FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084164 times)

Stormy_NY

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5220 on: Oct 07, 2011, 02:36 PM »
U.S. National Weather Service

...Heavy Rain Threat Expected This Weekend Over the Southern Plains and Southeast...

Moderate to Heavy Rainfall will develop from a series of systems that move over the central and southern Plains over the weekend. Rainfall amounts of 1-3 inches per hour will be possible, with totals of 4-8 inches of rain and locally higher amounts over 10 inches possible by Monday morning. This should put a significant dent in the ongoing severe drought over portions of the area, but this amount of rain in a short period of time could also lead to possible flash flooding across northern Texas and Oklahoma. Severe weather will also be possible, with damaging winds and large hail as the main threats.

In the Southeast, moderate to heavy rainfall is expected this weekend from a persistent onshore flow and a developing low pressure system off the Florida coast. Rainfall amounts of 1-2 inches per hour will be possible, with totals of 4-8 inches and locally higher amounts near 10 inches possible by Monday morning. Dangerous surf and boating conditions off the Georgia and Florida coasts will be likely. Rainfall will likely spread further north and inland as this system travels up along the Southeast coast early next week.

The graphic below shows the 5-day precipitation forecast through Wednesday morning, October 12.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #5221 on: Oct 07, 2011, 02:38 PM »
ya  got  to  make  a  living   ,   at  least  you  got  mff  ,  good  bunch  of  guys  here    if  ya  can't  fish  these  guys  will keep  you  laughing  .  can  you  get  me  a  discount  on  gas  at  the  pump????? :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

NYtrout27

« Reply #5222 on: Oct 07, 2011, 02:44 PM »
ya  got  to  make  a  living   ,   at  least  you  got  mff  ,  good  bunch  of  guys  here    if  ya  can't  fish  these  guys  will keep  you  laughing  .  can  you  get  me  a  discount  on  gas  at  the  pump????? :rotflol:

I wish I could get myself a discount at the pump....  Whenever the price of gas goes up at the pump I tell people, yup just got another raise  :rotflol:  Of course it's not true but it has pee'd some people off.
"Nothing grows faster than a fish from when it bites until it gets away."

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5223 on: Oct 07, 2011, 02:50 PM »
       Cool job nytrout27. :flag:  

Theres nothing unusual about this season, actually everything has worked out like clockwork really...going through a nice "indian summer" right now, then a rainfall will come and another big push will show up, probably with a good chunk of steel this thurs-friday.... that would be my guess, but if the kings stage too long .... you could get a chunk just take off for no reason say Monday...We'll see, been easy to predict them this year I think....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

trapper2000

« Reply #5224 on: Oct 07, 2011, 04:10 PM »
have  to  agree  with ya  snag  according  to  my  journals  were  right  where  we should  be  .....  get  some  rain and  we'll have a  big push  but i like  it just the way it is  steady  fishing  with a  few  nice  surprizes  and  all fishable  water   ;D

tree-on

« Reply #5225 on: Oct 07, 2011, 05:06 PM »
Anyone know if Brookfield is going to release water this weekend? As of 6pm nothing on the waterline.

NYtrout27

« Reply #5226 on: Oct 07, 2011, 05:09 PM »
      Cool job nytrout27. :flag:  

Theres nothing unusual about this season, actually everything has worked out like clockwork really...going through a nice "indian summer" right now, then a rainfall will come and another big push will show up, probably with a good chunk of steel this thurs-friday.... that would be my guess, but if the kings stage too long .... you could get a chunk just take off for no reason say Monday...We'll see, been easy to predict them this year I think....

It allows me to have a lot of time off, which is why I do it  8)  I get to hang out and fish with a bunch of retarded, I mean retired guys during the week when all my buddies that are my age are working.

I wouldn't be sad if everything was running a little late this year.  I have my 3 weeks off from Oct 20th to Nov 9th.  Hoping for some steel & browns by then.
"Nothing grows faster than a fish from when it bites until it gets away."

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5227 on: Oct 07, 2011, 05:23 PM »
Anyone know if Brookfield is going to release water this weekend? As of 6pm nothing on the waterline.
  Res. is still 10+ feet down. I would highly doubt it.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bcons

« Reply #5228 on: Oct 07, 2011, 06:43 PM »
and   bcons   with   low  water  and  me  with a  flyrod  ....you  don't  have  to  worry  about  them  fish  spawning  :rotflol:
We had you with a dark blue hat with an N & a Y on it.
but we didn't have to worry about those Yankees either.  :-* :-*  Their gone too.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

trapper2000

« Reply #5229 on: Oct 07, 2011, 07:43 PM »
well long  as  they  took  those  red  soxs  out  , it's  all good   :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :clapping:

KingPerch

« Reply #5230 on: Oct 07, 2011, 07:49 PM »
GO YANKEES!!--KP :flag: ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

fishhooker

« Reply #5231 on: Oct 07, 2011, 11:35 PM »
This is a late report for tues & wed.  Fished the lower fly both days. First day got into a few but got there late and didnt get the best posisiton on the pods. The next day it was a bloodbath.  Eventually I stopped taking pics unless the fish were soemthing special. Must have landed 20-30 for 100 hookups between us.  I was surprised how many I hooked in the mouth! After this trip im convinced the fly rod is the best tool for hooking them. I brought a newbie and probably spoiled him forever. Snagger thanks again. I said I was coming and he told me where I wanted to be, and he was dead on.  here's a few pics from the trip, I'll have a cool video for you guys by next week:

Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

wiredstone

« Reply #5232 on: Oct 08, 2011, 06:05 AM »
 :w00t: :thumbup_smilie:
wooo fish on. Never mind

trapper2000

« Reply #5233 on: Oct 08, 2011, 07:50 AM »
im convinced the fly rod is the best tool for hooking them.

yup ;D

JOHNNYLARGE

« Reply #5234 on: Oct 08, 2011, 07:53 AM »
The thirteenth can't come soon enough. I can only pray that the creeks will come up when we are there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.