FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084262 times)

steelie24

• Hooked since first steel - 1965
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5745 on: Oct 23, 2011, 12:59 PM »
some days fishing is like this... :D :D :D

[img][/img]

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #5746 on: Oct 23, 2011, 02:46 PM »
some days fishing is like this... :D :D :D

[img][/img]

lmaoo :D :D
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5747 on: Oct 23, 2011, 05:05 PM »
look at the teeth marks on the side of this fish!

Your aweful quiet Frank, a birdie told me you had a BIG day today!!!! :o :o  I grabbed my CP and ran across the street an hour ago , 4 good solid steelhead hook ups in 20-30 minutes, it felt good, rocketships.... landed one around 9lbs.. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishthefalls123

« Reply #5748 on: Oct 23, 2011, 06:56 PM »
great reports here guys and shane i belive 20-30min a a couple good hook ups and landing a 9lbs to boot i say thats a good power fishing time  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

SNAGGER

« Reply #5749 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:04 PM »
great reports here guys and shane i belive 20-30min a a couple good hook ups and landing a 9lbs to boot i say thats a good power fishing time  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

If there ever was a 2 week timeframe in steelhead history to be on the Salmon River, it's the next 2 weeks...I've been stuck on my property like a prison for the last 5 weeks and have heard the great reports, but today I got to witness it for the second time in 3 days. The first one was Friday am at the town rapiids and now in Altmar, saw many steelies hooked up while I was over there.  LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!  This is going to be an epic week!!!!! ;D :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishthefalls123

« Reply #5750 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:15 PM »
If there ever was a 2 week timeframe in steelhead history to be on the Salmon River, it's the next 2 weeks...I've been stuck on my property like a prison for the last 5 weeks and have heard the great reports, but today I got to witness it for the second time in 3 days. The first one was Friday am at the town rapiids and now in Altmar, saw many steelies hooked up while I was over there.  LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!  This is going to be an epic week!!!!!

^^^ extend that time for another week or so!. me and bob (fishgalore) will be up there nov 11,12,13th

SNAGGER

« Reply #5751 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:26 PM »
^^^ extend that time for another week or so!. me and bob (fishgalore) will be up there nov 11,12,13th

Oh theres lots of great fishin coming man , all depends on weather now, got 2 storms to watch this week, res. is getting close to being full....alot of interesting stuff coming, I'll miss most this week's action, but I'm going to try to get 2 hours in every day somewhere...I'm ready for some wind and snow...bring it on!!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #5752 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:27 PM »
         Your aweful quiet Frank, a birdie told me you had a BIG day today!!!! :o :o  I grabbed my CP and ran across the street an hour ago , 4 good solid steelhead hook ups in 20-30 minutes, it felt good, rocketships.... landed one around 9lbs.. ;D
I would have had a bigger day day Snag, if I wasn't drooling on myself. I was having A LOT of trouble with hooks pulling out, line snapping off, If these big dime bright bullets weren't fighting me so hard! The big ones are there way!
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

« Reply #5753 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:29 PM »
I would have had a bigger day day Snag, if I wasn't drooling on myself. I was having A LOT of trouble with hooks pulling out and line snapping off as these big dime bright bullets weren't fighting me so hard! The big ones are there way!

I want numbers!!! give us the numbers man!!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #5754 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:39 PM »
 I want numbers!!! give us the numbers man!!!!
I hooked around 20 this morning with a friend from Oswego, He hooked about 30. it was singles and doubles for us all morning long. then Floatfisher came down around 9:30am, with a couple of his friends and it still was silly. I netted one of his Fish and then I was locked in and then his friend locked into one. it slowed down about 11:30 then moved up to the bottom staircase and there they where! All bright fish!! My arm is cramping! :D
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

« Reply #5755 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:41 PM »
I hooked around 20 this morning with a friend from Oswego, He hooked about 30. it was singles and doubles for us all morning long. then Floatfisher came down around 9:30am, with a couple of his friends and it still was silly. I netted one of his Fish and then I was locked in and then his friend locked into one. it slowed down about 11:30 then moved up to the bottom staircase and there they where! All bright fish!! My arm is cramping! :D

50-80 steel hook ups between buddies for a mornings effort....that's hard too take.. you lucky SOB!!!! ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #5756 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:49 PM »
They are so hard to land in this warm water. The big ones forget it. Every fish I hook that was over 10lbs went back to the lake! lol. these fish are sliver and white no pink tint at all. There coming your way soon. I will say in Two days altmar will be smoking!

SNAGGER

« Reply #5757 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:53 PM »
They are so hard to land in this warm water. The big ones forget it. Every fish I hook that was over 10lbs went back to the lake! lol. these fish are sliver and white no pink tint at all. There coming your way soon. I will say in Two days altmar will be smoking!
 I had a couple of those black back chromers tonight, only thing missing was sea lice. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #5758 on: Oct 23, 2011, 08:00 PM »
 I had a couple of those black back chromers tonight, only thing missing was sea lice. ;D
;) ;) ;)

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #5759 on: Oct 23, 2011, 08:03 PM »
I was having a goodtime for sure! I was Rainman happy! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.