FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084114 times)

Stormy_NY

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5145 on: Oct 05, 2011, 06:20 PM »
He was a pisser .... fun to fish with.... He hooked a lot of fish sitting on that rock.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #5146 on: Oct 05, 2011, 06:34 PM »
had  some  fun  today   but  theres   getting  to  be  less   fish    for  sure  lets  hope  for  a  run  ...i  think  the  water  is   running  maybe  300  to  350    fish  can  come  up in  that  ...i  did  stop  and  see  snagger  ...  been  to  long  since  the  last  time  i  had  a  cup of  coffee   with  him  after  i  hit  a  trib  and  got  a  few  nice   beat  up  cohos   ;D

life  is  good
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Dark Cloud

« Reply #5147 on: Oct 05, 2011, 06:55 PM »
Tank and I spent most of the day on the river today. What a beutifull day it was! Nice and cool in the morning with some fog then clear, sunny, and not too hot. Plenty of fish around also...  8)
We started low for a few hours and it was slow, real slow. Hit a spot up a bit and there were some fish but nothing to be excited about. Checked out our creek spot and she was empty. Then checked out a spot up higher and found quite a few. We fished there for about 4 hours and one of us was hooked up every 5-10 min. Mostly kings, a couple of cohos, and I had on a dandy of a steelie. Spent a little time at Snags then headed south...

I work with a guy whos wife loves these things. We'll stick to eyes, gills, and perch...  ;D
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

filetandrelease

« Reply #5148 on: Oct 05, 2011, 07:05 PM »
hey kid where are your fish ,did that man give you a lesson  ;)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5149 on: Oct 05, 2011, 07:22 PM »
This is aguy me and Stormy met yesterday, he said im retired ive fished this river along time and if ive got to do anything more then stand up to land one of these fish i just break him off, lol he did land afew though

I think that's my buddy Bill...hard to tell with his back turned...nice seeing you and your old man today DC......  What a great weather day...spectacular....!! ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Dark Cloud

« Reply #5150 on: Oct 05, 2011, 07:43 PM »
hey kid where are your fish ,did that man give you a lesson  ;)

Kid? I guess at your age you can call most people kid... :o :o ;D

Ive had countless "lessons" from him... but honestly salmon jackin aint one of them, everything else was  8). I had about 10 years on the river till Tank decided to give it a whirl and got hooked.
I would sit on the bank all day and rig rods, tail fish, ect, and just watch and "coach" him. I love it when I "recomend" he do something and immediatly hooks up.  ;D He does real good though, he didnt like getting outfished 3-4:1 those first few years....

Right back at ya Snag. Today was just a (nearly) perfect day. Wow there was a ton of fish not too far from your place!
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #5151 on: Oct 05, 2011, 09:52 PM »
Frost tomorrow morning

andercee

« Reply #5152 on: Oct 05, 2011, 10:17 PM »
I stumbled up to the Salmon River for the first time today and was disgusted by the amount of trash and fishing debris.  I am not sure if this is the case along the whole river but it was definitely not a good first impression.  Litter and vandalism are the primary reason access to fishing and hunting sites are lost.  I'm heading back up in the morning with my rod and a garbage bag.  Please take the time to pick up some trash the next time you head out.  To those who do this already, thank you.  

I was also scouting out some hunting areas and couldn't believe all the trash that was being dumped in Wildlife Management Areas.  It is absolutely shameful that a few people treat public land that way, and that most others aren't doing something about it.  

esox v

« Reply #5153 on: Oct 05, 2011, 10:35 PM »
I stumbled up to the Salmon River for the first time today and was disgusted by the amount of trash and fishing debris.  I am not sure if this is the case along the whole river but it was definitely not a good first impression.  Litter and vandalism are the primary reason access to fishing and hunting sites are lost.  I'm heading back up in the morning with my rod and a garbage bag.  Please take the time to pick up some trash the next time you head out.  To those who do this already, thank you.  

I was also scouting out some hunting areas and couldn't believe all the trash that was being dumped in Wildlife Management Areas.  It is absolutely shameful that a few people treat public land that way, and that most others aren't doing something about it.  

A Thousand transient people have that effect on a place... It's like an outdoor rock concert... Like i have said before.......... Taking out what you brought in is not enough.... you need to bring out more than you take in.......to keep it clean. END OF STORY...........
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

skidplate

« Reply #5154 on: Oct 06, 2011, 12:19 AM »
People are piggies.  :(  I usually end up with a creel full of trash.
There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
 Ron Paul

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #5155 on: Oct 06, 2011, 12:21 AM »
Lots of good action goin down up there Boys..... I'm going up this weekend from friday till Monday (Our last family camping trip for the season)..... Snag watch out, I haven't seen ya for quite some time...and I'm gonna bust some butt buddy when I get up there.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #5156 on: Oct 06, 2011, 04:20 AM »
i got a  few  questions  for  snagger  or  anyone  that  can  help me  ...do you  think  they like  the  yellow   or  orange foam  best?  and  is  60 # braided  strong  enough????  ....which  ones  do you  guys  eat  the  most  coho's   or  chinooks?  why  is  it  when i  drift beads  without  a hook  i  never  even  get a  hit   if they  bite   beads????

this  is  sorta  like  the  lockness monster   .....lot  of  myth  involved  so  you  can  get a tourist  dollar  .....   :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #5157 on: Oct 06, 2011, 05:20 AM »
i got a  few  questions  for  snagger  or  anyone  that  can  help me  ...do you  think  they like  the  yellow   or  orange foam  best?  and  is  60 # braided  strong  enough????  ....which  ones  do you  guys  eat  the  most  coho's   or  chinooks?  why  is  it  when i  drift beads  without  a hook  i  never  even  get a  hit   if they  bite   beads????

this  is  sorta  like  the  lockness monster   .....lot  of  myth  involved  so  you  can  get a tourist  dollar  .....   :rotflol:

i think black sponge and a num 1 hook with yellow 80pound braid is the best set up out there  ;D :rotflol: :rotflol:
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5158 on: Oct 06, 2011, 06:34 AM »

The way I've always looked at it....it's sort of like the county fair came to town...for 3 weeks, thousands of guys come to the area and after they leave we clean up after them, i picked up a car load monday at ellis cove while i was there, Think any of them do it for spike, i mean on purpose......  it does seem worse in the last couple years.  Got thinking about it, If I was an out of towner where would I throw my trash?  I know it's no excuse, but when I was a kid there was trash cans everywhere, now none...I know my dumpster mysteriously fills up faster during the season.....up here in Altmar the county prisoners pick up the dec lots regularly......anyway.......First frost of the year out there, steam is heavy on the river and a great red sunrise....Looks like a great day. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Stormy_NY

« Reply #5159 on: Oct 06, 2011, 06:59 AM »
       The way I've always looked at it....it's sort of like the county fair came to town...for 3 weeks, thousands of guys come to the area and after they leave we clean up after them, i picked up a car load monday at ellis cove while i was there, Think any of them do it for spike, i mean on purpose......  it does seem worse in the last couple years.  Got thinking about it, If I was an out of towner where would I throw my trash?  I know it's no excuse, but when I was a kid there was trash cans everywhere, now none...I know my dumpster mysteriously fills up faster during the season.....up here in Altmar the county prisoners pick up the dec lots regularly......anyway.......First frost of the year out there, steam is heavy on the river and a great red sunrise....Looks like a great day. ;D

So I guess Professor Snagger was correct ..... Indian Summer  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.