Season:

one day I took a mid day break and drove down to the Rte 3 bridge that was in the pic, to have lunch and watch the antics.

One of the bridgesters had a tuna rod & big arse baitcaster reel, and he was all decked out in 5mm neos on a hot Indian Summer day.
He went into a backcast and somehow got his weights entangled around the base of a passing by pickup's radio antenna base. Driver seemed oblivious to the whole thing and the bridgester must have got spooked by the backward tug of his rig, let go, and must have locked the drag.

Truck drove on for about 50 yards with the tuna rig draggin and bouncin along, and the poor schmuck screamin & chasing after his pole with arms flailing. At that point the tuna rig bounced into the other lane and was crushed by an oncoming vehicle....

I felt bad for the guy, but my ribs hurt from laughing so hard.

Pickup broke off and headed for the Lake...LOL

Classic Poolaski Slammin Season Jammin...  ;D
<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #3226 on: Aug 26, 2011, 07:54 PM »
That's good stuff drake

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #3227 on: Aug 26, 2011, 08:12 PM »
omg lmao ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D sad thing is i have watched that happen a lot over the years ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

monic20

« Reply #3228 on: Aug 26, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Congrats snag !!!!!

griz104

« Reply #3229 on: Aug 26, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Way to go Snagger!! The ice is broken for you and can only get better from here on.....Talking about funny stories from the bridge..We were down there one day and a gut was standing on next to top of guard rail.. somehow he lost his balance and went ass over teakettles in the river..I think it hurt his pride more then anything with everyone laughing their tails off!!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3230 on: Aug 26, 2011, 10:06 PM »

Stopped in and said hey to Mike at the Fish on Lodge and talked about his posible world record coho...heres a pic of it...

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

esox v

« Reply #3231 on: Aug 26, 2011, 10:08 PM »

Heard a bunch of noise today about River fishin, so took a ride down river around 4pm.. picked away at some rapids, didn't see anything.. Came apon a deep pool I've fished most of my life... First cast bumped oned..second cast bumped one..made an adjustment..then had 4 salmon on in 9 casts.. Ended up landing 2 for 9 in 40 minutes ..... then it died out, checked the rapids on the way out but nothing moving..great little bonanza for a while.. I had a riot , arms were actually a little sore from some nice long battles... ;D

First one of the year........27.2 lbs

It's about time you got down there.... ;D ;D I sent Ray Charles 1 and 2 there the day before.... Must be they were there... left..... and then came back the next day... ;D ;D  

It will be nice if we get a box full of them for the challenge tomorrow !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3232 on: Aug 26, 2011, 10:18 PM »
 It's about time you got down there.... ;D ;D I sent Ray Charles 1 and 2 there the day before.... Must be they were there... left..... and then came back the next day... ;D ;D 

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

I still haven't seen one with my eyes..got these drifting a pool all on the blind like steelheading Scott..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lpv89

« Reply #3233 on: Aug 26, 2011, 10:21 PM »
Woo only about 3 weeks till i start getting them in the tribs!
Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

Stormy_NY

« Reply #3234 on: Aug 26, 2011, 10:23 PM »
What were they hitting Snagger ?   ;D

fishgalore

« Reply #3235 on: Aug 26, 2011, 10:24 PM »
I'm not a big fan of braid for the river... and I can say I have never run more than 10 pound.... But what the h*ll do i know....... and I think Braid doesn't break down as fast as mono left in the water..... I had some knucklewad next to me with braid so heavy he couldn't break it off..... So he cut the line as far out as he could reach leaving 75 feet of so trailing down from the snag for everyone to catch... He had to leave before he was killed ;D ;D

Well esox v that's a negative characteristic of the braid but as far as actually fishing and not getting snagged its got some really good ones. e.g. Land a fish in about 2-3 mins. flat. The more landing, the more catching, the more catching, the more fishing is fun, at least it seems that way to me. I don't want to be tying up rigs all day when I have about 2 days to fish then travel 4 hrs back home. Know what I mean? ;) ;)

fishgalore

« Reply #3236 on: Aug 26, 2011, 10:30 PM »
that's why I mentioned the possible need for hard hats..LOL

not sure if I ever shared this story here, but it's the funniest thing I've ever seen during Pulaski Slammin Season:

one day I took a mid day break and drove down to the Rte 3 bridge that was in the pic, to have lunch and watch the antics.

One of the bridgesters had a tuna rod & big arse baitcaster reel, and he was all decked out in 5mm neos on a hot Indian Summer day.
He went into a backcast and somehow got his weights entangled around the base of a passing by pickup's radio antenna base. Driver seemed oblivious to the whole thing and the bridgester must have got spooked by the backward tug of his rig, let go, and must have locked the drag.

Truck drove on for about 50 yards with the tuna rig draggin and bouncin along, and the poor schmuck screamin & chasing after his pole with arms flailing. At that point the tuna rig bounced into the other lane and was crushed by an oncoming vehicle....

I felt bad for the guy, but my ribs hurt from laughing so hard.

Pickup broke off and headed for the Lake...LOL

Classic Poolaski Slammin Season Jammin...  ;D

Good story.......to each his own. I don't judge a man by the set ups or equipment he choses to fish with, that is up to him/her. The main goal is to enjoy yourself, be courteous to others while doing so and bang some fish!!!! IMHO. If that ain't good enough and rocking the town is the only option then we go.  :cursing:  :cookoo: That's it.  :evil: :evil: Bang, bang!

lpv89

« Reply #3237 on: Aug 26, 2011, 10:30 PM »
well if you run braid atleast make it look good buy using a flouro tip or green mono.... so it actually looks like your snagging....

theres a tip for the mud shark hunters!
Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

fishgalore

« Reply #3238 on: Aug 26, 2011, 10:32 PM »
I'm glad I'm only 3  ;) ;)  3 hours from salmon country and 3 hours from the shore so no matter which I hear is hot I can still do a day trip  ;D

More power to you, 3 hr day trip is like going to Wildwood and back the same day. That's crazy dude. I must be getting old!!!

fishgalore

« Reply #3239 on: Aug 26, 2011, 10:36 PM »

Heard a bunch of noise today about River fishin, so took a ride down river around 4pm.. picked away at some rapids, didn't see anything.. Came apon a deep pool I've fished most of my life... First cast bumped oned..second cast bumped one..made an adjustment..then had 4 salmon on in 9 casts.. Ended up landing 2 for 9 in 40 minutes ..... then it died out, checked the rapids on the way out but nothing moving..great little bonanza for a while.. I had a riot , arms were actually a little sore from some nice long battles... ;D

First one of the year........27.2 lbs

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: You da man!!!  :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm the student!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.