FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084179 times)

griz104

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #3990 on: Sep 09, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Speaking of the Martin 72 i am wondering if there is anyone in here who remembers how to change the retrieve from right hand to left hand.. i used to know but have not fished for Salmon in a few years and it somehow got switched around.. I have been all over the internet but can find nothing on there about it.. so am hoping that maybe some one will remember...

shantysitter

« Reply #3991 on: Sep 09, 2011, 02:34 PM »
Speaking of the Martin 72 i am wondering if there is anyone in here who remembers how to change the retrieve from right hand to left hand.. i used to know but have not fished for Salmon in a few years and it somehow got switched around.. I have been all over the internet but can find nothing on there about it.. so am hoping that maybe some one will remember...
Griz is the Martin 72 the multiplier?

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #3992 on: Sep 09, 2011, 02:53 PM »
ill be heading down this afternoon fishing anywere from bp to sportsmans ill be wearing an atomic jacket dont be afraid to say hi
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

griz104

« Reply #3993 on: Sep 09, 2011, 03:09 PM »
Griz is the Martin 72 the multiplier?

Yes it is.. probably 30 years old..

KingPerch

« Reply #3994 on: Sep 09, 2011, 03:43 PM »
nice..  just what kids should be reading if they come here looking for information :(
Kinda sounds like an education SNAGGER is trying to relay to people! Maybe trying to warn the idiots that walk the tracks, to not walk the tracks! And if they see/hear a 1000 ton train coming, that they might want to clear the way. :cookoo: Sounds pretty logical to me. Even KP Jr. would've figured that one out!! ;) Fish on!!--KP  Wasssuuup Shane?? :afro: How did Homie make out yesterday?
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3995 on: Sep 09, 2011, 03:56 PM »
Yeah, the only thing left was some sauerkraut and a bit of peas. Glad you weren't hit as bad as last time. Shane musta been talking about me.....LOL.

Nope .......... Stormy.. :w00t: :clapping:  just kiddin stormy.....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3996 on: Sep 09, 2011, 04:00 PM »
nice..  just what kids should be reading if they come here looking for information :(

it's just common sense I thought...if don't get out of the way of a train..your dead. Aren't you?..... my mommy taught me that when I was like 6 years old..

Hey Griz take the screws out of the clutch plate, then flip it and re screw it.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishgalore

« Reply #3997 on: Sep 09, 2011, 04:14 PM »
  Nope .......... Stormy.. :w00t: :clapping:  just kiddin stormy.....

Heard those peas were to be tied in a sac and thrown to the Kings on a #1 Owner!  ;D :rotflol:

griz104

« Reply #3998 on: Sep 09, 2011, 05:24 PM »
  it's just common sense I thought...if don't get out of the way of a train..your dead. Aren't you?..... my mommy taught me that when I was like 6 years old..

Hey Griz take the screws out of the clutch plate, then flip it and re screw it.

That's it!! I knew it was something really easy but had forgotten..Thanks..I must have lent it to someone and never changed it back.. They were hitting fish like crazy at the town pool this afternoon..

starcraft8

« Reply #3999 on: Sep 09, 2011, 06:39 PM »
   speaking of the martin 72 was wondering if anyone knows of someone willing to sell me one looking for older models not one of the newer one.

NYSporty

« Reply #4000 on: Sep 09, 2011, 06:48 PM »
We go through the same thing striper fishing in Hudson fish the tracks get a ticket I budget it in.
I have seen, well I'd call it coleslaw because it has red in it first hand not fun 83 ziplock bags is not where I want to lay to rest.
let the dust settle and you'll be fine or go now and get one.

reeleyz

« Reply #4001 on: Sep 09, 2011, 08:05 PM »
These threads make the oneida lake ones look tiny! Sorting through all the info trying to figure out this salmon thing is proving time consuming, Ive spent a week reading and I still dont know if I need a fly rod or a spinning rod! folks have a place in redfield and I heard theres lots of trout out there just not sure where to start. I finally start doin some damage on the lake and now Im already tryin somethin new haha. If anybody has any help or a place to point me in the right direction for some info let me know! Went to gander today but didnt see much, guess I need to head up to bass pro

Gators - I think your best bet would be to go to the river and watch. See what it's all about. Some guys hook up a lot, those are the ones you want to pay attention too. As far as catching salmon, some bite in the river but a lot of them get force fed.  ;D

shantysitter

« Reply #4002 on: Sep 09, 2011, 09:43 PM »
   speaking of the martin 72 was wondering if anyone knows of someone willing to sell me one looking for older models not one of the newer one.
Good call on not wanting the newer model. GARBAGE

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #4003 on: Sep 09, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Good call on not wanting the newer model. GARBAGE

Yup drags lasts about 10 kings. Look into a pfluger trion. Has a sealed gear drag. I got sick of buying 2 margins a yr and love it. Broke the handle off my good 72. Can't get parts for it anymore

hunterdeneugene

« Reply #4004 on: Sep 09, 2011, 10:02 PM »
I have a St Croix premier 9ft 8wt with a Okuma SLV.  Line it with 10 lb test Maxima Chameleon mono.  I have been using this reel for I think 5 seasons now and I have been waiting for this Okuma to chit the bed and it keeps right on going.  It is a great reel for the money.  I have a new Redington to try out when I come back up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.