FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084115 times)

Smells Like Fish NH

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5340 on: Oct 12, 2011, 08:35 PM »
Snagger,

Would it be worth a suicide run. I was thinking of leaving jersey saturday morning around 2am and getting to the river around 6am then fish all day and leave at 7 saturday night or so. Do you think its worth it.

It's now or never, they are gonna start dying off soon.
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #5341 on: Oct 12, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Snagger,

Would it be worth a suicide run. I was thinking of leaving jersey saturday morning around 2am and getting to the river around 6am then fish all day and leave at 7 saturday night or so. Do you think its worth it.
if you know the river then yes. Steel is started to show up on numbers and guys fishing the lake are getting them off the mouth. But that could of been the steel that came in the river this morning

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5342 on: Oct 12, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Snagger,

Had guys at staircase...lower black that said it was silly...compactors was great and I snuck down to ellis for 20 minutes...silly...fish everywhere, by saturday the lower end might slow up, but not up top, lots of steel today....lots!!!!  It hasn't been this good on this week in a long time....Well you know..for the guys who know whats what and where to fish...  night and day compared to last week...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishingjason

« Reply #5343 on: Oct 12, 2011, 08:50 PM »
I fished down low yesterday and today. Both days were great but today was crazy. Tons of Kings and tons of Steelhead. Big Steelhead too. I saw Browns, Atlantics, Cohos, Kings and Steelhead caught all out of the same small run.
Lots of fish everywhere. This is a great week to use sick days.

Shiny one from today

jersey dave

« Reply #5344 on: Oct 12, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Well I think I am gonna take the trip saturday for the day. 8 hours of driving for 12 hours of fishing lol. Maybe one day I will learn how to do it up there snagger lol
Jersey Dave

Fetzer1

« Reply #5345 on: Oct 12, 2011, 08:52 PM »
It's now or never, they are gonna start dying off soon.
I heard straight from the boat that was just off the lake both saturday and sunday night that there is a good amount of kings just outside the walls and all the way down to selkirk. Most fish are darkening up, but every 3rd fish or so was still pretty bright or just starting to change.

SNAGGER

« Reply #5346 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:10 PM »

Hey Jersey dave jiggawhopper and his girlfriend Jamie hooked over 100 today,, a 15lb+ steelie too boot one of over a dozen landed.       :w00t: :clapping: :flag:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

jersey dave

« Reply #5347 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:15 PM »
Yea he sent me some pics of the steelie hot chrome. He said Jamie hit 40 on her own today. What a great day for her she is really coming along. She is learning just needs to get the mouth hook down now and she will be dangerous
Jersey Dave

SNAGGER

« Reply #5348 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Yea he sent me some pics of the steelie hot chrome. He said Jamie hit 40 on her own today. What a great day for her she is really coming along. She is learning just needs to get the mouth hook down now and she will be dangerous

so why did you have to ask us then, she's hooked more today than you have all season..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

jersey dave

« Reply #5349 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:22 PM »

;D

LOL I just saw this on facebook
Jersey Dave

jersey dave

« Reply #5350 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:22 PM »
so why did you have to ask us then, she's hooked more today than you have all season..

Thanks a lot Snagger I didnt need to hear that lol
Jersey Dave

SNAGGER

« Reply #5351 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:25 PM »
Thanks a lot Snagger I didnt need to hear that lol

What are friends for..... ;D  If it makes you feel any better I'm stuck cutting fish missing all the action too, by halloween when I'm done, all I'll have to fish for is everybodies scraps!!! :'( :'( :'( >:(
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

jersey dave

« Reply #5352 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:28 PM »
I think I am gonna try to see if I can get paid tomorrow and take friday off and get up there for 2 days instead of just one. Not sure if my boss will pay me early though because he will know that I am calling out friday then lol. I could use the money though want to get squared away with you and also need a new season license I have made more trips this year then I have in the past 2 years got to get back to the old days 10 to 20 trips a year lol
Jersey Dave

Stormy_NY

« Reply #5353 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:31 PM »
They didn't just take down a picture of a Mole.... Really ?

jersey dave

« Reply #5354 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:32 PM »
they took down snaggers pic of northwoods boat in his yard earlier too i was wondering why they would do that
Jersey Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.