FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084135 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #3600 on: Sep 01, 2011, 10:37 PM »
Game over. Got your pm smells like fish

you got lucky with that call..we got your number mo.   good night!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #3601 on: Sep 01, 2011, 10:38 PM »
Game over. Got your pm smells like fish

OK cool!!!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

fishgalore

« Reply #3602 on: Sep 01, 2011, 10:39 PM »

wow..that was hard too take...great series....

Kind of a lopsided year for the Yanks   :bowdown: :bowdown:: vs. Boston   :cursing: :cursing:.............11-3. The hope now is a sweep of the last 3 at home then peak at the right time. Burnett wasn't bad tonight.........I thought for sure it was a guaranteed loss with him on the hill.  :sick: :sick:

fishgalore

« Reply #3603 on: Sep 01, 2011, 10:46 PM »
Mets.......Make Everyone To Scared took 4 of 5 from the fish. They'll be lucky to get to .500 for the year. But they have been better overall considering their circumstances with injuries, etc..... than many thought they would be. Their achilles heel is a lack of consistently good pitching.

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #3604 on: Sep 01, 2011, 10:47 PM »
Kind of a lopsided year for the Yanks   :bowdown: :bowdown:: vs. Boston   :cursing: :cursing:.............11-3. The hope now is a sweep of the last 3 at home then peak at the right time. Burnett wasn't bad tonight.........I thought for sure it was a guaranteed loss with him on the hill.  :sick: :sick:

I hate burnett. He's a headcase. As soon as one thing goes wrong he's done

fishgalore

« Reply #3605 on: Sep 01, 2011, 10:50 PM »

I gathered that from your post the other day. He does not breed confidence for the team. I agree...it's like walking on egg shells when he's on the hill.

backstrapper

« Reply #3606 on: Sep 01, 2011, 11:15 PM »
nice fish man; looks like pay to play??
Yep this one time (as you tell from the pix) and we had a blast. It took our minds off of Irene (and some other crap), seeing them shoot up the rapids for the first time and 20th time,  staring at a pod of 30 fish bigger then i've ever seen before, the Osprey overhead, only one other person around, and fighting the kings was worth every penny.  Where else are you going to experience all that for five bucks an hour,with that flow on that day?  
I shoot to grill and fish for the thrill

fishgalore

« Reply #3607 on: Sep 01, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Yep this one time (as you tell from the pix) and we had a blast. It took our minds off of Irene (and some other crap), seeing them shoot up the rapids for the first time and 20th time,  staring at a pod of 30 fish bigger then i've ever seen before, the Osprey overhead, only one other person around, and fighting the kings was worth every penny.  Where else are you going to experience all that for five bucks an hour,with that flow on that day?  

392 cfs currently at Pineville............not to bad considering that in Oct. '09 it was a similar flow and the release was 335 cfs from Brookfield. Those conditions were excellent in my opinion, especially after the wacky flows beginning 11 mos. ago on Oct. 1, 2010. Strange year for sure. Of course, I'm only looking at a 2 year span. Microdata for sure.

dimebrite

« Reply #3608 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:47 AM »

that pic with just the weeds in the back... I hit cohoes there back in 07 at 100 cfs... fish were on both sides of all islands....all cohoes; quite a scene...also hit the kings in august 98 at that same spot.... the pool upstream from there on the north side has hosted some of my beststeelhead days ever....
Again; nice pics

NYSporty

« Reply #3609 on: Sep 02, 2011, 06:15 AM »
Will there be fish going up the ladder at the hatchery sunday?
I want to take my wife and daughter to see them rockets.

P.B.R

« Reply #3610 on: Sep 02, 2011, 07:53 AM »
Stopped by hatchery yesterday only a few kings but a handfull of fat browns, you need to take them at the right time of day with the sunlight and make sure you have a pair of glasses

NYSporty

« Reply #3611 on: Sep 02, 2011, 08:01 AM »
It don't look like sunlight will be very strong all weekend :-\
If the sun is out I'll be on the beach shooting shoes.
What time of day do you recommend?

P.B.R

« Reply #3612 on: Sep 02, 2011, 08:08 AM »
Yesterday was a good day fishing but the  funniest part of the day happened at Ellis cove,stopped by to have a look and witnessed a group of Oriental men fishing on both sides at the corner below the island.On our way back through one of them stripped off his shoes and clothes and was crossing the river in his Bikini underwear and his clothes over his head.(funny S%$t)was laughing so hard forgot to take a pic,sure hoped they hooked a fish they were using kiddie poles with huge livebait slip bobbers  

P.B.R

« Reply #3613 on: Sep 02, 2011, 08:13 AM »
Mid morning till 100 oclock ,they have the water turned down in there,i try to take my kids up there when we go up together

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #3614 on: Sep 02, 2011, 09:13 AM »

Agreed.  The dude is alright for a few innings, but then he gives up a dinger and the wheels fall off.

Im not so sure he is really a major league pitcher.  At least not of the Yankees caliber.

C.C. on the other hand?  Rockstar.  Dude is a workhorse.
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.