FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084088 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5940 on: Oct 29, 2011, 04:50 PM »
i  grab  a  coffee  in  15  minutes  i  can  be  at  the  oswego   salmon  shop  or  little  salmon  river     another  10  be  at  salmon  river ..... 15  minutes  i  can  be  at  big  bay   the     river   is  5  minutes  away   .....  i  live  in  fishermans  paradise  ...i  have  brook  trout  within a  5  minute  walk  (and  i'm old)   ....thats  why  i  put  up  with  the  snow  ....  
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fisher7450

• If theres a fish in the water I'll fish it
« Reply #5941 on: Oct 29, 2011, 05:10 PM »
the snow can stay away but ice is nice  ;D
A Great Fishermen doesn't need the best equipment.
A Great Fishermen makes the best of what they have.

lehigh vally

« Reply #5942 on: Oct 29, 2011, 05:12 PM »
Started out down town this morning and did pretty good early on then slowed to a crawl so we moved up river and hit a few spots and got into some chrome...not a bad day over all just had to keep on the move, to any one traveling in Pineville or Altmar the new Pineville bridge is finally open, got a few scene pic's for ya no fish tonight

dmntd169

« Reply #5943 on: Oct 29, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Haha wish I lived closer . I'm 3 hours away to the closest one

same here...

if I was only 2 hours away I'd probably be there 2-3x a week  :D
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

duffy

« Reply #5944 on: Oct 29, 2011, 06:39 PM »
Nice pics LV, good to see you and Snagger today. 8)

FreezinGator

« Reply #5945 on: Oct 29, 2011, 07:04 PM »
i  grab  a  coffee  in  15  minutes  i  can  be  at  the  oswego   salmon  shop  or  little  salmon  river     another  10  be  at  salmon  river ..... 15  minutes  i  can  be  at  big  bay   the     river   is  5  minutes  away   .....  i  live  in  fishermans  paradise  ...i  have  brook  trout  within a  5  minute  walk  (and  i'm old)   ....thats  why  i  put  up  with  the  snow  ....  

I am about 3 hrs away but I would put up with the snow for that  ;D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  - Ben Franklin

nightfisher

« Reply #5946 on: Oct 29, 2011, 07:35 PM »
Nice pics LV, good to see you and Snagger today. 8)
  good to see you made it home ok. just saw the news down home. biggest oct. snowfall in recorded history,
 along with the wettest. heard 9 inches on the ground at home and we're leading the south east with
3500 calls for trees down and power outages. and i'm stuck here in Altmar winterizing the house.  ;D 
Maybe I'l fish tomorrow

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #5947 on: Oct 29, 2011, 07:49 PM »
  good to see you made it home ok. just saw the news down home. biggest oct. snowfall in recorded history,
 along with the wettest. heard 9 inches on the ground at home and we're leading the south east with
3500 calls for trees down and power outages. and i'm stuck here in Altmar winterizing the house.  ;D 
Maybe I'l fish tomorrow

I've got at least 6" so far in my yard, just took the snowmobile for a ride down the street lol
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

lakerdave

« Reply #5948 on: Oct 29, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Nice man wish I could take mine out

duffy

« Reply #5949 on: Oct 29, 2011, 09:29 PM »
Only a couple of inches of snow in our part of Bradford co., but the roads from Binghamton to here were a mess. Sorry about the fishing tomm.lol ;D

wiredstone

« Reply #5950 on: Oct 30, 2011, 05:44 AM »
Maybe I'l fish tomorrow

Our power went off at least 12 times yesterday. Snowed all day and only 1" on the ground. We got lucky again. Just NE. OF US THEY GOT 19"
wooo fish on. Never mind

Fetzer1

« Reply #5951 on: Oct 30, 2011, 07:05 AM »
I have trees down everywhere. power is out and they say it will stay out well in to the week. Trees are on wires and laying in the road about 200 yds down my street. Last night I stood in my yard and could hear trees crashing down in all directions every 10 seconds. F-in crazy!!!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5952 on: Oct 30, 2011, 07:52 AM »
  Not for nothing, but we were all cracking up this morning in the living room when Jim Cantore was reporting 9.7 inches in Harrisburg and there was no plow marks and green grass in the background, then they go to Nj. and another guy is reporting 19 inches and I can see grass there too, no plow marks...funny media world we live in.... ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #5953 on: Oct 30, 2011, 07:58 AM »
do  you  think  global  warming  will  kick  in  or  should  i  put  the  shorts  and  tank  tops  away ?????
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

esox v

« Reply #5954 on: Oct 30, 2011, 09:42 AM »
 Not for nothing, but we were all cracking up this morning in the living room when Jim Cantore was reporting 9.7 inches in Harrisburg and there was no plow marks and green grass in the background, then they go to Nj. and another guy is reporting 19 inches and I can see grass there too, no plow marks...funny media world we live in.... ;D
It's about making the story and not reporting the news....
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.