FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084246 times)

fishhooker

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4635 on: Sep 25, 2011, 06:04 PM »
LL Bean 8wt - 89.99 for my mudshark setup.  Lifetime warranty, so there's no pressure putting the pressure to a big fish....snap...oh well...go pick up a new one.
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

hunterdeneugene

« Reply #4636 on: Sep 25, 2011, 06:05 PM »
LL bean rods were once made by Loomis (I think)

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #4637 on: Sep 25, 2011, 07:06 PM »
LL bean rods were once made by Loomis (I think)
check this site out  might have a deal your lookin for   www.flyshopcloseouts.com
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #4638 on: Sep 25, 2011, 07:09 PM »
sorry budd they are just tryin to fill the lot.  Dsr . Was slow all morning.  few hook UPS . The guides allways spice it up a bit . That's just how they are . I didn't see 25 fish swim by all day..

The guides are fishing almost to the estuary. Below the meadow. So 2 miles makes a big diffrence

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4639 on: Sep 25, 2011, 07:15 PM »
DEC spotters in kayaks were out in full force in the port/willow hole yesterday....................
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

kevinmaine3

« Reply #4640 on: Sep 25, 2011, 07:16 PM »
LL Bean 8wt - 89.99 for my mudshark setup.  Lifetime warranty, so there's no pressure putting the pressure to a big fish....snap...oh well...go pick up a new one.
Got to love there return policy, I have a 6.6ft 3wt and 6wt 9.6ft beans rod...ive snapped my 6wt twice and got a new one...got a pair of waders ive got to return when I go home for thanksgiving...check out albright rods, they are cheaper as well...
The last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it....

adam2000

« Reply #4641 on: Sep 25, 2011, 07:19 PM »
ok guys....quick.  Same money.....

Sage 990 FLi 2 pc, 9ft 9 wt or a G Loomis Gl 3 4 pc, 10 ft 8 wt. 

Input?  I just don't know about a 4 piece rod.....
well I would want a 10 ft but not a 4 piece.

esox v

« Reply #4642 on: Sep 25, 2011, 07:46 PM »
well I would want a 10 ft but not a 4 piece.
I'm not a big 4 pc fan myself... don't even like a 3 pc much.....
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

adam2000

« Reply #4643 on: Sep 25, 2011, 07:52 PM »
I'm not a big 4 pc fan myself... don't even like a 3 pc much.....
I want a new pin rod just so I don't have to deal with the 3 piece

adam2000

« Reply #4644 on: Sep 25, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Fished down low today with Ht. There was some fish but just holding in the tail. Not much moving down low this morning. We left at 11. I hooked 2 fish worth even saying I did rest were just rolled. I saw the same fish caught 3 times in 20 mins.

lambaste em

• WHERE THE SUCKA'S AT!!
« Reply #4645 on: Sep 25, 2011, 08:11 PM »
Loomis is the best pole i have ever owned,I only have 2 piece ones but there is no substitute, they are the best

NYtrout27

« Reply #4646 on: Sep 25, 2011, 08:27 PM »
I'm headed up tomorrow afternoon to fish the evening and all day tues with my girlfriend.  My goal is to get here on a few fish.  I have only fished the river a couple times.  I'm hoping for a good trip.  It seems like we are timing it about right.
"Nothing grows faster than a fish from when it bites until it gets away."

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4647 on: Sep 25, 2011, 08:35 PM »
Fished down low today with Ht. There was some fish but just holding in the tail. Not much moving down low this morning. We left at 11. I hooked 2 fish worth even saying I did rest were just rolled. I saw the same fish caught 3 times in 20 mins.

Fishing report for Sunday September 25th:

It was tough all over Adam...those coho's from yesterday in Altmar moved up into the lower fly zone and left quite a void in my area...just above the bridge is absolutely jacked with fish...it's sick!!!!   Fish cleaning was slow, so I strung my rod and ran floats and beads from the bridge to the second wires..actually after 1pm everybody left, I only ran into a dozen guys fishing schoolhouse...everything else was just me...but got a big skunk though , no biggie...I tried...cleaned some really nice fish from the Ellis/bovines area and above pineville...Lam bastem em said the town pool was silly with kings..nothing moving, but alot of hook ups...Dave also said the ports full, but not over full... I had guys that did well in a few places, but you had to walk for them and work hard..great weather though, shorts and sneakers for me...................
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bass on

« Reply #4648 on: Sep 25, 2011, 08:37 PM »
i use a cabelas three forks 9' 8wt with a cabelas prestige premier big arbor reel with 10# trilene big game...100$ setup and worked fine last time i was up...

lambaste em

• WHERE THE SUCKA'S AT!!
« Reply #4649 on: Sep 25, 2011, 08:44 PM »
I am very tough on poles and i can not break a loomis,4 piece sucks there is no feel,feel is everything

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.