FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084142 times)

fishgalore

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #3975 on: Sep 08, 2011, 10:13 PM »
Nice to finally meet you Bob.... That's when the fun begins !! Glad you got into em.... someone txt me early and said you and Adam were hitting the pretty good !!

You too Scott, good times chatting with some nice peeps up there at the SR. One of the topics of discussion (briefly though) was that Gamma and Trapper got banned from MFF. Can anyone confirm this? I wonder if they'll be back with a different user name?

fishgalore

« Reply #3976 on: Sep 08, 2011, 11:05 PM »
Check over on SC - Someone found a camera low on the river and was looking for the owner...

pajrma on SC found it (staircase) and it still works!

esox v

« Reply #3977 on: Sep 08, 2011, 11:18 PM »
pajrma on SC found it (staircase) and it still works!
THATS COOL !! and Yes its true !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

bass on

« Reply #3978 on: Sep 09, 2011, 05:54 AM »
You guys got me itching to get back up thier...ill be up next weekend im sure ill see some of you on the river i drive a silver gmc 1500 with ct plates...if u guys r staying at snaggers im sure i met you i just cant put a face to name

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #3979 on: Sep 09, 2011, 06:35 AM »
Well Fishgalore my Camera got wet on Weds and is not doing well.. good thing I have two! lol looks like more Videos then pictures this year for me.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3980 on: Sep 09, 2011, 10:07 AM »

Got busy and was tired last night so didn't report, but I found nothing any different than any one else did... Hit the ball park around 6 pm and fished til 8pm...fish were moving steady..groups of 4 or 5 at a time  ..... hooked 14 landed 3...all the rocks were different since last years flood , so had to wing it.. never did really find a new favorite run, but some ok spots ....had guys there today that said it's about half as good as yesterday...the guys I talked too said it was hot yesterday morning..  my guys tried to fish the papermill today, but the state troopers were there not letting anyone park and walk the tracks to the river...don't know what that's all about....so they went to the 2a instead.. That's it for me for a while, still saw no trout or coho's with my own eyes..just kings....  good luck if you go... ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3981 on: Sep 09, 2011, 10:21 AM »

whats up with the papermill thing ? thats bs man . i was gonna go to the ballpark and fish my way up to the papermill too ... oh well maybe ill hit the estuary or above 2a well see gotta find that pod adam was beatin up on yesterday . wish i didnt have theose last 3 manhattans last night  ;D

griz104

« Reply #3982 on: Sep 09, 2011, 10:57 AM »
I fished at the Papermill day before yesterday and had no problems..Wonder if someone drown and now they are going to rope that area off..next thing you know there will be places left to fish up there!!

jona

« Reply #3983 on: Sep 09, 2011, 11:02 AM »
Nice to bump into and kind of meet a few of you.  Fish Galore, I think?  Kielbasa looked good!  Sorry Shane had to bail on the night on you but the floods called home.  Fortunately not nearly as bad as last week no sewer backups so the basement stayed dry.  Everything else still isn't really put back from last week so all turned out good.  As for my fishing, I think Shane made a comment about one of his buddies that sums me up- couldn't catch a king if you threw a dozen in a bathtub!  They're definitely in though, buddy of mine that stayed had some hookups in tressle yesterday.

dmntd169

« Reply #3984 on: Sep 09, 2011, 11:27 AM »
my guys tried to fish the papermill today, but the state troopers were there not letting anyone park and walk the tracks to the river[/b]

JMiser's up there right now and told me the same thing....would love to know why  ??? ???

He said he did land a bright silver coho and watched a few others blast by early and its been all kings since
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3985 on: Sep 09, 2011, 12:00 PM »
JMiser's up there right now and told me the same thing....would love to know why  ??? ???

He said he did land a bright silver coho and watched a few others blast by early and its been all kings since

I heard the train conductor called them saying people wouldn't get out of the way of the train... what's the big deal...if they don't get out of the way..runn um over..train can't stop.....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

hunterdeneugene

« Reply #3986 on: Sep 09, 2011, 12:27 PM »
guys....don't mean to sound like the voice of reason but it has always been illegal in NYS to walk upon train tracks.  It is just one of those laws thats not usually enforced until a complaint comes in.  Not sure how far off the tracks they consider RR property though...

fishgalore

« Reply #3987 on: Sep 09, 2011, 01:10 PM »
Nice to bump into and kind of meet a few of you.  Fish Galore, I think?  Kielbasa looked good!  Sorry Shane had to bail on the night on you but the floods called home.  Fortunately not nearly as bad as last week no sewer backups so the basement stayed dry.  Everything else still isn't really put back from last week so all turned out good.  As for my fishing, I think Shane made a comment about one of his buddies that sums me up- couldn't catch a king if you threw a dozen in a bathtub!  They're definitely in though, buddy of mine that stayed had some hookups in tressle yesterday.

Yeah, the only thing left was some sauerkraut and a bit of peas. Glad you weren't hit as bad as last time. Shane musta been talking about me.....LOL.

gatorsin09

« Reply #3988 on: Sep 09, 2011, 01:50 PM »
These threads make the oneida lake ones look tiny! Sorting through all the info trying to figure out this salmon thing is proving time consuming, Ive spent a week reading and I still dont know if I need a fly rod or a spinning rod! folks have a place in redfield and I heard theres lots of trout out there just not sure where to start. I finally start doin some damage on the lake and now Im already tryin somethin new haha. If anybody has any help or a place to point me in the right direction for some info let me know! Went to gander today but didnt see much, guess I need to head up to bass pro

griz104

« Reply #3989 on: Sep 09, 2011, 02:17 PM »
I myself like a Fly Rod but am sure there are going to be those who like a Spinning rod just as much.. For Salmon i use a 9 footer and mine is a 10 wgt only because i got a good deal on it years ago..My Fly reel is loaded with 12 pound Mono and that is a Martin 72..It is a old reel also but works just like the day i bought it..So once again the choice of Equipment is up to what you enjoy the most.. If 10 guys answer you will get 10 different answers...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.