FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084320 times)

ErnyeJSES

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4605 on: Sep 24, 2011, 11:37 AM »
Am I missing something here ? Who The Hell thinks of this crap ?

so the fish get a two week break in may in the LFZ and I think you cant use split shot in the UFZ all summer...not sure when the date start...I dont think it's a terrible idea. Those fish get blasted on.....all day, every day, multiple times a day...I've seen more floaters from the fly zones than almost anywhere.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #4606 on: Sep 24, 2011, 11:46 AM »
so the fish get a two week break in may in the LFZ and I think you cant use split shot in the UFZ all summer...not sure when the date start...I dont think it's a terrible idea. Those fish get blasted on.....all day, every day, multiple times a day...I've seen more floaters from the fly zones than almost anywhere.
that's because its catch and release the fish fight to the death releasing them only feeds gulls

draketrutta

« Reply #4607 on: Sep 24, 2011, 11:55 AM »

no dog in the fight - but those date time frames posted made me LOL

a two week reprieve? why even bother wasting paper to write down crap like that?

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

fishmaster13184

« Reply #4608 on: Sep 24, 2011, 03:33 PM »
I finally had a good day yesterday! It was slow at best in town then tried the paper mill just in time for a nice run of cohos if anyone was there i was the guy  at the back who had a fish on e
very other flip

floatfisher

« Reply #4609 on: Sep 24, 2011, 04:49 PM »
Lower fly closes may 15th
whats the point, its too hard to keep count lol if you wanna know, just ask.

wiredstone

« Reply #4610 on: Sep 24, 2011, 05:41 PM »
Where are the pics ?   ::)
wooo fish on. Never mind

KingPerch

« Reply #4611 on: Sep 24, 2011, 05:59 PM »
WHERE ALL THE SUCKAS AT??  :afro: Been awhile since I posted on this thread, so I wanted to report in. I have not even made it out to fish the river yet!! AND...That's not a lie!! ;D GADAM WORK! :P Good to see you boys are keeping the BS to a mininum and keeping the reports rolling!! ::) I did see quite a few fish hooked up today and a nice little pod of steelies hiding out in one of Jr's honey holes!! ;) FISH ON...YOU GOONS!!--KP 8)

“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4612 on: Sep 24, 2011, 06:09 PM »
DSR just Twittered...

Reporting a slow day, but west winds and the estruary is loaded up....

I hope that means a run of kings......
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #4613 on: Sep 24, 2011, 07:22 PM »
little late on this one sorry fellas,

heck no watching a float doesnt take more skill than bottom bouncing...but it's effective. and i dont mean effective as in your going to hook 50 fish, but you will be able to present your offering to that small percentage of fish that are willing to bite juuuust right....not to mention I've lost 2  hooks in 4 days of fishing...and lost only 1 fish while using 6lb leader. it's like steelheading....except the whole process is messier, and not as much action.

anyway, me and a friend banged another 8 yesterday on skein.

c'mon rain.

Really...i figured a hot king would be a lot harder to land on a cp than a reel with a drag.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4614 on: Sep 24, 2011, 08:12 PM »
DSR just Twittered...

Reporting a slow day, but west winds and the estruary is loaded up....

I hope that means a run of kings......

Saturday September 24th fishing report:

Estuary has been full of kings for quite some time now... theres no weather to trigger them right now, hopefully they'll just move for no reason...Every year theres a run this week coming up, usually triggered by rains...but until then the river is tricky right now..  most of the action is mid to upper river right now..ball park and lower is tough from what I was told, actually closed the station for a couple hours and went scouting around looking for some fish for the guys here, I mean besides the trestle pool... I don't send guys there...
         Some of the veterans here hooked 20+ fish, but most were just happy hooking a half dozen today. Theres not enough kings in the river to support the crowds that showed up today..every lot from the LFZ to ellis was full..three rows in ellis and the shoulder of the road full...It is what it is till the next run arrives, good mix of browns..steel..and coho's I seen today on ropes in my adventures, I hooked 7 coho's in about 2 hours fishing this afternoon... Got to watch Pat Miura cast his spey at pineville..i'm not a flyfisherman, but man is he graceful..great stuff to watch......... good luck if you go boys.....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fisher7450

• If theres a fish in the water I'll fish it
« Reply #4615 on: Sep 24, 2011, 08:23 PM »
question... is it possible to fish the estuary from a canoe with trolling motor? just asking cause i tought it would be great to catch  salmon in the canoe.
A Great Fishermen doesn't need the best equipment.
A Great Fishermen makes the best of what they have.

fishhooker

« Reply #4616 on: Sep 24, 2011, 08:30 PM »
question... is it possible to fish the estuary from a canoe with trolling motor? just asking cause i tought it would be great to catch  salmon in the canoe.

We did it in a two man jon boat. Fun but not ideal. Lost a bunch on anchor ropes, ours and everyone elses...
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

kowboy

« Reply #4617 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:46 PM »
Well had afun day today. Ryan it was good seeing u. The gf got baptised in the river, she should have had her waders on, oh she didnt have any, so went to town and bought her a pair. lol We did fish till noon and no fish but we both had agood time. Snagger nice to c u as well keep the reports coming, im not going to giveup till i leave. Kowboy

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #4618 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:58 PM »
absolutely man ! lots of fun too . make sure you have a bow and stern anchor to hold the boat still  ;)

wiredstone

« Reply #4619 on: Sep 25, 2011, 05:06 AM »
Saturday September 24th fishing report:

Estuary has been full of kings for quite some time now... theres no weather to trigger them right now, hopefully they'll just move for no reason...Every year theres a run this week coming up, usually triggered by rains...but until then the river is tricky right now..  most of the action is mid to upper river right now..ball park and lower is tough from what I was told, actually closed the station for a couple hours and went scouting around looking for some fish for the guys here, I mean besides the trestle pool... I don't send guys there...
         Some of the veterans here hooked 20+ fish, but most were just happy hooking a half dozen today. Theres not enough kings in the river to support the crowds that showed up today..every lot from the LFZ to ellis was full..three rows in ellis and the shoulder of the road full...It is what it is till the next run arrives, good mix of browns..steel..and coho's I seen today on ropes in my adventures, I hooked 7 coho's in about 2 hours fishing this afternoon... Got to watch Pat Miura cast his spey at pineville..i'm not a flyfisherman, but man is he graceful..great stuff to watch......... good luck if you go boys.....

Pat is a good guy too. He took my sons pic when he got the nice rainbow at the Sandies. Great fisherman too. Working on my snow mobile down here. Getting ready for ice. Hope to be up soon. 
wooo fish on. Never mind

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.