FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084143 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4185 on: Sep 13, 2011, 08:15 PM »

Weather Update:

3 seperate thunderstorms rolled through our area since 5pm...hardly any rain here in Altmar..but just to our north from Pulaski...Richland..Orwell to Tug hill got hit descent multiple times...good winds with the first one and tons of lightning with the one that just went by...it will be interesting to see if there was enough rains to raise the creeks at all, it's hard to tell being it didn't rain here...300 yards away it was coming down in sheets....

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

wiredstone

« Reply #4186 on: Sep 13, 2011, 08:35 PM »
Caddis and I are making a red eye run Friday.   :w00t:
wooo fish on. Never mind

lpv89

« Reply #4187 on: Sep 13, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Hoping this cold weather brings in some fish... planing on a suicide run on saturday...

so keep your fingers crossed. even though iwill be dumb and centerpinning still because thats the only way i like to fish
Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

SNAGGER

« Reply #4188 on: Sep 14, 2011, 08:39 AM »

All the talk about the trestle reminded me of what a friend who lives in alaska said to me....

Just too put things into perspective...russian river snaggers in alaska.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQyAxUjUb68
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #4189 on: Sep 14, 2011, 08:46 AM »

All the talk about the trestle reminded me of what a friend who lives in alaska said to me....

Just too put things into perspective...russian river snaggers in alaska.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQyAxUjUb68
that had nuttin on the tress saturday snag , at one point i saw 5 fish on ..... at least 30 guys per side and a few in the middle , probably at least half thatdown by the corner . nutz :o

griz104

« Reply #4190 on: Sep 14, 2011, 08:47 AM »
I am wondering if anyone can confirm that the North side of the Sportsman hole has been posted with No trespassing signs?? I have now heard from a couple guys that it has been...

SNAGGER

« Reply #4191 on: Sep 14, 2011, 08:59 AM »
    Update:

Well I checked the gauges and none of the creeks rose..combine that with no east winds and I'd say the coho's are going to Bleed into the River over the next 3 days instead of one main run...actually not a bad thing for guys who only get time off on weekends, they won't miss another weekday run again like the last couple of weeks... Temperature drops weren't as drastic as predicted either....coho's move fast..so don't just go by the DSR report.. I would think pockets will be spread out in Pulaski by tomorrow...good luck if you go hunting!!!  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

hunterdeneugene

« Reply #4192 on: Sep 14, 2011, 09:04 AM »
I am wondering if anyone can confirm that the North side of the Sportsman hole has been posted with No trespassing signs?? I have now heard from a couple guys that it has been...

I don't know how it could be.  Isn't there a state designated trail and access that comes in over there?

SNAGGER

« Reply #4193 on: Sep 14, 2011, 09:11 AM »
that had nuttin on the tress saturday snag , at one point i saw 5 fish on ..... at least 30 guys per side and a few in the middle , probably at least half thatdown by the corner . nutz :o

Oh I know all about the Trestle..I used to be a regular there when I could run a big leader and outfish everyone 30 to 1, but without a big leader in slow water=not many mouth hook ups ...........so I haven't fished there since 2004..it's a true snaggers hole now, used to be a fun place with the big leaders, i guess we were hooking too many in the mouth, so they shortened the leader law, now they can write away on the guys...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #4194 on: Sep 14, 2011, 09:12 AM »
I don't know how it could be.  Isn't there a state designated trail and access that comes in over there?
 My buddy owns to half way out in the sportsmans, but his land isn't posted.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

lehigh vally

« Reply #4195 on: Sep 14, 2011, 09:40 AM »
   Update:

Well I checked the gauges and none of the creeks rose..combine that with no east winds and I'd say the coho's are going to bleed into the River over the next 3 days instead of one main run...actually not a bad thing for guys who only get time off on weekends, they won't miss another weekday run again like the last couple of weeks... Temperature drops weren't as drastic as predicted either....coho's move fast..so don't just go by the DSR report.. I would think pockets will be spread out in Pulaski by tomorrow...good luck if you go hunting!!!  ;D
  BINGO!!!

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #4196 on: Sep 14, 2011, 09:50 AM »
Lake was rough this morning. Got 3 rods set and called it. Good 3 footers with some monster 5-8 rollers

fishingjason

« Reply #4197 on: Sep 14, 2011, 10:22 AM »
I forgot to mention last night that there were a decent amount of Cohos in the hatchery yesterday evening. Some big browns too. I didnt see the 20lb steelhead that has been there for a while.

SNAGGER

« Reply #4198 on: Sep 14, 2011, 10:26 AM »

New developement in the weather.. a storm has formed in missouri along last nights front..stalling it out...could get some rain tomorrow now...

This straight from channel 3 Wayne Mahar:

Rain
Hi 56° | Low 43°
During Thursday morning and midday, the words "yuck" or "raw" might come to mind, especially when you compare it to Tuesday's 86° high. Rain Thursday morning may continue to about midday before ending. Clouds will try and depart fast enough to give way to some mid to late afternoon breaks of sunshine. Temperatures start around 54° around sunrise. Readings may drop to around 49-50° late morning before recovering to 55-60° late in the afternoon. Wind: NW 10-20 MPH.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4199 on: Sep 14, 2011, 10:34 AM »

New developement in the weather.. a storm has formed in missouri along last nights front..stalling it out...could get some rain tomorrow now...

This straight from channel 3 Wayne Mahar:

Rain
Hi 56° | Low 43°
During Thursday morning and midday, the words "yuck" or "raw" might come to mind, especially when you compare it to Tuesday's 86° high. Rain Thursday morning may continue to about midday before ending. Clouds will try and depart fast enough to give way to some mid to late afternoon breaks of sunshine. Temperatures start around 54° around sunrise. Readings may drop to around 49-50° late morning before recovering to 55-60° late in the afternoon. Wind: NW 10-20 MPH.

Yup ... Going to be a lovely couple days.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.