FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084159 times)

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6210 on: Nov 15, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Snag you need to check out the new ice rods by Fenwick.man are they sweet. 5 guides on a 26 inch rod. Feels just as good as my st Croix

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6211 on: Nov 15, 2011, 09:36 PM »
 What was it called, I'll look for it on satelite..lance said Jimmy dense was the guide.

Hey Adam what fish finder do you run on the ice? , I'm thinking about picking up a marcum as back up to my lowrances, seen they are made in the USA...
Team E Outdoors

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6212 on: Nov 15, 2011, 09:37 PM »
Snag you need to check out the new ice rods by Fenwick.man are they sweet. 5 guides on a 26 inch rod. Feels just as good as my st Croix
 just ordered 3 the 24..25 and 27inchers.  got the flueger last week, also ordered the ice blue pro to try.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6213 on: Nov 15, 2011, 09:38 PM »
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6214 on: Nov 15, 2011, 09:46 PM »
How about a steelhead report you goons! :P ;D--KP

Hey Kp, I took 2 runs down with Markie, I litterally seen more steelhead with my eyes then I've probably ever seen, but since then, like 2 weeks, the fish have become stail , best word to describe them. They are everywhere, but they are very educated, lots of trickery needed to consistantly get good numbers....We need a water release , even if only for a couple days just to refresh things and erase there little pea brains a bit, there there, just need to use all your skills to find and fool them.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

adam2000

« Reply #6215 on: Nov 15, 2011, 09:52 PM »
 just ordered 3 the 24..25 and 27inchers.  got the flueger last week, also ordered the ice blue pro to try.
3 fenwicks? U see the gary roach ones? Has a pad that touches the blank. No more index finger pointing atriaght out up on the blank. Pretty slick idea. Lifetime Warranty

nightfisher

« Reply #6216 on: Nov 15, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Went 1 for 4 in an hour with the pin today, a few hits in every run, but they'd get used to the color quick and shut off.

SNAGGER

« Reply #6217 on: Nov 15, 2011, 10:08 PM »
3 fenwicks? U see the gary roach ones? Has a pad that touches the blank. No more index finger pointing atriaght out up on the blank. Pretty slick idea. Lifetime Warranty
  Yep 3 fenwicks, I'm pretty good with rods, but always looking for a new hot one, I got the ones I been using since I started, one has a hole for touching the blank.  ;)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #6218 on: Nov 15, 2011, 10:10 PM »
Went 1 for 4 in an hour with the pin today, a few hits in every run, but they'd get used to the color quick and shut off.

your back up here Jim?  Must be nice to be retired.  :w00t:  Guys in the Cabin did pretty good today at a spot your famillar with.. ;)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

adam2000

« Reply #6219 on: Nov 15, 2011, 10:13 PM »
 your back up here Jim?  Must be nice to be retired.  :w00t:  Guys in the Cabin did pretty good today at a spot your famillar with.. ;)
oh no jim more guys in there. Jim remember that phone call I gave john in oct and said get here now? Been crushing them there. 15-20 hook ups in a cpl hrs time. Pm me

duffy

« Reply #6220 on: Nov 16, 2011, 06:08 AM »
Forget it nf he dosen't answer his pms,lol see ya tonight

nightfisher

« Reply #6221 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:11 AM »
Forget it nf he doesn't answer his pms,lol see ya tonight
Haven't got a new PM since Oct. 10th. maybe its broken.  ::) Maybe when I added you to my buddy list I hit ignore instead. whoops  :whistling:       Retired ? I wish. At least when I had my shop I new
what my schedule was. While you guys were talking it up for 4 pages I was down in the dungeon installing a new
gas furnace. Next is spackleing,wiring and so on. Then back home to try and finish up the farmhouse I've been
working on for years, in my spare time. LOL  Yea well, I'll sleep when I'm dead. ;D
   Seriously, it is great not to be tied to a schedule. It's nice to be able to drop everything and bail to the woods or water.

griz104

« Reply #6222 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:14 AM »
I just got a hell of a deal on a Brand New Islander Fly Reel and being i have way more then i need... have one for sale..Brand new Pflueger Trion 1990..Will let it go for 65 bucks and include shipping if need be..Still in the box with all paperwork..If interested shoot me a PM..

duffy

« Reply #6223 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:27 AM »
Was talking bout adam, sent him a pm the other day, maybe it never went through  :-\

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #6224 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:59 AM »

Adam and Snag,
This is what I got for lakers out here in NH and Maine....love this thing!!!! I need to find a nice baitcaster reel for it it though, I dont like the small spinning reel I have on it, doesnt hold enough line for me in deeper holes.

http://www.daiwa.com/Rod/detail.aspx?id=213&parentid=226

-Scott
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.