FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084113 times)

fishhooker

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5040 on: Oct 02, 2011, 08:02 PM »
Guys, I need some advice.

Heading to the fly zones this week.  Have never fished the SR with float line. Whats the most effective setup for "hooking" up? Any help would be appreciated, feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance.
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #5041 on: Oct 02, 2011, 08:15 PM »
had 100 fish go by me this afternoon. everyone of them saw my line and swam around it. 12lb. maxima with a 8 lb.  berkley fluorocarbon leader. any suggestions?

line  shy  salmon  coming  down rapids??????
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #5042 on: Oct 02, 2011, 08:40 PM »
line  shy  salmon  coming  down rapids??????

Lmfao IMPOSSIBLE!

Sorry you didn't have good luck, I couldn't make a cast without hooking up on Thursday
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

pike46

• looking for my 30 pounder
« Reply #5043 on: Oct 02, 2011, 08:57 PM »
ok dumb question. ive only fished the SR for steelhead. my pike fishing is slowing down here in eastern ny.. gonna head out for salmon....how much longer do the salmon run? november? Also is there a run of browns around now?

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5044 on: Oct 02, 2011, 09:03 PM »
ok dumb question. ive only fished the SR for steelhead. my pike fishing is slowing down here in eastern ny.. gonna head out for salmon....how much longer do the salmon run? november? Also is there a run of browns around now?
  The fresh salmon will continue to come in for another couple weeks, then they linger into early November...Theres some browns kicking around...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

pike46

• looking for my 30 pounder
« Reply #5045 on: Oct 02, 2011, 09:09 PM »
Thanks snagger. i do remember fishing for salmon once with my stealhead buddy....but there were a few carcasses around so it mightve been late season...only remember because i was nearly struck by lightening crossing a railroad trestle.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #5046 on: Oct 02, 2011, 09:20 PM »
  Did you see any steelies or brown's being caught bazooka?

Nope, i ran skein under a float with my cp.  Mostly fed the fallfish.  I must have caught 30 of them today.  Almost every cast.  Moved from dsr to 2a then back up to blackhole. 

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #5047 on: Oct 02, 2011, 09:22 PM »
had 100 fish go by me this afternoon. everyone of them saw my line and swam around it. 12lb. maxima with a 8 lb.  berkley fluorocarbon leader. any suggestions?
it is mostly because you suck you better stick to flinging you fluke off the wall ;D
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

esox v

« Reply #5048 on: Oct 02, 2011, 09:48 PM »
it is mostly because you suck you better stick to flinging you fluke off the wall ;D
That does not sound like something he should be doing on the river !! Even if he's good at it !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5049 on: Oct 03, 2011, 11:47 AM »
yes, i was fishing rapids. about 2 ft deep. they saw the line coming every time. maybe they saw the sinkers?

Maxima Chameleon?  no good in low water conditions..use Maxima ultra green instead...if your using tin...that sucks too.. too shiny...get some real ones somewhere....I put my split shots on my dash to fade them....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #5050 on: Oct 03, 2011, 11:58 AM »
 Maxima Chameleon?  no good in low water conditions..use Maxima ultra green instead...if your using tin...that sucks too.. too shiny...get some real ones somewhere....I put my split shots on my dash to fade them....

you want real lead....lots of private sellers on Ebay....I got a lot of 400 pieces, 5 different sizes for $12 plus like $6 for shipping....a bag of 75 of the crap Gremlin tin stuff at all seasons cost $23!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110752739501
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

NYtrout27

« Reply #5051 on: Oct 03, 2011, 12:17 PM »
you want real lead....lots of private sellers on Ebay....I got a lot of 400 pieces, 5 different sizes for $12 plus like $6 for shipping....a bag of 75 of the crap Gremlin tin stuff at all seasons cost $23!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110752739501

I just order them.  That should do me for a while. Thanks for sharing the link!
"Nothing grows faster than a fish from when it bites until it gets away."

fishingaddict

• Fishing is not an addiction, Its the CURE!
« Reply #5052 on: Oct 03, 2011, 04:15 PM »
What a weekend ;D    The past four days are what i dream about...   Did get stopped by DEC.  He actually asked me if I was snagging and when I said no he said well how did you hook all these fish in the mouth when they are not eating...  lmao  no tickets though.
Fish fear me!

the_mad_iceman

• I can't put my arms down!
« Reply #5053 on: Oct 03, 2011, 05:20 PM »
He actually asked me if I was snagging and when I said no he said well how did you hook all these fish in the mouth when they are not eating...  lmao  no tickets though.

If they know they're not eating, then why even ask??? They know what's going on!

lehigh vally

« Reply #5054 on: Oct 03, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Entrapment !!! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.