FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084319 times)

P.B.R

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4905 on: Sep 29, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Got up to the bp at noon and hookedup in every hole I.stepped into,a shame to see it get dark because it got better and better after that rain.

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #4906 on: Sep 29, 2011, 11:22 PM »
ill be up sat prolly all day. ill post what im wearing so if you guys see me you can come and say hi.
i promise i dont bite kinda like most the salmon... MOSTTT  :P :P ::) ::)
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

ICE_MONKEY

« Reply #4907 on: Sep 30, 2011, 12:56 AM »
Hope they're still running like you guys are saying next weekend. Bringing my nephew up, its his first time.

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #4908 on: Sep 30, 2011, 06:10 AM »
By then the river should be close to capacity. With good runs daily.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #4909 on: Sep 30, 2011, 07:44 AM »
Friends, Romans, Countrymen....Lend me your eggs.  I am desperate to get some salmon skein but due to some family health issues I don't know if I will be able get up to fish.  Snagger knows I'm looking for some and has graciously offered to  hold me some.  So, if you're going to his place to get your fish cleaned and don't want the eggs I would be very  grateful.  I'll make the bonzai run up to his place the next day to pick them up.  Thanks.
John

Robbieq16

« Reply #4910 on: Sep 30, 2011, 09:27 AM »
By then the river should be close to capacity. With good runs daily.
Once the fish start moving in how long will you have good daily run

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #4911 on: Sep 30, 2011, 10:53 AM »
wish  i  had  known  about  the  eggs  earlier  ! 

great  day  on  the  salmon  today  ,  met  some  great  people!  had  fun  over  by  the  ball field!  i  don't  know  how  many  i  had  on but  i  landed  3  actually  broke  a  noodle  rod   >:(  line  wraped  around  tip ....  now's  the  time  guys  enjoy  your  selves  ...snagger  were  you  down  by  the  ball field  today  ?
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

backstrapper

« Reply #4912 on: Sep 30, 2011, 11:10 AM »
Newbie here with a question.  I recently bought a centrepin from a buddy.  The reel spins forever but when I used it on the water it wouldn't start up and without me physically starting it spinning the float just comes to shore and no line feeds.  My buddy says you always have to help the reel to get started but I don't have to with my Okuma.  Should I need to have to "help" get the reel started?  Any input is appreciated
I shoot to grill and fish for the thrill

kowboy

« Reply #4913 on: Sep 30, 2011, 12:26 PM »
Well i finally got my first salmon river fish, it was great, running 100yds trying to stop it yelling fish on and coming down, looked like larry czonka going threw a defensive line lol Saw aguy fall in and his waders filled up and he started floating down the river untill he got his feet under him. People were yelling fish on, coming up , coming down every minute, guys ducking lines stepping over lines, just agreat day. For a newbie it was something to experiance. KC aguy was on ur rock and had afish on every minute. Thanks guys for everything, my yr is done and now its off to Illinois.

Jaycr3183

« Reply #4914 on: Sep 30, 2011, 01:03 PM »
Go back to the other forum backstrapper! LMAO!! You going to be up there this weekend!??!?!?!!?

jj7leaf

« Reply #4915 on: Sep 30, 2011, 01:11 PM »
Newbie here with a question.  I recently bought a centrepin from a buddy.  The reel spins forever but when I used it on the water it wouldn't start up and without me physically starting it spinning the float just comes to shore and no line feeds.  My buddy says you always have to help the reel to get started but I don't have to with my Okuma.  Should I need to have to "help" get the reel started?  Any input is appreciated

You can do a couple things, you  should take it apart and clean it.  Alot of guys clean alot of the grease that gets packed in new reels out and use sewing machine oils for lubricant

The other thing you can do is use some additional weight and larger floats, some reels have great start up  (like the Aerials such as a Bob James) and can/ should be used in frog water with small floats and minimal weights.  Others are bears especially in cold weather and need more pull to start up, this pull can be counteracted with additional weight when possible.

Out of curosity what reel is it?

jj

backstrapper

« Reply #4916 on: Sep 30, 2011, 01:16 PM »
I had the Milner kingfisher on my rod and another buddy had his okuma on his rod.  Same set up, weight, float etc.... his peeled off freely and mine didn't at all. 
Does that mean mine needs to be repaired? thanks again.  This is a used reel by the way.

backstrapper

« Reply #4917 on: Sep 30, 2011, 01:19 PM »
Go back to the other forum backstrapper! LMAO!! You going to be up there this weekend!??!?!?!!?
no

tree-on

« Reply #4918 on: Sep 30, 2011, 01:21 PM »
The trees look awful green in kowboy' pic. Is the change running late. I've seem to remember lots of falling leaves and acorns during the big runs of past years. The 5 lbs of leaves on your line when fighting a mudshark just adds to the challenge, also I like the big leaf fall when I hook those overhead limbs. (acorns hurt)

jj7leaf

« Reply #4919 on: Sep 30, 2011, 01:27 PM »
I had the Milner kingfisher on my rod and another buddy had his okuma on his rod.  Same set up, weight, float etc.... his peeled off freely and mine didn't at all. 
Does that mean mine needs to be repaired? thanks again.  This is a used reel by the way.

PM sent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.