FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084241 times)

waterwolf603

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6000 on: Nov 02, 2011, 03:06 PM »
I hear ya man I have a tacoma but the 4.0 liter and its great on gas compared to other trucks but it still drinks its share on the 6 hr ride to pulaski, should be able to find a 4 banger with the 4x4 package at a fair price and you cant kill the toyota engines, as im sure you know being a toyota owner yourself.
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #6001 on: Nov 02, 2011, 03:49 PM »
I hear ya man I have a tacoma but the 4.0 liter and its great on gas compared to other trucks but it still drinks its share on the 6 hr ride to pulaski, should be able to find a 4 banger with the 4x4 package at a fair price and you cant kill the toyota engines, as im sure you know being a toyota owner yourself.

whats a fair price? Any 4x4 decent tacoma with reasonable miles (less than 100k) around here is well over $15k.

As for the SR, I will up be there sat and sun this weekend. ;D

lehigh vally

« Reply #6002 on: Nov 02, 2011, 03:52 PM »
 I have 137.000 on mine and the engine is the best part of the truck, shore it has some rust and needs some repairs but it still runs good. Changed oil every 3000 miles used mobile 1 after 1000 mile brake in...if it wasn't for the bad milage i wouldn't get rid of it. Its not really the truck's fault its the fact that I'm forced to use an inferior fuel than we ever had to run. When i first got the truck i was running Sunoco ultra 94 and was getting over 20 miles per gallon and was only paying 1.45 in 93 :o well never see that again or a more quality fuel for our cars, if anything the quality will only get worse as crude supply runs out.

kowboy

« Reply #6003 on: Nov 02, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Great pic of the rainbow and that brown snag was off the hook. Got warm here in illinois its 70s so has shut the deer movement down might half to go do some catfishing tonight after my hunters get in. Thanks for the reading again guys. Just like u snag never giving up and analizing all that goes on, then making aplan great job

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #6004 on: Nov 02, 2011, 05:55 PM »
If you want to keep your nice car from smelling fishy.  Get yourselves a cheap rug (with a rubber bottom) or a rubber floor mat to keep in the trunk.  Put all your wet or fishy stuff on that.  You can pick em them up cheap at the dollar general.

wiredstone

« Reply #6005 on: Nov 02, 2011, 06:09 PM »
If some one would drive up with me every week or every other week i might go every weekend  :whistling: :whistling:  just to much in gas, i spend more on gas than any other expense for a weekend of fishing ???
I know. ::) We will hook up yet this year. With work, kids, and snowmobile I have had no time. Plan on coming up more this winter. I will be ready for ice. At least I can get a quick trip in this week. ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6006 on: Nov 02, 2011, 06:30 PM »
            After yesterday, I didn't think it could get much better, but boy was I wrong... I feel like a kid right now, This afternoon was probably some the fastest steelhead action I've ever expierienced... I went fishing with a bunch of guys and we all split up in the woods but me and my buddy Eric Pritchard stumbled on to a hot pod of steelhead, We were pretty much by ourselves ....
        I was running floats and he was bouncing bottom, my first 6 casts was 6 steelhead on and so were his. After about a dozen steelhead with more than half landed on floats, I had to strip it off, my buddy Eric was absolutely on fire, he was tearing it up. So I switched to bottom with my Cp, for an hour and a half we had double after double, it was silly..I have no idea how many we hooked, probably 60 or more maybe.
        The highlight of my afternoon was I hooked the biggest steelhead of my life, easilly 23-24lbs, and yes Laker Dave you were right and I was wrong, I am realising this as I've fished the last few days, that you were right..... there are alot of large fish this year... At first I thought it was a bright king as it jumped over and over til I seen the tell tale black back white belly with that distinct line...It was a 15 minute grinding back breaking battle before it got hung up on a rock and rubbed my line and broke...I was so depressed, it was the most exciting thing that's happened to me on the River in over a decade... I'll never forget that fish ... it was so thick and atleast 40 inches long....   What a day, then Northwoods drove up on me at around 5pm and we hit another 8 or so on floats til dark on a little drift...What a day...I'll never forget it as long as I live...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #6007 on: Nov 02, 2011, 06:34 PM »
sounds like a monster fish Snagger and a great day. about time you got to enjoy the river a little 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)work sucks but i got to fish for an hour after work at my honey hole and got 19 crappies and 25 gills right up to dark. all released. what a great time of the year to fish. 8)

fishgalore

« Reply #6008 on: Nov 02, 2011, 06:36 PM »
           After yesterday, I didn't think it could get much better, but boy was I wrong... I feel like a kid right now, This afternoon was probably some the fastest steelhead action I've ever expierienced... I went fishing with a bunch of guys and we all split up in the woods but me and my buddy Eric Pritchard stumbled on to a hot pod of steelhead, We were pretty much by ourselves ....
        I was running floats and he was bouncing bottom, my first 6 casts was 6 steelhead on and so were his. After about a dozen steelhead with more than half landed on floats, I had to strip it off, my buddy Eric was absolutely on fire, he was tearing it up. So I switched to bottom with my Cp, for an hour and a half we had double after double, it was silly..I have no idea how many we hooked, probably 60 or more maybe.
        The highlight of my afternoon was I hooked the biggest steelhead of my life, easilly 23-24lbs, and yes Laker Dave you were right and I was wrong, I am realising this as I've fished the last few days, that you were right..... there are alot of large fish this year... At first I thought it was a bright king as it jumped over and over til I seen the tell tale black back white belly with that distinct line...It was a 15 minute grinding back breaking battle before it got hung up on a rock and rubbed my line and broke...I was so depressed, it was the most exciting thing that's happened to me on the River in over a decade... I'll never forget that fish ... it was so thick and atleast 40 inches long....   What a day, then Northwoods drove up on me at around 5pm and we hit another 8 or so on floats til dark on a little drift...What a day...I'll never forget it as long as I live...

That's awesome Snag..........I can't get the images of the big ones I had on out of my head either. They would have been the catch of a lifetime. Some big Steelies this year for sure.

wiredstone

« Reply #6009 on: Nov 02, 2011, 06:40 PM »
I will stop over Friday. Maybe you can come out and play ;D Hope to get you down for walleye Friday. Bobber down is meeting me there.
wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

« Reply #6010 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:17 PM »
I will stop over Friday. Maybe you can come out and play ;D Hope to get you down for walleye Friday. Bobber down is meeting me there.

Friday's a work day for me, but I might be able to pull off a walleye run.... we'll see.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #6011 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Sounds like that you had a hot day Snagger! Esoxv was up there today too... Sound like the River is loaded up again with Steelheads!! or are they Rainbows? you can't tell them apart anyways! ;) ;) ;) :laugh: ;D
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

yarn em in

« Reply #6012 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:46 PM »
 shane & dave i will be up in the morning ill stop by around 830

roonster227

« Reply #6013 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:58 PM »
Great report Snagger, you run into any browns?

SNAGGER

« Reply #6014 on: Nov 02, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Great report Snagger, you run into any browns?

My buddy got a nice on his first cast, that would be the last...actually a spent hen.....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.