FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084337 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5355 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:40 PM »
they took down snaggers pic of northwoods boat in his yard earlier too i was wondering why they would do that

That was my bad... I forgot what I was doing, I get talking and forget where I am sometimes..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #5356 on: Oct 12, 2011, 10:17 PM »
That was my bad... I forgot what I was doing, I get talking and forget where I am sometimes..
northwoods is a member here too. Why can't he have a pic of his boat?
Riverrat is on the sponsor board and that place hasn't been open in months

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #5357 on: Oct 12, 2011, 10:37 PM »
  The way they have the laws structured, it's very open ended to say the least , I was just talking to an en con about the laws an hour ago, they are just doing there job, I just wish they would concentrate there efforts on poaching .... litterbugs ect ... not a leader 4 inches too big or too hard a tug...my 2 cents...

I couldn't agree more Snag. My brother fishes with straight mono, with no leader, his weights kept slipping up (so he said), cause he forgot his pliers. When the ECO measured from his top weight he was around 56"........quite a bit over length, plus he was reeling in and lifting a couple times before his next cast. He very easily could have gotten a well deserved ticket. They were good to him, and spent time with him, explaining what they want to see......and they mentioned to him as a local, he should be setting a good example for everyone else.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #5358 on: Oct 12, 2011, 10:41 PM »
On my mono setup I always ran 12 -15 lb test mainline straight to the hook and put split shot on it. Some say you have to have a break in the line but I can't see where it says it. I've never got a ticket and have been checked a few times a few yrs back

Straight line is ok......they look at your top weight for the 48" law when ya run straight line...........right from the eco's mouth last sunday.

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #5359 on: Oct 12, 2011, 10:57 PM »
Had one netting my fish friday at oswego.

fisher7450

• If theres a fish in the water I'll fish it
« Reply #5360 on: Oct 13, 2011, 03:12 AM »
 I've never had a problem with an ECO actualy they've been more helpfull then not just always get asked for my liscens at wierd times like june in oswego or oct in caughnoy. Asked the one in caughnoy why he wasn't in oswego or pulaski said he was on his way there  :rotflol: oh and last dec in phoenix perch fishing didnt even see or hear him walk up behind me in the snow he asked for my bait reciept  and i bout jumped in the river. but never had a problem with them in oswego. Never netted a fish for me though  ;)
A Great Fishermen doesn't need the best equipment.
A Great Fishermen makes the best of what they have.

cNr1day

« Reply #5361 on: Oct 13, 2011, 05:28 AM »
looks like Saturday will bring out a nice leaf hatch!
"As that upper trough slides to our east for the upcoming weekend, cooler and more seasonable air will settle in over central New York.  While the cool down in and of itself would be a weather news maker, we’re getting indication that strong winds will likely be the big story Saturday.  The big pressure difference between a strong area of low pressure over the Great Lakes and a strong area of dry high pressure over the Midwest should place us in a good position to experience strong westerly winds Saturday.  Preliminarily, wind gusts of 40-50 mph are possible, which could be enough for some power outages.  We’ll certainly have more on this as Saturday approaches."

fishmaster13184

« Reply #5362 on: Oct 13, 2011, 06:53 AM »
But Saturday is opening day of bow for us :-[

waterwolf603

« Reply #5363 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:21 AM »
I forgot my password haha and finally had to get in on the action its been a longgg time since I have logged in here, how has the fishing been I haven't been able to get up yet this fall I was in Pulaski in April and had a great trip with the fly rod my 2nd time out I landed 4 steelies (not bad for me)... Headinig out to the western part of the state in November for some browns I have yet to catch any pigs.
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #5364 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:58 AM »
hey trap, think the poachers are shooting deer out of necessity to feed their family or for sport ? same goes for salmon.
folks I know fish for salmon, I mean "fish" for them as sport not so much necessity for food.  Also know folks who "harvest" venison to feed their family and not for sport. To me they are not the same and my license fees are better spent watching the folks who do it for so called sport.. just sayin..

ripple  theres  a  big  differance  a  man  can legally  shoot  5  deer in  the  state  of  new  york  before  getting  extra  tags  or  having a  permit  signed  over!  these  salmon are  dead   and   sorry  the  only  "sport" is  making  it  look like   the  fish hit ...  it's  crazy  and  foolish  ....  and  it's all about  money  ...  so  heres  20 bucks  leave  us  alone  ...go  stop  real  crime  ....  my opinion  ....  however  as  always   my opinion  is  100%  correct   :laugh:

and  just  so  you  are  on  the  same sheet  of  music  i  am  a  honest  flyfisherman ,i wouldn't eat a chinook salmon if you paid me ,and  my idea of sport  is  the enjoyment i get from helping  others have fun and laughing with my friends ,i just happen to be honest .... 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

SNAGGER

« Reply #5365 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:50 AM »

hey bigred...your box is full.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #5366 on: Oct 13, 2011, 09:00 AM »

hey bigred...your box is full.

cleaned 'er out 8)

SNAGGER

« Reply #5367 on: Oct 13, 2011, 09:07 AM »
looks like Saturday will bring out a nice leaf hatch!
"As that upper trough slides to our east for the upcoming weekend, cooler and more seasonable air will settle in over central New York.  While the cool down in and of itself would be a weather news maker, we’re getting indication that strong winds will likely be the big story Saturday.  The big pressure difference between a strong area of low pressure over the Great Lakes and a strong area of dry high pressure over the Midwest should place us in a good position to experience strong westerly winds Saturday.  Preliminarily, wind gusts of 40-50 mph are possible, which could be enough for some power outages.  We’ll certainly have more on this as Saturday approaches."

hey keep an eye on that upper level low over western Kentucky, if we get some sun tomorrow before it passes by, maybe we could ignite some thunderstorms, we got about a third of an inch of rain last night....not enough to do anything, but got the ground ready for tomorrows posible heavy rains...could get interesting around here!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

jersey dave

« Reply #5368 on: Oct 13, 2011, 09:30 AM »
sounds like I should take friday off and get up there asap then snagger. You think its gonna be that good friday and saturday?? Jiggawhopper just called me said he went 3 for 6 on steelies this am already with a 14 pound male and Jamie went 1 for 3 on them as well
Jersey Dave

SNAGGER

« Reply #5369 on: Oct 13, 2011, 09:36 AM »
sounds like I should take friday off and get up there asap then snagger. You think its gonna be that good friday and saturday?? Jiggawhopper just called me said he went 3 for 6 on steelies this am already with a 14 pound male and Jamie went 1 for 3 on them as well

rain or no rain, the salmon half to come at this point, you know steelhead run in pockets, so a bonanza is always just around the next bend this time of year. ;)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.