FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084236 times)

deervalley27

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5235 on: Oct 08, 2011, 09:58 AM »

Its incredible ........ bumper to bumper traffic, tons of tents and campers, and  19,892,921 fisherman  from Port Ontario   to Altmar.... and NO WATER in the creeks......... and roughly 7 fish in the entire river.... 
Just gives meaning to the old sayin.... WELCOME TO NY........ NOW GO HOME

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5236 on: Oct 08, 2011, 10:37 AM »
Its incredible ........ bumper to bumper traffic, tons of tents and campers, and  19,892,921 fisherman  from Port Ontario   to Altmar.... and NO WATER in the creeks......... and roughly 7 fish in the entire river....  

After your 21 years here , crowds on columbus day weekend suprize you?  Cleaned more than 7 fish in the first 15 minutes this morning.. 8)   Great weather...going to be a spectacular weekend for everybody!!!! ;D

The "Cove"..... 

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

griz104

« Reply #5237 on: Oct 08, 2011, 11:03 AM »
It's really crazy over there..Decided to take a ride and watch the Circus this morning and wasn't disappointed a bit..watched as 7 guys all had the same fish hooked and no one was giving ground on it.. Actually hung suspended in mid air for a bit..Oswego is NO better.. Guess i will wait till Mid Week to come fishing again now!!

SNAGGER

« Reply #5238 on: Oct 08, 2011, 11:39 AM »

I've seen worse for this time of year, but yes it's mobbed up like expected, a guy brought a 35.2lber in today, beats the old station 2011 season record of 32.8lbs.. A truelly incredible Chinook, not one hook in it from it's journey upstream, it must have weighed 38 or 39lbs in the lake....  

Heres "Walter"

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #5239 on: Oct 08, 2011, 01:37 PM »
   Another Monster, just over 30lbs...

Lots of limits today...crazy fish cleaning....

Blood blood and more blood......

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5240 on: Oct 08, 2011, 03:01 PM »
Wow...  That 35.2 is a hog...... :o
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

wiredstone

« Reply #5241 on: Oct 08, 2011, 04:46 PM »
THAT IS REAL BLOOD MONEY ! :w00t:
wooo fish on. Never mind

esox v

« Reply #5242 on: Oct 08, 2011, 05:07 PM »
Its incredible ........ bumper to bumper traffic, tons of tents and campers, and  19,892,921 fisherman  from Port Ontario   to Altmar.... and NO WATER in the creeks......... and roughly 7 fish in the entire river.... 

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: just slip back under your rock for a couple weeks... You came out to early !! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

deervalley27

« Reply #5243 on: Oct 08, 2011, 05:37 PM »
  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: just slip back under your rock for a couple weeks... You came out to early !! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

ha ha ha  your such a silly little internet fisherman......... ha ha ha

esox v

« Reply #5244 on: Oct 08, 2011, 05:39 PM »
ha ha ha  your such a silly little internet fisherman......... ha ha ha
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:  yeah..Silly !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #5245 on: Oct 08, 2011, 06:22 PM »
goin up tomarrow thinkn bout trout brook. but id really like sum steelies or browns any one wanna pm me sum info that be great thx guyss
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

kc

« Reply #5246 on: Oct 08, 2011, 06:35 PM »
Hey Shane thanks for the fish cleaning today. That 35#er was a real hog. You were right about the lower flyzone being loaded. But we went to the upper flyzone. Walked right in to the upper pool below the boundary line. One guy was fishing the parking lot side and a half dozen or so on the other side. Not at all crowded. Hooked a bunch of fish. Didn't land any though. With all the people around today we didn't have any problems finding uncrowded area's to fish.

SNAGGER

« Reply #5247 on: Oct 08, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Hey Shane thanks for the fish cleaning today. That 35#er was a real hog. You were right about the lower flyzone being loaded. But we went to the upper flyzone. Walked right in to the upper pool below the boundary line. One guy was fishing the parking lot side and a half dozen or so on the other side. Not at all crowded. Hooked a bunch of fish. Didn't land any though. With all the people around today we didn't have any problems finding uncrowded area's to fish.

Glad you had a good time Kc...This is one of the Best columbus day weekends I can remember as far as weather and good people... low water made the fishin tricky...just needed to walk a bit and look for a key opening, it looks really crowded until you sit back and read the water and see most guys aren't really in the key spots.  Most guys here had a banner day of fishing......filet station was absolutely slammed all day....

good times man............ good times!!!!
;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

kowboy

« Reply #5248 on: Oct 08, 2011, 09:16 PM »
great pics and stories guys, makes it easier as im on my way to the land of giants, illinois, in Dayton Ohio now another 6hrs and im there. Reading the posts is awesome keep them coming as i may see the fishing thru all of your eyes. KC good fishing

SNAGGER

« Reply #5249 on: Oct 08, 2011, 09:21 PM »
goin up tomarrow thinkn bout trout brook. but id really like sum steelies or browns any one wanna pm me sum info that be great thx guyss

Trout's dead low, heard there picking away at some nice steel in Pulaski.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.