FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084229 times)

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4755 on: Sep 27, 2011, 08:42 PM »
I don't need the zoom .... I just need to know they are close and feel the bite... I'll teach ya Jr.... 8)

yeah sure , i only seen 3 eyes come out of your bucket in all the times we went

dmntd169

« Reply #4756 on: Sep 27, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Still raining light here .... Flash floods all over again ..Nothing to bad though.  It absolutely unloaded on us for about 45 mins ... crazy rain .  

I hadda drive through a creek flowing over 1 of the back roads on the way home tonight...you guys need the rain up there, I wouldn't mind if I don't see another drop down here till spring
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Dark Cloud

« Reply #4757 on: Sep 27, 2011, 08:57 PM »
I don't need the zoom .... I just need to know they are close and feel the bite... I'll teach ya Jr.... 8)

I have a lx3 and 5 and hardly use the zoom either. I dont like to get tunnel visioned into the bottom. Even with typically bottom oriented fish like perch and eyes - I catch alot of them way up high...

One cool feature of the new lx7 is the Dynamic Depth feature. Basically if your in flasher mode it adjusts itself to set the bottom so your useing the whole dial. IE - your in 11 ft of water in the 20ft scale, normally you would only utilize about half the dial. Now it gets stretched out to the whole dial - which will maximize resolution and target seperation.  8) Someone was thinking...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

draketrutta

« Reply #4758 on: Sep 27, 2011, 09:03 PM »
I hadda drive through a creek flowing over 1 of the back roads on the way home tonight...you guys need the rain up there, I wouldn't mind if I don't see another drop down here till spring

x20 from NEPA

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4759 on: Sep 27, 2011, 09:10 PM »
I have a lx3 and 5 and hardly use the zoom either. I dont like to get tunnel visioned into the bottom. Even with typically bottom oriented fish like perch and eyes - I catch alot of them way up high...

One cool feature of the new lx7 is the Dynamic Depth feature. Basically if your in flasher mode it adjusts itself to set the bottom so your useing the whole dial. IE - your in 11 ft of water in the 20ft scale, normally you would only utilize about half the dial. Now it gets stretched out to the whole dial - which will maximize resolution and target seperation.  8) Someone was thinking...

I was going to try and explain that ... you did much better ..... it seems my "Biter" fish are always the suspended ones.  you don't have to jig them off to hit..... 

The water table is so high here I have standing water by the garden again ... I am back to cutting the grass twice a week and it is as green as a golf course .... If this pattern keeps up we are going to be butt hole deep in snow this year....

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4760 on: Sep 27, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Well if anyone is ionterested in the new Vexilar FL-22 flasher/camera combo this season, you're out of luck .    They're already sold out for the 2011 / 2012 season  :whistling: :whistling:

Shouldn't you be painting jigs ?   ;) ;)   :whistling: :whistling:

duffy

« Reply #4761 on: Sep 28, 2011, 05:37 AM »
had a friend buy the fl-22 last season, he liked his Marcum better

NYSporty

« Reply #4762 on: Sep 28, 2011, 07:26 AM »
I'm all set to pull the trigger on a flasher.
I fish shallow 99 % of the time 8 to 30 ft.
I just need a unit that can see fish and my jig.
I'm torn between the Vex FL8SE and the Marcum VX1 PRO
Leaning towards the VX1 because it has the soft pack to contain the unit.
But I may talk my self into the FL18 I like the idea of the split screen is it worth 100 more bones?

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #4763 on: Sep 28, 2011, 07:44 AM »
But I may talk my self into the FL18 I like the idea of the split screen is it worth 100 more bones?
look at the lx3. Vx1 has zoom fl8 doesnt

bcons

« Reply #4764 on: Sep 28, 2011, 09:54 AM »
Marcum, Vex stinks  :P :-*  Compare features, that's all you have to do. 
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

fishthefalls123

« Reply #4765 on: Sep 28, 2011, 10:17 AM »
hey guys . im making my second trip up to the SR ever and again with fishgalore. everything is coming into play but one thing spots me. im just looking for a cheaper steelie rod. okuma anything

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4766 on: Sep 28, 2011, 10:20 AM »
hey guys . im making my second trip up to the SR ever and again with fishgalore. everything is coming into play but one thing spots me. im just looking for a cheaper steelie rod. okuma anything

cortland
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

cporter

« Reply #4767 on: Sep 28, 2011, 10:31 AM »

Don't be afraid to check out the Humminbird, I've had mine for 3 seasons now, works great.  :thumbup_smilie:

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4768 on: Sep 28, 2011, 10:44 AM »

I've got the Okuma connoisseur I like it, but I may buy a loomis just to see if it really is a big difference.
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

hunterdeneugene

« Reply #4769 on: Sep 28, 2011, 10:56 AM »
it is...at least as far as my 6 wt goes....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.