FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084363 times)

esox v

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5850 on: Oct 26, 2011, 08:45 AM »
Steelheads are salmon though so does that count towards the 3 salmon limit,
Go read the Book of regulations that came with your fishing licence  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) un friggen real  ::) ::)
ZIPPY.... Snagged fish do not count twords your limit because they must be released !!  You got to stop chewing on them lead split shots man !! 
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

lakerdave

« Reply #5851 on: Oct 26, 2011, 08:52 AM »
I agree with what you guys are saying totally and in my opinion Steelies are God's gift to fisherman and its a fishery that needs to be protected like fishgalore said we are all conservationists... on a side note any more browns coming into the river and has the cold front hit you guys yet we are expecting lows of 28 F on thursday down here
browns have been down low for a while . Last week I landed 4 my buddie landed 2 monsters .and  I see a few more get landed around all out of one little hole .  All were  on the bigger side. I have landed 9 allready  . I'm sure with this cold and rain theres a lot coming in right now .  Looks like lots of rain here tomarrow so I will have the day off . To fish , last year  I was up there this week and there was a huge push of browns  . Landed my pb. salmon river brown 15 pounds .

waterwolf603

« Reply #5852 on: Oct 26, 2011, 08:57 AM »
browns have been down low for a while . Last week I landed 4 my buddie landed 2 monsters .and  I see a few more get landed around all out of one little hole .  All were  on the bigger side. I have landed 9 allready  . I'm sure with this cold and rain theres a lot coming in right now .  Looks like lots of rain here tomarrow so I will have the day off . To fish , last year  I was up there this week and there was a huge push of browns  . Landed my pb. salmon river brown 15 pounds .

Thats a beast! my pb brown is only like 3lbs and change and that was through the ice haha looks like the timing might be just right for the trip, let me know how you do if you go out tomoro.
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

esox v

« Reply #5853 on: Oct 26, 2011, 09:02 AM »
  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:  I've seen  people so dumb they can't even snag fish !! They should be able to apply for a pass similar to a handicapable pass !! The pass will give them exclusive access to the upper and lower fly zones !!  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

jersey dave

« Reply #5854 on: Oct 26, 2011, 09:05 AM »
CO

I believe I answered the meat color question a few pages back for you.
Jersey Dave

Steve...

« Reply #5855 on: Oct 26, 2011, 09:16 AM »
Why do people appraise the steelhead so much over kings? it's fine to snag kings just because they don't bite, but if you can't get the steelhead to bite then it isn't ok to snag t keeping the fish.

To each there own i suppose, but i liked to think im a better fisherman then that

lehigh vally

« Reply #5856 on: Oct 26, 2011, 09:48 AM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:  I've seen  people so dumb they can't even snag fish !! They should be able to apply for a pass similar to a handicapable pass !! The pass will give them exclusive access to the upper and lower fly zones !!  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
  Upper and lower fly zone, if there that dumb give-um a pass to fish the race way at the hatchery :D :D :D  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

esox v

« Reply #5857 on: Oct 26, 2011, 10:45 AM »
  Upper and lower fly zone, if there that dumb give-um a pass to fish the race way at the hatchery :D :D :D  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: You know that show are you smarter than a 5th grader..... I was thinking of starting a local outdoor show..... Can't you out fish and 8 year old !! My kid and Nephew against random Creektards !!!! Them kids can do legal hook ups all day long !! 

chrony59

« Reply #5858 on: Oct 26, 2011, 11:00 AM »
Where is Snagger with the accurate reports ?

lehigh vally

« Reply #5859 on: Oct 26, 2011, 11:13 AM »
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: You know that show are you smarter than a 5th grader..... I was thinking of starting a local outdoor show..... Can't you out fish and 8 year old !! My kid and Nephew against random Creektards !!!! Them kids can do legal hook ups all day long !! 
  Ive watched Big Jerry's 9 year old son drifting with a 9 1/2' fly rod on the big river not the creeks and hooking up by him self, didn't need much coaching eather, kid's  a natural, same thing with Dave's son Anthony, put the rod in the kids hands and watch um go to work!!!! ;D ;D   

lakerdave

« Reply #5860 on: Oct 26, 2011, 11:29 AM »
The report is that the river is completely loaded with fish and has been for 2 months . Fresh chromers and  browns coming in every day .

kowboy

« Reply #5861 on: Oct 26, 2011, 11:44 AM »
Hey conook, get off your high horse and go fish. Plain
and simple, everyone puts this fishery under a microscope.
let's be real its put and take for salmon. Steelhead are also put and take,
although they run the river, eat salmon egge, spawn and go back to the lake
simple as that. Don't complicate things and get folks all stirred up.
just go out and fish. I am not gonna police crap, not worth getting into it with someone over a fish. Plain and simple. Go fishing how you want and leave the fine print out of it.
thank u nf. I was excited to get on and c in th2 days I haven't ben able to get on and what do I c but bla bla bla very little on ur fishing sucess or just fishing days on the river. Guys don't feed in to the bull just ignore it works for me.  Hopefully the next time on will b pics and good times with good friends

lehigh vally

« Reply #5862 on: Oct 26, 2011, 01:36 PM »
thank u nf. I was excited to get on and c in th2 days I haven't ben able to get on and what do I c but bla bla bla very little on ur fishing sucess or just fishing days on the river. Guys don't feed in to the bull just ignore it works for me.  Hopefully the next time on will b pics and good times with good friends
ill be in town this weekend Kowboy so check the thread Sunday or Monday I'm sure ill find something intresting to shoot!!! ;D

fishhooker

« Reply #5863 on: Oct 26, 2011, 02:07 PM »
I checked out Dawn's webcam today and thought something was strange.  The sun was shining, yet the weather channel said it was overcast.  There were two guys wading shirtless as well. Hmmmmm. The real kicker was watching the guy on shore tackle a salmon swimming in low water.

For future reference I don't think Dawns cam is "live", I think she made a feed or something and runs a loop. 
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

fishhooker

« Reply #5864 on: Oct 26, 2011, 02:08 PM »
oh, I forgot to mention there wasn't a leaf in the river either...
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.