FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084095 times)

Smells Like Fish NH

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4260 on: Sep 16, 2011, 07:46 PM »

Nothing conflicting here ..I got guys at staircase...lower black and Dsr.. there saying the same thing...slow.

Just a quick report...just got home and after driving 6hrs. We hit them HARD on the DSR at the little black hole. We must of had 30 hookups between the 3 of us....for us that's HARD. 1 12lb brown. 2 big Kings, and 1 cocho hit the shore. Also 1 small steelie. Other guys fishing the same hole hit them hard as well. From 7am-noon must of been 50+ hookups between 7 or 8 guys and 10 fish landed.

Some Pix:

The only fish I touched of any size all week...and Markie caught it....I just couldn't land any.

-Scott
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4261 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:12 PM »

Just cleaned this "Bomb"  it weighed in at 32.8lbs on my certified scale...a nice man by the name of Erney caught it in the port this evening......nice meeting you Erney...great fish...probably will be the biggest one I clean this season....

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4262 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:14 PM »
 Just cleaned this "Bomb"  it weighed in at 32.8lbs on my certified scale...a nice man by the name of Erney caught it in the port this evening......nice meeting you Erney...great fish...probably will be the biggest one I clean this season....

WOW what a pig!!!!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4263 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:16 PM »
WOW what a pig!!!!

Nice going today Scott!!!!!  Too bad you had to pay too do it..we used to fish there every day up til 3 years ago.....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4264 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:32 PM »
 Nice going today Scott!!!!!  Too bad you had to pay too do it..we used to fish there every day up til 3 years ago.....

Thanks Shane, we went with their guide named Rocky....was a GREAT guy...really enjoyed fishing with him. We had a little rough start due to miscommunication, but it turned out great. We had so many fishing jumping I was absolutely amazed!! Almost every hookup we had, the fish thought they were on the chinese gymnastics team! Awesome jumping by these fish.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #4265 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:41 PM »
i was gonna say the same thing shane  :'(

fishingjason

« Reply #4266 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Nice pictures!

My friend and I fished low for the most part today. We started out with a few hookups then it slowed to every now and then. We jumped around a bit trying to intercept the elusive Cohos and finding fish that moved in last night. All in all it was a nice day.The afternoon did produce more Coho hookups than Kings on average.
We went up to the Lower Fly Zone for a short period of time. There were a number of guys fly fishing with a bunch of weight just barely making the fly get through the current. The fish were pushed to the back of the pool in fear. This made for a short period of fun with medium sink tip line. I usually don't fish there during salmon season so I was surprised to see it was nothing but glow bugs split shot but running floating line.
Through out the river, the majority of the vehicles were out of state so like Snagger said, hopefully these guys get a good run for there vacation.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #4267 on: Sep 16, 2011, 09:10 PM »
Glad you guys got into a few fish Scott! The more ya go the better/more experienced you get and the more addicting it becomes!!! ;D ;)

Are ya headed back at all this fall?

Thanks for posting Ernie's Salmon Shane.... Nice Fish!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4268 on: Sep 16, 2011, 09:25 PM »
Glad you guys got into a few fish Scott! The more ya go the better/more experienced you get and the more addicting it becomes!!! ;D ;)

Are ya headed back at all this fall?

Thanks for posting Ernie's Salmon Shane.... Nice Fish!

In November Keith for Steelies....you are welcome to join us...the baby should be self sufficient by then ;-)

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #4269 on: Sep 16, 2011, 09:30 PM »
In November Keith for Steelies....you are welcome to join us...the baby should be self sufficient by then ;-)

Nice meeting you scott.  Sorry the lake didn't work out

lehigh vally

« Reply #4270 on: Sep 16, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Fished the lower end this morning, went 0 for 13 one steelhead the rest kings lost them all, guess we still got a little rust to get out...made up for it in the afternoon...landed a nice 12lb steelhead!!     :rotflol:

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4271 on: Sep 16, 2011, 09:51 PM »
Nice meeting you scott.  Sorry the lake didn't work out

Pleasure was all mine Adam!! Maybe in the spring you can take me out trolling for some big Brown's I need one for my wall!! Maybe I'll see you in November for steelies.

-Scott

adam2000

« Reply #4272 on: Sep 16, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Nice fish rob. Bad hat you have been hanging out with shane to much. I like the seal one better

adam2000

« Reply #4273 on: Sep 16, 2011, 10:06 PM »
Pleasure was all mine Adam!! Maybe in the spring you can take me out trolling for some big Brown's I need one for my wall!! Maybe I'll see you in November for steelies.

-Scott
better get your sea legs.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

FreezinGator

« Reply #4274 on: Sep 16, 2011, 10:19 PM »
Wow - Nice fish LV  ;D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  - Ben Franklin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.