FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084221 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4680 on: Sep 26, 2011, 08:57 PM »
We got to the ballpark at  quarter to 5 and headed up stream a bite. Not 10 minutes there and my girlfriend got a small steelhead (her first). Then about 40 min later she had a nice coho on. She battled it for a foot 15 min lol. I wish I got a pic of the look on her face when I got it on then net. It was about an 18lb coho. I'll post pics when I am not on my phone. Tomorrow should be a good day.

I'd love to see a coho that big...should have it mounted. ;D  it's a trophy.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4681 on: Sep 26, 2011, 10:12 PM »

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #4682 on: Sep 26, 2011, 10:24 PM »
We got to the ballpark at  quarter to 5 and headed up stream a bite. Not 10 minutes there and my girlfriend got a small steelhead (her first). Then about 40 min later she had a nice coho on. She battled it for a foot 15 min lol. I wish I got a pic of the look on her face when I got it on then net. It was about an 18lb coho. I'll post pics when I am not on my phone. Tomorrow should be a good day.
You got there at 445? You know legal fishing time was 627 today right. Careful they will give you a ticket

Dark Cloud

« Reply #4683 on: Sep 26, 2011, 10:26 PM »
OMG     Check this out ......

Where did ya find that... :whistling: :whistling: ;D
Those guys are downright giddy about that unit with some awesome ideas for the furture. And it has a USB port for upgrades...  8)

We will probably get scolded for going off-topic...   ::)
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4684 on: Sep 26, 2011, 10:31 PM »
Where did ya find that... :whistling: :whistling: ;D
Those guys are downright giddy about that unit with some awesome ideas for the furture. And it has a USB port for upgrades...  8)

We will probably get scolded for going off-topic...   ::)

Only thing missing is GPS and a map port.

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #4685 on: Sep 26, 2011, 10:45 PM »
Love my marcum

the_mad_iceman

• I can't put my arms down!
« Reply #4686 on: Sep 27, 2011, 05:45 AM »
DSR reports "Down on the river and I hear fish moving"

esox v

« Reply #4687 on: Sep 27, 2011, 06:47 AM »
DSR reports "Down on the river and I hear fish moving"
Why do you torture yourself at work !! ;D ;D
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

P.B.R

« Reply #4688 on: Sep 27, 2011, 07:19 AM »
You know me Dave I am an avid Loomis guy. I can feel bait fish bite my flie. No dought the best noodle rod I have ever owned. :thumbup_smilie:
        Im with you wiredstone i beat the snot out of rods so about six years ago or more a Loomis rep. talked me into a 10ft GL2  6-10pound and told me i never would want another rod and if i didnt like it to bring it back.I cant put the thing down,it is an absolute animal! I run Maxima 12 ultragreen and i can feel fish like there ringing a doorbell,when Kings are runnin thick and theres tons of people ill even run 14pound T-Line and can pull a 25 pound fish around like its on a dog leash.

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #4689 on: Sep 27, 2011, 07:44 AM »
Recent photo by Kevin Davis of CatchtheDrift on the Oswego River.  Caption reads "they do bite"

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4690 on: Sep 27, 2011, 08:55 AM »
OMG     Check this out ......

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarcumTube#p/u/10/1NR5l3uDeTk

besides knowing how wide the cone angle coverage is....my lowarance already has all the other stuff and more...looks like everyone is copying lowrance............it's gonna need alot of battery to power it...

good luck this year Stormy...your gonna need it!!!! :w00t:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #4691 on: Sep 27, 2011, 09:44 AM »
Recent photo by Kevin Davis of CatchtheDrift on the Oswego River.  Caption reads "they do bite"

its true he floats skein and run plugs up by the power house in oswego
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #4692 on: Sep 27, 2011, 09:47 AM »
 besides knowing how wide the cone angle coverage is....my lowarance already has all the other stuff and more...looks like everyone is copying lowrance............it's gonna need alot of battery to power it...

im gettin the lorance this year , that chartplotter is just cool . i wanna be like you and stumble around stareing at my map  :D i need all the help i can get ........

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4693 on: Sep 27, 2011, 09:51 AM »

As long as you stop getting me into fights on the ice ....I will do fine .  8)  A roll of caution tape and Posted signs this year for sure......  HA HA HA

parknplay

« Reply #4694 on: Sep 27, 2011, 10:34 AM »
Why are you guys talking ice fishing on the salmon river thread?? The last time the river froze is.............uh..........never! Have you guys ever tried calling each other or do you consider this site as a party line??? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.