FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084224 times)

hunterdeneugene

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4020 on: Sep 10, 2011, 12:45 PM »
I just can't believe that anyone....I mean anyone would line a fish in the DSR..... ::)  I agree with Snagger.  Lighten up and have fun. 

gatorsin09

« Reply #4021 on: Sep 10, 2011, 12:49 PM »
Drove all the way out to bass pro to get some gear and bought nothing! Wanted a fly setup but didnt realize I was going to need one setup for salmon/steelhead and another for the brook trout around redfield. Figred Id be able to just grab a sep rod for the small fish but nope. Had no desire to by 2 setups. Considered getting a 9 foot ugly stick to put on a spinning reel but I still have no idea whats going on. bottom bouncing,floating.egg sacs,spinners,plugs, even read to use planer boards. Ive never had a soul to teach me jack about fishing/hunting since I was a kid so ive always relied on reading but im still lost. I love the walleye fishing this year and finally got good at it, honestly just wanted to catch some bigger fish and have a new outdoor hobby for late fall. Ah well back to the lake it is!

fishingjason

« Reply #4022 on: Sep 10, 2011, 02:58 PM »
Fishing forums already are segregated- We are on one side of the tracks.
Listen for the sounds of the fish car. See you at the Kangaroo Court.

bcons

« Reply #4023 on: Sep 10, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Na. Some people just see things differently.  right and wrong. black and white.   maybe that's the way you do things where you live.   admitting your comment was just a bit off the mark  ::) and misleading  Im sure won't happen so you attack the guy who's for doing the RIGHT THING.

maybe they should segregate fishing forums into  reality and fantasy sections then people can go where they like to get the info they need.    Honest facts and info in reality and opinions, assumptions and dumb comments in fantasy land !
 As johnny cash would sing...
  I hear the train a comin.  it's rolling round the bend. hey bubba looky here, it's gonna run down those fishermen     Yee haw   ::) :D

Uhhhhh where he lives is the Salmon River.........   
They already have been, the "fantasy" crowd is having a BBQ right about now in town, while some woman is video taping "her hole" to try to catch people fishing it.   ::) ::) ::) ::)  JMHO but you might have a better time with that crowd.  ::) ::)
Good luck to you! Most of us wish people well in whatever they chose to do, you & others like you apparently chose to degrade everyone who doesn't fit your mold.  Are you all that insecure, or in need of self assurance?   If so they offer counseling & Dr.s can perscribe meds to help with that.  Or maybe just get a "bigger rod" to help compensate for feelings of inadequacy.
Have a nice day  :-*

I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

bcons

« Reply #4024 on: Sep 10, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Uhhhhh where he lives is the Salmon River.........   
They already have been, the "fantasy" crowd is having a BBQ right about now in town, while some woman is video taping "her hole" to try to catch people fishing it.   ::) ::) ::) ::)  JMHO but you might have a better time with that crowd.  ::) ::)
Good luck to you! Most of us wish people well in whatever they chose to do, you & others like you apparently chose to degrade everyone who doesn't fit your mold.  Are you all that insecure, or in need of self assurance?   If so they offer counseling & Dr.s can perscribe meds to help with that.  Or maybe just get a "bigger rod" to help compensate for feelings of inadequacy.
Have a nice day  :-*

I'll even give you a hand in treatment, when seeking medical help ask if a Benzodiazepine type of med would help lesson the symptoms.  Again good luck & hope ya get lots of Salmon.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

dmntd169

« Reply #4025 on: Sep 10, 2011, 04:18 PM »
Ain't that the real truth right there. Have fun and stop looking at what the guy next to you is doing unless he's trying to cross the river at a dangerous point or flow. Then give him/her a heads up and or lend a hand if need be! I met more real nice people than aholes.......... but there are plenty of aholes out there too! If you ignore them you won't have to kick their arse.

