FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084157 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5310 on: Oct 11, 2011, 07:43 PM »

A few more from today.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Gillripper1

• looking for a stolen 11' loomis.. and a dead guy.
« Reply #5311 on: Oct 11, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Hey Shane nice pics. The gang will be there tomorrow night. Should be another great trip. FYI i have a 10' 8wt Loomis Glx i am looking to sell if you know anyone looking. Great shape.
"One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one's fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one's fishing companions"  John Ashley-Cooper

griz104

« Reply #5312 on: Oct 11, 2011, 08:44 PM »
Great Pictures Shane.. I love the Fall.. Best time of the year in my opinion...

bass on

« Reply #5313 on: Oct 11, 2011, 08:48 PM »
Thanks again shane for the stay we had a blast man think i got my brother and my buddy hooked on salmon fishing now...take care man...see you in a few weeks for some fall steel.

fishgalore

« Reply #5314 on: Oct 11, 2011, 09:22 PM »
Hey Shane nice pics. The gang will be there tomorrow night. Should be another great trip. FYI i have a 10' 8wt Loomis Glx i am looking to sell if you know anyone looking. Great shape.

Wack 'em and stack 'em huh...........sounds primitive. Is that why you're getting rid of the GLX, gonna club 'em instead? LOL

Have a great trip with the gang maybe I'll win some dough in the tourney this weekend.

SNAGGER:- awesome pics, leaves are just starting down here.........2-3 weeks for peak IMO.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #5315 on: Oct 12, 2011, 04:08 AM »
  I took breaks from fish cleaning a few times and walked around the bridge area, it was crowded bigtime, but saw no argueing to speak of when I was up there, just alot of generally happy people hooking fish...fun weekend!!!! ;D

Well, when I saw ya real quick on Sunday....you looked super busy painting the signage on your property. ;)  Looking good by the way Shane.  I wanted to stop and hang for a few, but you are a busy man, and I had a train of family members and their children that needed to see the hatchery and Falls.

I did fish for about 45 minutes under the new Pineville bridge, with my brother and good friend , coach. DEC found and beat my brother up verbally for infractions, with a leader over 48" and lifting also. They watched both of us for a good 10 min. before they picked on my brother. These guys walked in together and just leaned against the new abutments of the bridge, staring at us. I knew right away, cause I saw the binoculars, and the way they were talking back and forth, made a couple motions to my bro, that I think DEC is watching us, and I know his technique would probably cause a bit of a stir. Well....he lucked out, because no tickets were issued, part of the reason was, I walked in the middle of the deal and started asking DEC if my setup is correct, etc. I started asking dumb questions also, "What is considered lifting" "Where do you start measuring leader length", " Of course, I knew the answers,, but I got their attention off my bro and on me.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #5316 on: Oct 12, 2011, 04:17 AM »
I know his technique would probably cause a bit of a stir. Well....he lucked out, because no tickets were issued, part of the reason was, I walked in the middle of the deal and started asking DEC if my setup is correct, etc. I started asking dumb questions also, "What is considered lifting" "Where do you start measuring leader length", " Of course, I knew the answers,, but I got their attention off my bro and on me.
[/quote]

you learn well young  skywalker ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #5317 on: Oct 12, 2011, 04:25 AM »
haha niceee
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #5318 on: Oct 12, 2011, 05:12 AM »
Going south today for work... The falls should look nice Snagg.  ;) ;) ;) ;)
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #5319 on: Oct 12, 2011, 07:06 AM »
I know his technique would probably cause a bit of a stir. Well....he lucked out, because no tickets were issued, part of the reason was, I walked in the middle of the deal and started asking DEC if my setup is correct, etc. I started asking dumb questions also, "What is considered lifting" "Where do you start measuring leader length", " Of course, I knew the answers,, but I got their attention off my bro and on me.

you learn well young  skywalker ;D

I forgot to add the DEC, mentioned to me the reason why he didn't confront me was because I was using my spin rod with the "fly or pin" casting technique. Where there is only one lift at the end of the drift, and I didn't reel the line in before the next cast, just pulled excess line and used my rod to take the rest for a new cast. He said "if everyone uses that technique, than we wouldn't have to ticket people for lifting" 
What's everyone Else's thoughts about that? Has other officers made different interpretations of the law?

lehigh vally

« Reply #5320 on: Oct 12, 2011, 08:14 AM »

Another great day on the River from the guys here, alot of fresh kings with steelhead and coho's mixed on the lower end...Still cleaning limits from up here as well   just a great day again.. 8)

Still lots of limits.

Fresh king.

Ya, i know the wind is gonna knock allot of the leaves down before i get there. Show me what you mean about the pic's being blurry with the polarizer on this weekend, that should not be happening, I'm thinking your auto setting is dropping your shutter speed to low because of the loss of light,  you really need to get away from auto when using the filter

floatfisher

« Reply #5321 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:28 AM »
saw marks boat last weekend, pretty sharp now. i dont think ill be able to get out for any fall shots at all until next year. i did get a couple the other day while standing on the bridge
www.flickr.com/djgoodson
whats the point, its too hard to keep count lol if you wanna know, just ask.

bcons

« Reply #5322 on: Oct 12, 2011, 11:08 AM »
I forgot to add the DEC, mentioned to me the reason why he didn't confront me was because I was using my spin rod with the "fly or pin" casting technique. Where there is only one lift at the end of the drift, and I didn't reel the line in before the next cast, just pulled excess line and used my rod to take the rest for a new cast. He said "if everyone uses that technique, than we wouldn't have to ticket people for lifting" 
What's everyone Else's thoughts about that
? Has other officers made different interpretations of the law?

That's because the cast acts as the "Lift", however you're just casting.  The guys I saw this yr getting the biz from the ECO's were lifting more than once per drift & extremely exaggerated.  One day at BP I thought ohhh boy, there was a crowd fishing like they were stnading on the bridge in the port, eco was there, didn't say anything.  The law is so subjective
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #5323 on: Oct 12, 2011, 11:18 AM »
That's the reason why I made that comment Bcons. I was hoping amatuer anglers would understand that technique.  Also wanting to explain it correctly...All the experienced guys know the deal. ;)

cNr1day

« Reply #5324 on: Oct 12, 2011, 12:16 PM »
I see once again they've backed off on rain totals....can't seem to catch a break up there:
http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/Storm-Team-Forecast-Discussion/iS5fKgcnukW2WIhMsHWumQ.cspx

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.