FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084130 times)

Fetzer1

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #3675 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:26 PM »
  Action shot by Lehigh Valley of my good friend Jeffrey..he went down to 8lb. maxima ultra green and hit 18 today...his 7 year old son had a blast reeling some of them in.....I bet that 69 degrees is correct Erney..atleast as of this morning..pretty warm out there now....

Great Pic!! Look at his son standing there biting his fingernails in excitement. How awesome is that!?

bcons

« Reply #3676 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:37 PM »
This is my opinion and Wired I'm not directing this at you. What goes on down there this time of year is truely a shame. I could see if there was some current and guys actually were able to drift into the fish, that would be one thing. But casting plugs with trebles or a #2 hook and 1/4 pound of lead and blatant ripping, well to me that aint fishing. DEC could make a bloody fortune in there. I just can't figure out why the laws don't apply down there. The last 2 years the fish got balled right up and didn't push through until monday when the boats were gone.  For all the years I've sat and watched the entire picture, I truely believe if the boats down there (and I am NOT generalizing ALL boats because I've seen alot of legit fishermen enjoying themselves) just backed off the holes alittle and didn't anchor 2/3 the way across the river right on the edges of the holes, the river would probably see better runs of fish on saturdays and sundays.  I've been fishing along time and just have an extremely deep appreciation for fish and wildlife. Rather than stand in the middle of the runs and focus only on the big fish like I did 15+ years ago, I've learned to stand back and cast alittle further to the fish, but at the same time take in the bigger picture and see exactly whats going on.

Ohhh boy here we go. ::) ::)   The boats are to blame for weird runs???   Forget low water, forget warm water, forget wrong direction on the wind blow, it must be the guys in the boats making the fish act weird.    ::) ::)  If no one fished the river at all, the fish would be much happier too! For that matter outlaw lead, copper, & riggers they'd feel even more comfortable. Geeeeeeeez when does this stop?
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Fetzer1

« Reply #3677 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Ohhh boy here we go. ::) ::)   The boats are to blame for weird runs???   Forget low water, forget warm water, forget wrong direction on the wind blow, it must be the guys in the boats making the fish act weird.    ::) ::)  If no one fished the river at all, the fish would be much happier too! For that matter outlaw lead, copper, & riggers they'd feel even more comfortable. Geeeeeeeez when does this stop?
Didn't make any reference to "wierd runs."  They go when they want to go, I'm not an idiot. Just speaking the way I see it. Apparently I struck a nerve.

bcons

« Reply #3678 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:44 PM »
And for the record I might fish the port once a yr just to say I did.  I'm normally on the fast water before most, already been up river 5 times this yr.  Just saying, if we all blame the other guy who fishes different than us, where does that leave us?  All pointing the finger.  Well you point, I'll go catch the fish that are there while you're pointing.   ::) :-*    
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

bcons

« Reply #3679 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:47 PM »
Didn't make any reference to "wierd runs."  They go when they want to go, I'm not an idiot. Just speaking the way I see it. Apparently I struck a nerve.

Struck a nerve?  Again I DON'T FISH THE PORT, MY BOAT IS TOO BIG!!!  I just believe these fish move when they want too, not based on who or what is standing in their way.  If that were the case they'd all stop every busy weekend.  ::) ::)  I choose to fish my way, let others fish theirs.  Blaming the other guy leaves you with 4 fingers pointing back at yourself.  Me I catch fish based on my ability not others getting in the way.

Fetzer1

« Reply #3680 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:52 PM »
And for the record I might fish the port once a yr just to say I did.  I'm normally on the fast water before most, already been up river 5 times this yr.  Just saying, if we all blame the other guy who fishes different than us, where does that leave us?  All pointing the finger.  Well you point, I'll go catch the fish that are there while you're pointing.   ::) :-*    

???? you lost me. Again, I didn't point any finger, I didn't say the boats are to blame for "wierd runs"
 I shared and observation. I've seen what goes down on this river from end to end, and love it all. Just what goes on down there baffels me.
 just for the record I hate debates..I'm done with this one.

bcons

« Reply #3681 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:53 PM »

You didn't?

"didn't anchor 2/3 the way across the river right on the edges of the holes, the river would probably see better runs of fish on saturdays and sundays."

Uhhhhh????? sorry I must be confused........ My understanding of the English language leaves me with the impression you're implying the runs are altered by the boats, hence "weird" (do I need to define weird? Unusual, not normal.....etc.......)    You said "I'm not an idiot"  right after you said "They go when they want to go"  If they go when they want to, how can both be true?  They either go when they want, or they're disrupted by the boats.  Which is it?

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3682 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:55 PM »

That's not Jeff's son in the picture ...He hit like 3 spots today all down low....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #3683 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:58 PM »
This is my opinion and Wired I'm not directing this at you. What goes on down there this time of year is truely a shame. I could see if there was some current and guys actually were able to drift into the fish, that would be one thing. But casting plugs with trebles or a #2 hook and 1/4 pound of lead and blatant ripping, well to me that aint fishing. DEC could make a bloody fortune in there. I just can't figure out why the laws don't apply down there. The last 2 years the fish got balled right up and didn't push through until monday when the boats were gone.  For all the years I've sat and watched the entire picture, I truely believe if the boats down there (and I am NOT generalizing ALL boats because I've seen alot of legit fishermen enjoying themselves) just backed off the holes alittle and didn't anchor 2/3 the way across the river right on the edges of the holes, the river would probably see better runs of fish on saturdays and sundays.  I've been fishing along time and just have an extremely deep appreciation for fish and wildlife. Rather than stand in the middle of the runs and focus only on the big fish like I did 15+ years ago, I've learned to stand back and cast alittle further to the fish, but at the same time take in the bigger picture and see exactly whats going on.

News flash.  In 13 miles they die no matter what

wiredstone

« Reply #3684 on: Sep 03, 2011, 06:59 PM »
You have to love the circus. ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #3685 on: Sep 03, 2011, 07:01 PM »
that is NO fun to me so you can have it ??? ??? ??? ???

bcons

« Reply #3686 on: Sep 03, 2011, 07:10 PM »
that is NO fun to me so you can have it ??? ??? ??? ???

That's only because if you're not in a boat you have to be taller than 5'1" to wade off the island & catch fish.  :-* :-* :-*

H.T.

« Reply #3687 on: Sep 03, 2011, 07:14 PM »
i am 5'5 and even older then you DAD so watch it ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) and you and frank are way behind in the numbers just so you know in the salmon challenge, oh ya and when the ice fest starts and you smell venison on the grill out there be prepared to be treated like a sea gull  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :P

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #3688 on: Sep 03, 2011, 07:21 PM »
i am 5'5 and even older then you DAD so watch it ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) and you and frank are way behind in the numbers just so you know in the salmon challenge, oh ya and when the ice fest starts and you smell venison on the grill out there be prepared to be treated like a sea gull  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :P

You gonna throw stinklogs to him

H.T.

« Reply #3689 on: Sep 03, 2011, 07:25 PM »
nope i will hang them from the hoop before i let those birds touch them ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.