FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084112 times)

P.B.R

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4050 on: Sep 10, 2011, 08:06 PM »
  I been doing well in the rollers and tailouts, but been in a funk fishing the belly of the pools this year..                  Ive been doing this long enough were i feel like i could hook fish with a paper clip but every year at this time i try and bring every S@#t hook i have gathered over the years and i can clearly tell the difference.I know there pricey but i love using Gamakatsu #2s.I have about every hook out there in my box but if im having alot of on and off hookups and rolling alot of fish ill throw one of them on and change the whole day.Also like the mustad #7970's just wish the eye was flat or turned out. No excuses for me not landing fish but i have to place some blame on that tree across from the launch,there must be a sign underwater at the town pool telling kings that tree is ahead because the only fish i had go downstream was a ho.

P.B.R

« Reply #4051 on: Sep 10, 2011, 08:09 PM »
  I been doing well in the rollers and tailouts, but been in a funk fishing the belly of the pools this year..                  Ive been doing this long enough were i feel like i could hook fish with a paper clip but every year at this time i try and bring every S@#t hook i have gathered over the years and i can clearly tell the difference.I know there pricey but i love using Gamakatsu #2s.I have about every hook out there in my box but if im having alot of on and off hookups and rolling alot of fish ill throw one of them on and change the whole day.Also like the mustad #7970's just wish the eye was flat or turned out. No excuses for me not landing fish but i have to place some blame on that tree across from the launch,there must be a sign underwater at the town pool telling kings that tree is ahead because the only fish i had go downstream was a ho.
   Sorry i rolled my post into snaggers(into the vodka tonite)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #4052 on: Sep 10, 2011, 08:16 PM »

here's my report for the day . IT WAS AWESOME !!!!  the fishin was slow but the company was great , fished with HT , Esox , SCG , Adam 2000 , got to meet Bcons and northwoods . i went 1 for 3 but the one was memorable .

we were leaving the hole where SCG got his fish and on the way out he starts yelling DrowndinDots right in front of you in 6 inches of water ! I'm lookin around like  ??? then i see it . I'm in shock cant belive my luck ! he takes my fly immediately makes a 80 yard run lines just roostertailin thru the hole man jumps 2 times then starts bulldoggin me up and down the hole for 20 Min's , i had to cross with frank to get him . PRICELESS  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D sometimes you don't have to be on fish all day long to have fun thanks guys  :bowdown: :bowdown:

finished the day off in altmar after spendin some time at snaggers place good to see ya bro , man that dude can clean a salmon well and he has some good people there who give honest reports , a true rarity up there this time of year i strongly recommend stoppin by to have you're fish cleaned and just listenin to the boys , if ya cant learn nuttin there you must be a solar PUD  :P

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #4053 on: Sep 10, 2011, 08:26 PM »
      here's my report for the day . IT WAS AWESOME !!!!  the fishin was slow but the company was great , fished with HT , Esox , SCG , Adam 2000 , got to meet Bcons and northwoods . i went 1 for 3 but the one was memorable .

we were leaving the hole where SCG got his fish and on the way out he starts yelling DrowndinDots right in front of you in 6 inches of water ! I'm lookin around like  ??? then i see it . I'm in shock cant belive my luck ! he takes my fly immediately makes a 80 yard run lines just roostertailin thru the hole man jumps 2 times then starts bulldoggin me up and down the hole for 20 Min's , i had to cross with frank to get him . PRICELESS  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D sometimes you don't have to be on fish all day long to have fun thanks guys  :bowdown: :bowdown:

finished the day off in altmar after spendin some time at snaggers place good to see ya bro , man that dude can clean a salmon well and he has some good people there who give honest reports , a true rarity up there this time of year i strongly recommend stoppin by to have you're fish cleaned and just listenin to the boys , if ya cant learn nuttin there you must be a solar PUD  :P
i watched it happen from the side lines ............priceless to say the least. great job DD ;)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #4054 on: Sep 10, 2011, 08:29 PM »

Thanx bro wish you coulda hung around longer we gotta do it again soon  ;)

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #4055 on: Sep 10, 2011, 08:32 PM »

Thanx bro wish you coulda hung around longer we gotta do it again soon  ;)
OH YA SOON. BRING YOUR BUDDY UP FOR THE CREEK HOP ;)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4056 on: Sep 10, 2011, 09:06 PM »

Thanx bro wish you coulda hung around longer we gotta do it again soon  ;)
 Nice seeing you today DD and the rest of the guys..nice meeting your buddy..

