FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084318 times)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6075 on: Nov 09, 2011, 09:47 AM »
BINGO!!!! Good to hear everyone is slammin the steelys! Wish i had the money to get up there and hook a few. Havent worked in a while. Might have to stick to oneida for now. Keep the pics coming guys!  :thumbup_smilie:
Nice job findin em

lakerdave

« Reply #6076 on: Nov 09, 2011, 03:35 PM »
Fished mid river today ,slow for me , managed one for two. On the cp with tiny bags . I was despite even tryed to bottom bounce with it . Like snag said . I couldn't figure it out . Switched back to the float with a blue bag and first cast nailed one .

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6077 on: Nov 10, 2011, 11:21 AM »

We recieved very little rain this morning...We've gone almost 2 weeks with no rain..... creeks and tribs are at very low water levels for this time of year....Looks like an upper level low over Canada just might try and save us late tonight and tomorrow in the form of lake effect snow/rain bands off a warm Lake Ontario...We'll have see how it unfolds, the Tug could get a quick dump of snow if the bands stay put........very short event, then back to "Indian summer again...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #6078 on: Nov 10, 2011, 01:32 PM »

We recieved very little rain this morning...We've gone almost 2 weeks with no rain..... creeks and tribs are at very low water levels for this time of year....Looks like an upper level low over Canada just might try and save us late tonight and tomorrow in the form of lake effect snow/rain bands off a warm Lake Ontario...We'll have see how it unfolds, the Tug could get a quick dump of snow if the bands stay put........very short event, then back to "Indian summer again...

What is the river running at? 350ish?

Hope all of you are well, been quiet lately, im away from home working in Maryland. Will be up to Pulaski on the 20th though!!! :-)

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

fishgalore

« Reply #6079 on: Nov 10, 2011, 03:59 PM »
By 1:15 pm today Gillripper1 was 3 for 10 on the bead with the CP. That's the report I received. No pics yet.

fishshack

« Reply #6080 on: Nov 10, 2011, 06:09 PM »
Got a late start (9:30am) and floated from Altmar to Pineville. Managed to get a few but the bite was definately slow for us. Saw a few brutes get landed but the overall consensus from the guys I spoke to is that today was somewhat slow. I tried sacks, beads, and pink worms.  It was a nice day on the river though.

SNAGGER

« Reply #6081 on: Nov 10, 2011, 09:45 PM »
          I took this week off from fishin Scott, been getting property work done this week for winter, today did some ice fishin research for this upcoming season.
      I've had some guys here this week, not alot, but they are hitting fish...being the waters low, it's about timing, like in April after the snows done melting..
       Drift boat traffic is at a peak and you half to plan your pool hopping accordingly if you fish upriver..down river is a little easier, but walking and access is tougher...If you think before you throw your line in, you'll hit much better numbers than just going to where you enjoy to fish.
       My good friend Glen landed 2 this morning and said the guy next to him did 5 for 11 by 11am...had another guy yesterday land 5...not hot and heavy like 2 weeks ago, but it aint shabby..... ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #6082 on: Nov 11, 2011, 04:12 AM »
         I took this week off from fishin Scott, been getting property work done this week for winter, today did some ice fishin research for this upcoming season.
      I've had some guys here this week, not alot, but they are hitting fish...being the waters low, it's about timing, like in April after the snows done melting..
       Drift boat traffic is at a peak and you half to plan your pool hopping accordingly if you fish upriver..down river is a little easier, but walking and access is tougher...If you think before you throw your line in, you'll hit much better numbers than just going to where you enjoy to fish.
       My good friend Glen landed 2 this morning and said the guy next to him did 5 for 11 by 11am...had another guy yesterday land 5...not hot and heavy like 2 weeks ago, but it aint shabby..... ;D

Thanks Shane,
I'll be calling you before I get up there and we can touch base. I heard you guys may have gotten some snow last night...crazy fall we have had with this weather.

It doesn't look like any significant rainfall in our or your future....but I hope that changes.

-Scott
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

« Reply #6083 on: Nov 11, 2011, 07:10 AM »

First accumulating snow of the season..lightning on the radar over Parish.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #6084 on: Nov 11, 2011, 07:41 AM »
was snowing down here at a pretty good clip...on and off now.

was up at the salmon on Tuesday, fished from day break till around 1pm mid river. Was swinging flies with the two hander, running some floats and doing a lot of walking. seemed to be active fish in just about every spot that looked even remotely fishy. no bruisers but got to play with quite a few, even got into a nice coho, not huge....thought it may have been a big brownie the way it was fighting. had to play the skip around driftboat game for a while..but it gave me the chance to cover a lot of water.

had a little trouble with the camera...didnt realize that there was a switch on the SD card that actually locked it. Was going to take some pictures on tuesday, pulled the camera out and it said that the card was locked and I had now idea what that meant, and I wasnt about to open it up on the side of the river with wet hands.

pretty soon and some of us will be blazing a trail through the snow near the river or on the lake to get to our favorite winter spots.

wiredstone

« Reply #6085 on: Nov 11, 2011, 07:47 AM »

First accumulating snow of the season..lightning on the radar over Parish.

Wow ,you are up early ! See you next friday. Give Dave my  cell# ,his pm box is full. Maybe early ice this year :thumbup_smilie:
wooo fish on. Never mind

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #6086 on: Nov 11, 2011, 08:23 AM »
just got some thunder with this snow...cool.

SNAGGER

« Reply #6087 on: Nov 11, 2011, 08:46 AM »
just got some thunder with this snow...cool.

It didn't knock the crowds down...heres lookin out my kitchen window.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

wiredstone

« Reply #6088 on: Nov 11, 2011, 08:50 AM »
Wow , it looks like Salmon season. Its only Friday. Allot of people must have off for Vets day.
wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

« Reply #6089 on: Nov 11, 2011, 08:55 AM »
Wow , it looks like Salmon season. Its only Friday. Allot of people must have off for Vets day.

It's looked like that for the last 10 days Kevin...well actually even before that, but those guys in October were salmon snaggers, I can fish around them very easy, they leave the good runs open to steelheaders like myself... ;)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.