FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084233 times)

fishgalore

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4470 on: Sep 23, 2011, 04:36 AM »

Here's a good knot for skein fishing..........the bumper. It'll take a while for him to get to it but the video is worth watching IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3y0JjzLQf8

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #4471 on: Sep 23, 2011, 07:08 AM »
i will be up all day sat, look me up you still got my number?
ill probally be up there

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4472 on: Sep 23, 2011, 07:12 AM »
you are more of a "fisherman" than those claiming 50 hookups,,,

just sayinz

Way too much drama and animosity lately here on the site...if people want to tell fish tales, let them, who is to say they arent having that many hookups? I suck at this type of fishing, but I had 10 last week BEFORE THE RUN!!! My Buddy Ryan, who had never done it before had 20...the numbers to me are realistic if you know what you are doing if schlubs like us can do that well.
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

esox v

« Reply #4473 on: Sep 23, 2011, 07:29 AM »
I think you need to go see Dawn at the right in the mouth academy and they will show you the right way to fish the BP
NOW THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

FlyFrogger

« Reply #4474 on: Sep 23, 2011, 07:47 AM »
Wow thats weird......... seven of us were at the ballpark from an hour this morning before dark... to 12:30.... NO FISH....I'LL REPEAT THAT.... NO FISH !!!!!!   ok.... 2 tired almost dead hen kings......and maby 3 more fish on  from corner to corner....

I live here.... and I have fished the ball park 21 years.....

gota love these "updates"

you know what I find WEIRD,that you fished here for 21 years and didn't hook fish for 13 hours and didn't move.at some point didn't you think maybe I should go somewhere else or at least move off the same rock.so instead of critisizing other reports try moving next time there is "NO FISH,I REPEAT NO FISH"

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4475 on: Sep 23, 2011, 07:55 AM »

Well I better start looking the salmon over good in the fillet station if everyone is going to start pinning for salmon.those cadmium nickle hooks are hard too see in there sides, they get me every time. almost lost some work days over them 2 years ago... oh and i didn't post that pic to one up anybody yesterday...had 2 good reports come in about the ball park, so i posted it, thats all...  ball parks a big place..from the needle to rt 81 is alot of water, no one can see all of it unless you get in your truck and physically move...great job with the skein Erney, but is watching a float more skilled than bottom bouncing , i personally think float fishing is simple, bottom bouncing takes talent...just my 2 cents .... not starting a war i hope...once again nice job erney..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #4476 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:01 AM »
you know what I find WEIRD,that you fished here for 21 years and didn't hook fish for 13 hours and didn't move.at some point didn't you think maybe I should go somewhere else or at least move off the same rock.so instead of critisizing other reports try moving next time there is "NO FISH,I REPEAT NO FISH"

WOW...somebody made FlyFrogger make an appearance...... :o :o   !!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4477 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:02 AM »
           Well I better start looking the salmon over good in the fillet station if everyone is going to start pinning for salmon.those cadmium nickle hooks are hard too see in there sides, they get me every time. almost lost some work days over them 2 years ago... oh and i didn't post that pic to one up anybody yesterday...had 2 good reports come in about the ball park, so i posted it, thats all...  ball parks a big place..from the needle to rt 81 is alot of water, no one can see all of it unless you get in your truck and physically move...great job with the skein Erney, but is watching a float more skilled than bottom bouncing , i personally think float fishing is simple, bottom bouncing takes talent...just my 2 cents .... not starting a war i hope...once again nice job erney..

Shane, almost up to 6000!!! LOL and I thught I was adicted to this d**n site!!!

Thanks for all your information and help, it really is valuable to those of us who dont live there.

-Scott
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

« Reply #4478 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:09 AM »
Shane, almost up to 6000!!! LOL and I thught I was adicted to this d**n site!!!

Thanks for all your information and help, it really is valuable to those of us who dont live there.

-Scott

I'll continue posting some of what I hear Scott...got to go .......... have a great day man !!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #4479 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:17 AM »
NOW THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE !!

You might lose your pole on that one

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4480 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:24 AM »
  I'll continue posting some of what I hear Scott...got to go .......... have a great day man !!!!

You too! See you next week!

-Scott

SNAGGER

« Reply #4481 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:31 AM »

look what's building!!!  Had some thunderstorms near by yesterday, but didn't get much here...ground is primed from recent light rainfalls for a good one though.. Hopefully we'll start seeing some real rain..the Res. is very low and we need to get some kings moving...

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

deervalley27

« Reply #4482 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:31 AM »

Mr. Frogger....

First of all sorry I did make a mistake (typo),  It was an hour before light to bout 1:00... 6:00 am-1:00pm  so thats was 7 hours not 13 ...and the "report" was for the Ball Park to the Clam shed area... and Actually not criticizing anyone  simply trying to post a HONEST report. And yes this was from "ONE" rock... and from that "one" rock  Not ONE fish can go by without us ACTUALLY SEEING IT... Now maby when the fishing slows down  you run around the river like all the other mental cases LOOKING for the honey hole that simply is'nt there...thats why theres the most traffic in Pulaski 8-10:00 every morning.
All I simlply was doing was trying to give a RARE and HONEST river report for that morning...It wont happen again..because I guess I must be missing all the 30-50 fish hook-ups on each side of me EVERY DAY.. maby this afternoon I'll go to town and get some glasses...
Have a good one my friends

bcons

« Reply #4483 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:34 AM »
Wow thats weird......... seven of us were at the ballpark from an hour this morning before dark... to 12:30.... NO FISH....I'LL REPEAT THAT.... NO FISH !!!!!!   ok.... 2 tired almost dead hen kings......and maby 3 more fish on  from corner to corner....

I live here.... and I have fished the ball park 21 years.....

gota love these "updates"

:rotflol: :unsure: :wacko:   Maybe you'll do better year 22??????  I text other members of this site pics of fish & more details than I post.  Sorry, if you don't want to believe it don't.  No skin of my a$%.  As another post pointed out, you stood in the river with no fish for that long when you live here?  While tourists do it since they're not here  all the time, most of the locals I know, either move, or go home to get other stuff done, & fish another day.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

bcons

« Reply #4484 on: Sep 23, 2011, 08:37 AM »
Mr. Frogger....

First of all sorry I did make a mistake (typo),  It was an hour before light to bout 1:00... 6:00 am-1:00pm  so thats was 7 hours not 13 ...and the "report" was for the Ball Park to the Clam shed area and Actually not criticizing anyone  simply trying to post a HONEST report. And yes this was from "ONE" rock... and from that "one" rock  Not ONE fish can go by without us ACTUALLY SEEING IT... Now maby when the fishing slows down  you run around the river like all the other mental cases LOOKING for the honey hole that simply is'nt there...thats why theres the most traffic in Pulaski 8-10:00 every morning.
All I simlply was doing was trying to give a RARE and HONEST river report for that morning...It wont happen again..because I guess I must be missing all the 30-50 fish hook-ups on each side of me EVERY DAY.. maby this afternoon I'll go to town and get some glasses...
Have a good one my friends

Uhhh did I say BP to Clam? no, I said BP, I try to keep it simple.  I park there, then often walk either up or down.  From now on I'll have to post how many footsteps up or down from the boat ramp would that help?  ::) ::) 
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.