FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084286 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6120 on: Nov 12, 2011, 08:27 PM »
How big was the atlantic ? I still haven't got one out of a trib.

it was little ...... about 2 1/2 lbs.  looked like a little hook jawed snake
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6121 on: Nov 12, 2011, 08:30 PM »
  Hey snag..  How's frank from tucson and jay doing this week?  hope it's better for them this year..

They just got here, they should have a good week, if the crowds just thin a bit, tons of fish all over man...when you coming back out, just aint November without the "Maine boys" here.. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lehigh vally

« Reply #6122 on: Nov 12, 2011, 09:24 PM »
Fished the lower staircase today with a few friends from the lodge, everyone reported having good action all over the run with fresh chrome and a few browns mixed in i even landed a silver king this morning...got a few pic's from today for ya   :w00t:

nightfisher

« Reply #6123 on: Nov 12, 2011, 09:37 PM »
 Good pics Rob. took the week off to work on my farmhouse here at home. Headin back up Monday or Tuesday to get the new heater
running in the Munsters House.  ;D

duffy

« Reply #6124 on: Nov 12, 2011, 09:40 PM »
Be up this week too ;D

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #6125 on: Nov 12, 2011, 10:26 PM »
Great Bunch of fish/pics Lehigh Valley!  ;) I cant wait to get back over there! ;D

wiredstone

« Reply #6126 on: Nov 13, 2011, 06:28 AM »
Nice pics as always LV.  ;) See you guys this weekend.
wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

« Reply #6127 on: Nov 13, 2011, 10:02 AM »

Just took a drive to Pineville and back, wow cars on both sides of the road at the "Frig" pool, so I stopped...counted..get this , 31 guys in the frig/island pools...never seen that in my life, more than salmon season....47 vehicles at pineville...I don't half to tell you what Altmar looks like...incredible...I'm not complaining, just making an observation.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #6128 on: Nov 13, 2011, 04:08 PM »
They got to go home eventually!!! lol

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

vogel451

« Reply #6129 on: Nov 13, 2011, 05:37 PM »
I was asked to post this picture here on this thread.
Fish came from cayuga lake:

Fished from shore saturday night, Did real well and limited out in an hour.  Also got a new personal best LL!!!  Rainbow Crocidiles worked like a charm.  Largest was 7lb 2oz

21" 22" and 29" LL's 

-Mclovin out

yarn em in

« Reply #6130 on: Nov 13, 2011, 05:38 PM »
nice pics lv. might make it for thanksgiving.will have to hook up

dimebrite

« Reply #6131 on: Nov 13, 2011, 06:38 PM »
      Just took a drive to Pineville and back, wow cars on both sides of the road at the "Frig" pool, so I stopped...counted..get this , 31 guys in the frig/island pools...never seen that in my life, more than salmon season....47 vehicles at pineville...I don't half to tell you what Altmar looks like...incredible...I'm not complaining, just making an observation.

Well a lucky guy like yourself can pick and choose your time on the water ;) for the weekend/planned trip guys I feel bad... I remember quiet mid november days years back... the past ten years have definitely changed that; especially the most recent 2 or 3.... in a way it makes it slightly less appealing to me; heck; 3 years ago in early february there was a -15 morning and there were still 4 boats and about 25 bank guys in sight by the wire and school house... times have changed for sure...

SNAGGER

« Reply #6132 on: Nov 13, 2011, 06:58 PM »
Well a lucky guy like yourself can pick and choose your time on the water ;) for the weekend/planned trip guys I feel bad... I remember quiet mid november days years back... the past ten years have definitely changed that; especially the most recent 2 or 3.... in a way it makes it slightly less appealing to me; heck; 3 years ago in early february there was a -15 morning and there were still 4 boats and about 25 bank guys in sight by the wire and school house... times have changed for sure...

Man back in the 90's if you seen 2 or 3 vehicles out my kitchen window in January, I'd say to my buddies , ah let's have some beers , wait til later ... til the people get out of the schoolhouse.... ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

dimebrite

« Reply #6133 on: Nov 13, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Yeah snag; steelheading used to be full of solitude; I started in 1990 as a young boy; the early/mid 90's definitely spoiled me in many ways...

Dark Cloud

« Reply #6134 on: Nov 13, 2011, 07:25 PM »
  Man back in the 90's if you seen 2 or 3 vehicles out my kitchen window in January, I'd say to my buddies , ah let's have some beers , wait til later ... til the people get out of the schoolhouse.... ;D

Back in the mid 90's I floated from Altmar to P'ville with a buddy a few days before christmas. Saw no driftboats and about 6 folks...

I think the increase in people is because of a bunch of reasons. Obviously steel numbers are up bigtime, SAL-o-mon snaggers figured out they can snag steel to, steelhead with a bobber - "so easy a caveman can do it", most people like to blame the internet but im not so quick to do that...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.