FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084366 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4290 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:24 AM »

Nice Job Kevin!!!!!! :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4291 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:33 AM »
Douglaston Salmon Run.....Oh my god!

SNAGGER

« Reply #4292 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:38 AM »
Douglaston Salmon Run.....Oh my god!

We'll seee...first they said slow ,.. now every cast...hey I thought they fished for them down there?  :blink: ..hypocrits!!! ...biters on every cast?  :blink:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4293 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:44 AM »
  We'll seee...first they said slow ,.. now every cast...hey I thought they fished for them down there?  :blink: ..hypocrits!!! ...biters on every cast?  :blink:

This Jason guy is working the Facebook huh ? Pics look like they are way low ...Spring hole maybe .... Always the same goofy guy in the pics

SNAGGER

« Reply #4294 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:51 AM »
This Jason guy is working the Facebook huh ? Pics look like they are way low ...Spring hole maybe .... Always the same goofy guy in the pics

Well he has an incentive to fill his lot, that's his job..can't blame him for that...just take the reports as what they are..You or me have no incentive til stretch the truth, i'm not a guide .... your not..if it sucks I say it sucks, if were hooking 60, you better believe it, got no reason to lie.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

wiredstone

« Reply #4295 on: Sep 17, 2011, 10:22 AM »
There should be allot of fish coming up . Saw big pods all over port last night. They are line shy though. Most guys in port where using 12# and not hooking any. I had 6# and had hits every cast. That Salmon swalowed my hook . Wish I was there today.
wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

« Reply #4296 on: Sep 17, 2011, 10:53 AM »

Heres my scale for that fish yesterday..

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

floatfisher

« Reply #4297 on: Sep 17, 2011, 11:14 AM »
been getting the same updates from down low from 2 other guides who im very good friends with.... dumb. last text i got was 6 guys, 5 locked oh god.... been that way all morning.
whats the point, its too hard to keep count lol if you wanna know, just ask.

SNAGGER

« Reply #4298 on: Sep 17, 2011, 11:47 AM »
been getting the same updates from down low from 2 other guides who im very good friends with.... dumb. last text i got was 6 guys, 5 locked oh god.... been that way all morning.

Well I hope it's for real today..because they lied like hell yesterday.. I had guys there.. Where did yesterday's fish go?. My whole house hit the lower end today........  LB .......  staircase...... ball park ect''..  a few hook ups but nothing great..alot of walking and working today...even my veterans coudn't do double digits today...We'll see if that big run is in Pulaski this evening or tomorrow...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

floatfisher

« Reply #4299 on: Sep 17, 2011, 12:05 PM »
Call me shane
whats the point, its too hard to keep count lol if you wanna know, just ask.

gatorsin09

« Reply #4300 on: Sep 17, 2011, 12:14 PM »
I know im a newbie but I walked from ball park all the way down to black hole, saw about 4 fish hooked up 2 landed. Figured if I kept walking down id run into a run of fish coming up....never happened. Got In the river at 8 and was walking back at 1230. The one landed near me was a really nice coho,the first big salmon ive seen to be honest so it was exciting. Was thinking about going to the dsr this morning but decided to wait and spend the money when I know that it will be full. Got acclimated around everything so wasnt all a loss, cant wait to the fish come I have almost every morning off to go up!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4301 on: Sep 17, 2011, 12:32 PM »
 Well I hope it's for real today..because they lied like hell yesterday.. I had guys there.. Where did yesterday's fish go?. My whole house hit the lower end today........  LB .......  staircase...... ball park ect''..  a few hook ups but nothing great..alot of walking and working today...even my veterans coudn't do double digits today...We'll see if that big run is in Pulaski this evening or tomorrow...

Well Shane, you know I wasnt lying and we saw 100's of fish, I dont know where they went after they went by us on the DSR...but we saw pods swimming by, fish jumping, tons of hookups, etc....so they were there....

I will say this about the DSR...im getting their Twitter and Facebook updates on my phone...all week long they kept saying, slow, no fish, nothing happening, etc....so from what I could tell they were being very honest. Yesterday they said that the fish were moving and pods coming through and we got into more fish than we saw all week.  I dont know those guys from anyone else...but from what I could tell they were being honest.

-Scott
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4302 on: Sep 17, 2011, 01:36 PM »
Just got this through Twitter from the DSR:

@douglastonrun: cohos are still coming! one of the best days of cohos i have ever seen.!!!!!!!!!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #4303 on: Sep 17, 2011, 02:15 PM »
There should be allot of fish coming up . Saw big pods all over port last night. They are line shy though. Most guys in port where using 12# and not hooking any. I had 6# and had hits every cast. That Salmon swalowed my hook . Wish I was there today.

Nice fish!  Get that on skein?

SNAGGER

« Reply #4304 on: Sep 17, 2011, 02:25 PM »
Well Shane, you know I wasnt lying and we saw 100's of fish, I dont know where they went after they went by us on the DSR...but we saw pods swimming by, fish jumping, tons of hookups, etc....so they were there....

I will say this about the DSR...im getting their Twitter and Facebook updates on my phone...all week long they kept saying, slow, no fish, nothing happening, etc....so from what I could tell they were being very honest. Yesterday they said that the fish were moving and pods coming through and we got into more fish than we saw all week.  I dont know those guys from anyone else...but from what I could tell they were being honest.

-Scott

Wasn't talking about you Scott...I had some other guys there that said yes there was some fish..not a major run by any means..really not even as good as late August... You guys did well in that pool because you had 60-80 fish swimming around there and not moving.. That's not a run, thats just some fish..that's all I meant, believe me it gets alot better than what you experienced..,.   I'm just saying hopefully today is a REAL run, not just small groups...  I have guys down low right now that say it's picking up compared to earlier...  take care bro!!!

Esox your box has been full the last few days.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.