FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084309 times)

bobber down

• king jiggler
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5985 on: Nov 01, 2011, 07:12 PM »
Hay Kev, its only Tuesday   :w00t:   just kidding around, if i was away as long as you have i would be packing 2 days early to  :D :D  Good luck!!! ;)
If i had all your money n free time i'de be heading up every wknd instead of every other one. Lol
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5986 on: Nov 01, 2011, 07:17 PM »
               Put a couple half days in the river today and yesterday finally. Weather was awesome but fishin was kind of strange.  Yesterday did a quick drift trip with Northwoods... Got on the River right after they dropped it too 335cfs around 130, so the fish were in a funk... Very few hook ups til we got below the trestle around the can, did well from there through the head of the snag  the snag and the island and ended the evening with a refrigerator hole blitz... I landed 4 for 10 on steelhead with an accidental salmon and a brown too, Dave .. Mark and his buddy did well too, mostly floats and beads , but bounced some sac's as well when the fish got funky..

Today I walked around Altmar, first 1 1/2 hours I bottom bounced sac's in the bubbles above the barrel.., had 12 hook ups ..... but every single fish did like 3 head shakes and spit the hook, it drove me nuts....I could not for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong... so I walked back to the house and grabbed the CP, a new 11 6 raven to try out.... hit the school and the wires, absolutely had a blast ..... ended up going 4 for 14 in less than 2 hours, bringing the afternoon total to 26 hook ups on steel.. Had a true monster probably over 17lbs get off after a good 7 minute battle, shook it's head and broke my 5lb. drennan right near shore....  Awesome 2 days to get the rust out,,,...fishin is tricky with the low clear water....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fisher7450

• If theres a fish in the water I'll fish it
« Reply #5987 on: Nov 01, 2011, 07:24 PM »
low and clear I might have to take a short ride in the morning  ;)
A Great Fishermen doesn't need the best equipment.
A Great Fishermen makes the best of what they have.

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #5988 on: Nov 01, 2011, 08:40 PM »
PRAY FOR RAIN CAN'T TAKE THIS LOW WATER STUFF!!!!!! MAN I'M GLAD I HAVE A PLASTIC BOTTOM THIS BOAT WOULD BE TORE UP!!!! BEEN GOOD FISHING AND TONS OF STEEL LIKE SNAG SAID THEY WERE IN A FUNK!!!!!
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

the_mad_iceman

• I can't put my arms down!
« Reply #5989 on: Nov 01, 2011, 09:17 PM »
I was in a funk as well, good fishing with Snagger, Lambastem, and Northwoods!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5990 on: Nov 01, 2011, 09:32 PM »
I was in a funk as well, good fishing with Snagger, Lambastem, and Northwoods!

Funk"  wholy cow, I had to just leave the run and walk away I was so upset with myself, went home regrouped and took off again...much better the second trip out for me...great fishin with you too John. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishgalore

« Reply #5991 on: Nov 02, 2011, 02:43 AM »
Up high

Thanks for the response. Glad to hear your group had some nice days hookin up! Snagg and the gang! :thumbup_smilie: :flex:

lehigh vally

« Reply #5992 on: Nov 02, 2011, 06:44 AM »
If i had all your money n free time i'de be heading up every wknd instead of every other one. Lol
If some one would drive up with me every week or every other week i might go every weekend  :whistling: :whistling:  just to much in gas, i spend more on gas than any other expense for a weekend of fishing ???

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #5993 on: Nov 02, 2011, 11:01 AM »
If some one would drive up with me every week or every other week i might go every weekend  :whistling: :whistling:  just to much in gas, i spend more on gas than any other expense for a weekend of fishing ???

If you lived closer to me I would do it, but we are in opposite directions. Thats my biggest issue is the $100 in gas i spend both ways.... My truck is a guzzler..... :-(
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

Santo180

« Reply #5994 on: Nov 02, 2011, 11:06 AM »
Yeah really....I live in NY and the gas to get there and back is the ONLY reason I haven't fished it.  Hard to believe gas was once 82 cents a gallon in my liftime....I'm only 33

lehigh vally

« Reply #5995 on: Nov 02, 2011, 12:24 PM »
If you lived closer to me I would do it, but we are in opposite directions. Thats my biggest issue is the $100 in gas i spend both ways.... My truck is a guzzler..... :-(
i have been driving my 2000 Nissan Maxima up and back so far this season, its a little more reasonable on gas but its a really nice car and i hate to fish out of it but some times we do things we don't like to do to get what we want  ;D

jersey dave

« Reply #5996 on: Nov 02, 2011, 12:29 PM »
I think I will be looking for a small gas saver to take up there. I have been driving my 2010 challenger up there this season and the gas is one thing but the mud and fish smell in the car and water from the waders is another thing all together.
Jersey Dave

waterwolf603

« Reply #5997 on: Nov 02, 2011, 01:25 PM »
get a 4 banger tacoma 4x4
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

lehigh vally

« Reply #5998 on: Nov 02, 2011, 01:35 PM »
I think I will be looking for a small gas saver to take up there. I have been driving my 2010 challenger up there this season and the gas is one thing but the mud and fish smell in the car and water from the waders is another thing all together.
I think that's a good idea JD that car is way to nice to be fishing out of  ;) 

lehigh vally

« Reply #5999 on: Nov 02, 2011, 01:41 PM »
get a 4 banger tacoma 4x4
  Ive been thinking  about getting rid of my 1993 Toyota sr5 and getting a 05 or may be an 06 if i can afford it, still haven't come to terms with my self to let it go. Bought it brand new in 93 and took really good care of it and its still in relatively good shape, it needs some work but its the gas milage that's keeping me from using it this season ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.