early in the season i found that to be the case more often than not. Guys going out of their way to help another guy out if they asked for it, letting ya know what baits, flies, are hot, where in the run to try to cast if you're not hoking up, ect. A few weeks from now in the heart of the run I've found it just the opposite and thats why I try to avoid going up in early/ mid October when it seems like their is a much higher concentration of people on the river who only care about themselves and putting their 3 zombies on a rope and screw everyone else  :-\
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

deervalley27

« Reply #4026 on: Sep 10, 2011, 04:30 PM »
 The other day I was fishing without waders and got a big estez fly hooked in my socks...couldn't get it out so fished with it in my sock all day..every time I started wading out into the runs I almost got my ankle chewed off by those hungry male kings...it was dangerous..I knew I shouldn't have walked down into the dsr. :w00t: :clapping:

Seriously lifes way to short to be worrying about what the next guy to you is doing..go enjoy yourself man...salmon fishin is fun, don't make it out to be more than what it is....

hey solarpod lighten up man..or are you just looking for arguements?

Seriously lifes way to short to be worrying about what the next guy to you is doing..go enjoy yourself man...salmon fishin is fun, don't make it out to be more than what it is....

Super statement..... could'nt of said it better myself.  I have lived the SALMON RIVER SNAG FEST  (ok mouth snag) for 21 years.... come on guys this is Pulaski NY  ...not Nova Scotia or New Buunswick   This is a fun fishery

bcons

« Reply #4027 on: Sep 10, 2011, 04:30 PM »
early in the season i found that to be the case more often than not. Guys going out of their way to help another guy out if they asked for it, letting ya know what baits, flies, are hot, where in the run to try to cast if you're not hoking up, ect. A few weeks from now in the heart of the run I've found it just the opposite and thats why I try to avoid going up in early/ mid October when it seems like their is a much higher concentration of people on the river who only care about themselves and putting their 3 zombies on a rope and screw everyone else  :-\

Your comment is about as useful, as ASSuming all who venture into a flyfishing area are pretentious wealthy idiots.   It takes all types, but some decent guys fish the river during that time.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4028 on: Sep 10, 2011, 04:35 PM »

Heres some 6 year olds I walked down those railroad tracks on Labor day of 2009  This pic is at the papermill pool..... I would hope that grown adults would know enough to get out of the way of a train...these kids do.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishhooker

« Reply #4029 on: Sep 10, 2011, 04:44 PM »
Salmon see to bring the best and worst out of everyone...
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

lehigh vally

« Reply #4030 on: Sep 10, 2011, 05:03 PM »

Heres some 6 year olds I walked down those railroad tracks on Labor day of 2009  This pic is at the papermill pool..... I would hope that grown adults would know enough to get out of the way of a train...these kids do.

I remember that day Snagger, Anthony landed a nice co-ho   ;)

deervalley27

« Reply #4031 on: Sep 10, 2011, 05:06 PM »

Heres some 6 year olds I walked down those railroad tracks on Labor day of 2009  This pic is at the papermill pool..... I would hope that grown adults would know enough to get out of the way of a train...these kids do.

this is what its all about............

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #4032 on: Sep 10, 2011, 05:13 PM »
Fishing Report. It was Slow today in town where we were fishing. DD,Adam and esoxv seen a few cochos blow by HT and I didn't any low but they had to come by...lol.. So we moved on a hunch  ;). Fished some new water that I haven't fished for salmon seen and 20+ busting up for the Morning. Not a blitz but fun to say the least. I hooked 3 landed 1.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

dmntd169

« Reply #4033 on: Sep 10, 2011, 05:37 PM »
Your comment is about as useful, as ASSuming all who venture into a flyfishing area are pretentious wealthy idiots.   It takes all types, but some decent guys fish the river during that time.

you mean they aren't  ::) ::)    I never said everyone up there at that time are jerks, just seems like there is a higher concentration of jerks then there is early on in the run...I can't remember ever having guys try to snag the fish I was fighting in early Sept cuz "theres no way I could land it on light line"  ::)
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

92Xer

« Reply #4034 on: Sep 10, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Hi all, new to the forum...I saw alot of action this morning going on in the Trestle pool. Along with shoulder to shoulder people as it got later.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.