FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084075 times)

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #3660 on: Sep 03, 2011, 10:50 AM »
I actually am a yankees fan Dots, but im just saying that we had post after post after post of ball game stuff.    Come on man,  its fishin season!   And i will be checking for myself this week.   I cant wait. 

Well you could check other sites and get bs reports. Or check here and get a real report but have to deal with our baseball talk.  I mean seriously there fish in the river now. So now its just how good you can time the run

fishgalore

« Reply #3661 on: Sep 03, 2011, 11:23 AM »
  this is from dsr an hour ago....can you say sugar coating!!!!

Anglers have been reporting some movement throughout the run. However, overall it seems to be a pretty slow day. I did see fish rolling in the estuary , but it is hard to say when they will make the move into the river. I hope everyone is still doing their rain dance!

If figured that out and if I did then so can others.  :rotflol: :rotflol: They need bodies in there to make $$$$$$$$ mucho dinero. At least we know what the truth is when you report. 

wiredstone

« Reply #3662 on: Sep 03, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Thursday was fun. Not big #s but no crowds. Bring on the rain. How is the lake Adam? ::)
wooo fish on. Never mind

KingPerch

« Reply #3663 on: Sep 03, 2011, 11:27 AM »
  this is from dsr an hour ago....can you say sugar coating!!!!

Anglers have been reporting some movement throughout the run. However, overall it seems to be a pretty slow day. I did see fish rolling in the estuary , but it is hard to say when they will make the move into the river. I hope everyone is still doing their rain dance!

Jr. and I will be heading to a trout stream north in a few minutes. I didn't see the report in blue this morning and up until now...sooooooo, we are going flyfishing!! Titelines Goons!!!! ;D--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

wiredstone

« Reply #3664 on: Sep 03, 2011, 11:31 AM »
If I had a bass boat ,I would be in the estuary right now.  ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3665 on: Sep 03, 2011, 11:51 AM »

Hey Wire what did you do to those yellow jackets?, they chewed through the ceiling and had to plywood shut the coffee room. Then an exterminator woman came and removed the nest..what a $200 nightmare!!!! ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #3666 on: Sep 03, 2011, 01:19 PM »

River is pretty much deadsville today .......my buddy Jeffrey has been able to hook 3 for his 7 year son..so that was nice, but just a few hook ups from the others...Very warm and humid...... mid to upper 80's ....... 70 last night at midnight....  good weekend to swim and party actually.......good luck to who ever goes today!!!  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lpv89

« Reply #3667 on: Sep 03, 2011, 03:02 PM »
fished today, town pool and black hole.

caught a lot of shad on skein. prob about 20.

hooked up twice. but nothing major. just a head shake and gone. assuming maybe trout.

coming back up in two weeks
Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #3668 on: Sep 03, 2011, 03:39 PM »
whitakers themometer is reading 69 degree water....it's a warm one out there i doubt it's that low.

hit the river for a couple hours early this morning, definitely pretty slow and a pretty good crowd. Saw maybe 10 or so fish and most of them didnt stand a chance....man it's great watching a dozen fully grown men chase down a fish. Almost as fun as catching them. Don't get me wrong here I've been known to scoot up a set of rapids in a hurry after a fish myself but...to watch a bunch of people bull rush a fish blowing up through a set is just hilarious. horror show for the fish and comedy show for the fisherman, gotta love it.

c'mon rain.

wiredstone

« Reply #3669 on: Sep 03, 2011, 04:42 PM »
 Hey Wire what d id you do to those yellow jackets?, they chewed through the ceiling and had to plywood shut the coffee room. Then an exterminator woman came and removed the nest..what a $200 nightmare!!!! ;D
I must have upset them off. ::) That is what you get for free. I guess I can take that off my resume.lol ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

wiredstone

« Reply #3670 on: Sep 03, 2011, 04:53 PM »
I was down at the Staircase on Thursday. I lost my fishpond flie box. ??? Wondering if anyone found it ? I don't care about the flies but I love that flie box. Thanks.
wooo fish on. Never mind

fishgalore

« Reply #3671 on: Sep 03, 2011, 05:08 PM »
fished today, town pool and black hole.

caught a lot of shad on skein. prob about 20.

hooked up twice. but nothing major. just a head shake and gone. assuming maybe trout.

coming back up in two weeks

I'd be disappointed if I didn't land a big one but happy I had lots of other action. Shad are better than nothing IMO. Sometimes when I'm fishing for trout and can't attract a bite I wish a few sunfish would hit my line. Anything is better than nothing.

SNAGGER

« Reply #3672 on: Sep 03, 2011, 05:37 PM »
   Action shot by Lehigh Valley of my good friend Jeffrey..he went down to 8lb. maxima ultra green and hit 18 today...his 7 year old son had a blast reeling some of them in.....I bet that 69 degrees is correct Erney..atleast as of this morning..pretty warm out there now....

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

wiredstone

« Reply #3673 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:22 PM »
Awsome ! Great pics as always LV. I WANT TO THANK THE GREAT SPORTSMAN THAT FOUND MY FLIE BOX.  :thumbup_smilie: :flag: IT IS NICE TO SEE SUCH PEOPLE ON THE RIVER
wooo fish on. Never mind

Fetzer1

« Reply #3674 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:23 PM »
If I had a bass boat ,I would be in the estuary right now.  ;D

This is my opinion and Wired I'm not directing this at you. What goes on down there this time of year is truely a shame. I could see if there was some current and guys actually were able to drift into the fish, that would be one thing. But casting plugs with trebles or a #2 hook and 1/4 pound of lead and blatant ripping, well to me that aint fishing. DEC could make a bloody fortune in there. I just can't figure out why the laws don't apply down there. The last 2 years the fish got balled right up and didn't push through until monday when the boats were gone.  For all the years I've sat and watched the entire picture, I truely believe if the boats down there (and I am NOT generalizing ALL boats because I've seen alot of legit fishermen enjoying themselves) just backed off the holes alittle and didn't anchor 2/3 the way across the river right on the edges of the holes, the river would probably see better runs of fish on saturdays and sundays.  I've been fishing along time and just have an extremely deep appreciation for fish and wildlife. Rather than stand in the middle of the runs and focus only on the big fish like I did 15+ years ago, I've learned to stand back and cast alittle further to the fish, but at the same time take in the bigger picture and see exactly whats going on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.