FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084240 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4980 on: Oct 01, 2011, 09:23 PM »
Game on for the LL's
I'm all in , gonna bowhunt tomorrow night with FM i hope then we will see how busy i am next week but I'm sure i can find time  ;D

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #4981 on: Oct 01, 2011, 09:50 PM »
It's a lottery BRO  ::)
glad ya noticed Tony  :-*

esox v

« Reply #4982 on: Oct 01, 2011, 10:06 PM »
It's a lottery BRO  ::)
how much cash?
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

dimebrite

« Reply #4983 on: Oct 02, 2011, 01:09 AM »
I was told something like 450. I could be wrong.

bingo...

fishingjason

« Reply #4984 on: Oct 02, 2011, 06:59 AM »
Golly. I thought I logged in to Salmoncrazy.com. Then I realized I don't have an account over there.
Go fish everyone.
Go fish.
Go fish.
Go fish.
Go fish.

hunterdeneugene

« Reply #4985 on: Oct 02, 2011, 07:34 AM »
same here.....They love to praise the DSR over there.  I really starting to get the urge now.  Work is gonna suck this week.....

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #4986 on: Oct 02, 2011, 08:00 AM »
They should through Barclay in jail. He stole the fishing rights to that area.  I can't believe any sportsman would fish there. 
shut up and fish

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #4987 on: Oct 02, 2011, 08:23 AM »

fishgalore

« Reply #4988 on: Oct 02, 2011, 09:04 AM »
Garage on the River Banks ;D

http://blog.syracuse.com/outdoors/2011/10/column_stuff.html

That would be "garbage"...........the editor for the paper should be told he didn't catch the misspelled word

I have picked up some trash that others left down by the staircase in early September. I don't get the coffee cup issue. You carry it in full.......heavier.........and leave it there.........lighter to carry out.  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cursing: :cursing:

I'm full of sheet so defecation is my middle name.  :wacko: :wacko: When I'm home it's about 3-4 times/day. When I go camping............ maybe once in 4 days. Guess my body knows when to stop being a sheet head.  Glad I've never fished the DSR which is an acronym for Defecate @ the Salmon River.  :w00t:

esox v

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #4990 on: Oct 02, 2011, 09:24 AM »
Golly. I thought I logged in to Salmoncrazy.com. Then I realized I don't have an account over there.
Go fish everyone.
Go fish.
Go fish.
Go fish.
Go fish.

Hey I want to know where the fish are???? I am coming up later today to put on a clinic!! There are a few more post about the DSR post there please about it there. I know there are fish in the River I want to know how high up they are..
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

griz104

« Reply #4991 on: Oct 02, 2011, 09:30 AM »
Hey I want to know where the fish are???? I am coming up later today to put on a clinic!! There are a few more post about the DSR post there please about it there. I know there are fish in the River I want to know how high up they are..

They were pretty high yesterday!! A few were kicked back with their fins crossed and had a HUGE doobie rolled up!! Oh my bad... you wanted to know how far upstream they were..Duh...

kevinmaine3

« Reply #4992 on: Oct 02, 2011, 09:36 AM »
I'm far from an authority, SNAGGER knows more, but basically Barclay owns about a 2 1/2 mile stretch of the property adjacent to both sides of the river (and in court it was determined the river bed itself) from the Port/estuary upstream to just below the Lil Black and he leases the property from there to the Black Hole which is just below the Lower Staircase. The Staircase is also called the Long Bridge pool but is broken up (by locals with names like the lower or elm hole, etc......) to refer to specific areas of the Staircase or Long Bridge pool. The DSR is a reference to the Douglaston Salmon Run and that is the property that is owned by Barclay and he charges a fee to fish it. The fee is $45 per day. It's taken me about 2 years to grab a hold of this myself so don't feel bad. I'm a newbie like you but find much of the history fascinating, interesting and troubling at times. Since lots effect the locals more than I. I hope this helps and I'm sure someone will correct me where I'm wrong.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.douglastonsalmonrun.com/

So this place is on the salmon river? and they have rights to the river and sell passes to get in, so its not that crazy fishing there?....How far away is this from buffalo...sounds like something I would like to do..i'm not usto the people when fishing...And I dont want to loose an eye..lol.
The last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it....

dimebrite

« Reply #4993 on: Oct 02, 2011, 09:42 AM »
salmon river is about 1/2 hour north from syracuse..do the math from syracuse to buffalo and there ya go ;)  exits 34-36 off I81 with 36 being downtown pulaski area...

esox v

« Reply #4994 on: Oct 02, 2011, 09:45 AM »
Hey I want to know where the fish are????
 HOW YOU GOING TO PUT ON A CLINIC IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THE FISH ARE !! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.