I'll say it again..I was amazed how well the guys did today at our end of the River
            I underestimated this run, usually at our end this early they spread pretty thin
   and hook ups go way down compared to Pulaski, not the case today, everybody hit fish pretty good
      had to open the fillet station early, it was a steady day of fish cleaning more like late september
    great weather too for working outdoors... forgot to take pic's, but heres one LV took last weekend.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishingjason

« Reply #4057 on: Sep 10, 2011, 09:22 PM »
It looks like everyone on and around the river had a good time today. Nice reports from everyone.
Snagger- why do you suppose the fish continued to Altmar in tighter than average pods?

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4058 on: Sep 10, 2011, 09:25 PM »
It looks like everyone on and around the river had a good time today. Nice reports from everyone.
Snagger- why do you suppose the fish continued to Altmar in tighter than average pods?

Who knows!!!   I had guys at the town rapids hit good fish tonight before dark too, so still groups down there also. just a great run..can't wait for the coho run late wednesday-thursday.. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishhooker

« Reply #4059 on: Sep 10, 2011, 09:38 PM »
Tough economy I think, forces families to stay together.  ;D
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

lehigh vally

« Reply #4060 on: Sep 11, 2011, 08:09 AM »
 Nice seeing you today DD and the rest of the guys..nice meeting your buddy..

I'll say it again..I was amazed how well the guys did today at our end of the River
            I underestimated this run, usually at our end this early they spread pretty thin
   and hook ups go way down compared to Pulaski, not the case today, everybody hit fish pretty good
      had to open the fillet station early, it was a steady day of fish cleaning more like late september
    great weather too for working outdoors... forgot to take pic's, but heres one LV took last weekend.

Snagger don't forget to give Jeff the CD i burned for him...your box is full!!

kowboy

« Reply #4061 on: Sep 11, 2011, 09:05 AM »
Today more then everyother day im remembering my fellow brothers and sisters who have given there lives for me and this great country. Im remembering those that sacrificed there lives in the name of freedom on this day. The sacrifice uv made is the greatest of sacrifices, know ul not b forgotten. For my fellow brothers and sisters now serving i thank u, As i get ready to go fishing i already know its agreat day, Thank U

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #4062 on: Sep 11, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Am report. I tried to find the pod of Cohos that came in late last eveing. I fished all over today there are still fish in the treasle pool. 2A and below was a few fish but nothing moving all fish where pooled up and not moving. I couldn't hit a fish today. I didn't go back to where we fished yesterday. I walked from the treasle pool up to the bovines and didn't see a fish.

SCG
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

esox v

« Reply #4063 on: Sep 11, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Am report. I tried to find the pod of Cohos that came in late last evening. I fished all over today there are still fish in the treasle pool. 2A and below was a few fish but nothing moving all fish where pooled up and not moving. I couldn't hit a fish today. I didn't go back to where we fished yesterday. I walked from the treasle pool up to the bovines and didn't see a fish.

SCG

Alright.... Let me just say this.... I have heard about every day from someone in the DSR that coho's were moving up every day for the last week..... Well..... THEY ARE FULL OF CRAP.... I have yet to see a coho... Plenty of small kings though !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #4064 on: Sep 11, 2011, 10:53 AM »
 We had a Marathon Day Yesterday !! The fish we found after the long walk were really moving fast ... some were not dark at all and almost looked blue in the water. Hate to say it but I need to get a new reel !! I cleaned my 72 out SPOT LESS after the episode before.... thing works great till you increase the drag tension then you can't reel at all !! Going to have to pick something up before my next adventure... I went 0 for 3....

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.