FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084270 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5415 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:02 PM »
roy  only  when  there  biting!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

NYtrout27

« Reply #5416 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:07 PM »
I guess I am "naive" for lack of a better word.  That might be why the last day I fished I went home with a sore back and zero fish landed.  I had two on all day.
"Nothing grows faster than a fish from when it bites until it gets away."

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #5417 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:10 PM »
best of both worlds trap

cool picture right there. i saw one swim in from the islands into spruce grove but its antlers fell off ::) ;D

hooker

« Reply #5418 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:36 PM »
Anyone fish down low today, just wondering how did. Fish still coming up from the DSR?

ripple

« Reply #5419 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:38 PM »
fillet i  forgot  to mention  the    deer  on last years  lic    from  sept  27  to  oct  1  up north  with a  bow  but  rip  is  still   on  3  deer  and  wondering  about  people   starving  in  new  york  ......   guess  i'll  go  get  some  more  salmon  while  there  biting 

The guys are right, it is a fishing thread so my last words.. Trap you are 100% wrong.  3 deer are your legal issued tags and that is based on having a bow or muzzle license.. You are assuming that you hit the lottery on the DMP ( I did not) and you are assuming there is a 2 permit for the area, there are not in many areas and NONE in the ADK's. As for the last years license, that only can be used if you did not already harvest your 1 and only allowed Buck in the Northern zone..
Do you really think folks that cant afford the high cost of groceries and gas are going to leave their yard and travel to the "city" to hunt with steaks walking through the front door ? I think not. The herds are stronger then ever with the economy and job market at it's lowest point.. Those who can support their family but "jack" deer I have no respect. Those who need to feed their family by means of nature I do. We see things different and thats ok, you & I hunt, fish for sport . I do so within fair chase , only harvest what I intend to consume and am fine with being beat by the game because salmon do strike.

Sorry folks for putting you through that..

Stormy_NY

« Reply #5420 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:41 PM »
So ...I lost my fly box full of flies ... hooked a fish ....popped off lead comes back and breaks the tip off my Sage .... But I had a hell of a day ....After the morning ...I worked for every fish in the afternoon ... landed my first steelie ....

Dr Love walked in on the other side and blew it up ......   :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :flag:

NYtrout27

« Reply #5421 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Sounds like a heck of a morning.  Those are the ones you remember tho.  Congrats on the steel!!!

Dr. Love???
"Nothing grows faster than a fish from when it bites until it gets away."

trapper2000

« Reply #5422 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:51 PM »
wrong  again  rip  and   either  you  are  not  reading  or   just  not  paying  attention  i  SAID  IT  IS  POSSIABLE  TO KILL  OVER  5  DEER  IN NEW  YOUk  LEGAL  !!!  and  you  started   whining  about  poor  people  and  some  other  non  sence  ...  state  wide     rip  you  can  hunt  deer  in  new  york  from  sept  27  till jan  31 you  can  get  unlimited   permits !  in  westchester  and  soffock  countys .

you  can  get  a    lic   one  tag  usually    used  as a   buck  tag  

you  can  get  2  doe  permits!  

you  can  get  2  primitive  hunting  tags

you  can  get  the  nov  second  chance  dmp's  2

you  can  be  given  2  dmp's

then  the  unlimited   dmp's  in  westchester  and  soffock  countys  ....  this  is  pretty  eas   stuff  you  do  know  how  to  use   google  and  the  DEC  web  site  right?

ps  i'm  poor  too   instead  of   jacking  deer  can i rob  a  bank????

and  rip  i  have  never   heard  of  a  family  starving  todeath  in  new  york  state  ....  that    excuse  is   pretty  old ....  and  no  one   buys it

trapper2000

« Reply #5423 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:52 PM »
stormy  you  need  flys  for  the  morning  pm  me  man  i'll  hook  ya  up   but  you'll  be  buying  coffee ;D

fishmaster13184

« Reply #5424 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:57 PM »
I legally take about 15 deer a year  ;D but my tags allow 5 and i have unlimited access to nuisance doe tags. I donate about 10/yr

Stormy_NY

« Reply #5425 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:58 PM »
Enough about the frigging deer already .....

fishshack

« Reply #5426 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:59 PM »
I skipped out of work today and fished up high. Lots of salmon (and people) around up top. Walked a lot and fished a bunch of spots. The annual leaf hatch has begun and I sure it'll get worse after the wind predicted for Sat. There are salmon all over. I also saw quite a few nice steelies get caught.  I think it's going to be another banner winter for them. I managed to get this one. All in all- a great way to spend the day.

trapper2000

« Reply #5427 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:00 PM »
stormy  you  do  realize  if  ya  was  deer  huntin  ya  woulda   never  lost  yer  fly  box  :rotflol: :w00t:

neilc

« Reply #5428 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:07 PM »
wabbitt seazon,,,,

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5429 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:59 PM »
I skipped out of work today and fished up high. Lots of salmon (and people) around up top. Walked a lot and fished a bunch of spots. The annual leaf hatch has begun and I sure it'll get worse after the wind predicted for Sat. There are salmon all over. I also saw quite a few nice steelies get caught.  I think it's going to be another banner winter for them. I managed to get this one. All in all- a great way to spend the day.

Nice size one Fishshack...know that spot well.. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.