FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084105 times)

cNr1day

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6240 on: Nov 16, 2011, 01:48 PM »
http://www.9wsyr.com/content/weather/neradar_loop.aspx
Crappy - rain is moving to the east, missing the tug and the river

lehigh vally

« Reply #6241 on: Nov 16, 2011, 03:00 PM »
Ive been the  IT Manager for the past 6 years....it is blocked at the firewall, but its at the corporate level, I couldnt even have my local admins who report to me change it.... :cursing: :cursing:
Well then your locked out on that computer...guess they don't want you watching video's all day.

onefly

« Reply #6242 on: Nov 16, 2011, 11:38 PM »
I shot a bunch of video over this weekend's trip so i cut out the best parts and put them together in a short movie. I'm still working on the salmon season video   ::)   I should have something to show soon, check this one out for now  ;D  

Nice video LV.  Good weekend!  Thanks for leaving the pics, I got them this time. 

lehigh vally

« Reply #6243 on: Nov 17, 2011, 06:21 AM »

good to hear you got them this time,  are you coming up next week?

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6244 on: Nov 17, 2011, 10:15 AM »

Just started snowing hard and theres like 6 guys walking up the schoolhouse trail back to there cars. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #6245 on: Nov 17, 2011, 10:19 AM »

Just started snowing hard and theres like 6 guys walking up the schoolhouse trail back to there cars. ;D

thats awesome!   NY S. Zone Deer opener is Saturday, so the crowds should be greatly reduced.   

SNAGGER

« Reply #6246 on: Nov 17, 2011, 10:22 AM »
thats awesome!   NY S. Zone Deer opener is Saturday, so the crowds should be greatly reduced.   

We'll see..parking lot is full .... 25+ cars I can see right now.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #6247 on: Nov 17, 2011, 10:24 AM »
Guys,
Who is the best Taxidemist in the area? I used Dave Fish for my steelhed mount I caught last year..and while its not bad...its certainly not great....anyone else have suggestions? Im hoping for a Brown on this trip and would like to see if here are any good recommendations BigRedFishing gave me an idea but the person is on the west coast. f there was someone local that does good work I would prefer to go that route.

thanks!!
-Scott
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

« Reply #6248 on: Nov 17, 2011, 10:28 AM »
Guys,
Who is the best Taxidemist in the area? I used Dave Fish for my steelhed mount I caught last year..and while its not bad...its certainly not great....anyone else have suggestions? Im hoping for a Brown on this trip and would like to see if here are any good recommendations BigRedFishing gave me an idea but the person is on the west coast. f there was someone local that does good work I would prefer to go that route.

thanks!!
-Scott

My favorite steelhead mount is at stonies campground, its a beautiful 25lber, looks so natural, not real shiny and fake looking , perfect green with light spots, but I think Dave Fish did it.  I been trying to buy it off Mike for years, but he won't sell it... ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #6249 on: Nov 17, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Guys,

thanks!!
-Scott
fish wish does great work but youll forget you caught the thing by the time you get it back

SNAGGER

« Reply #6250 on: Nov 17, 2011, 11:59 AM »

Parking lot went from 25+ cars to 3 since it started snowing. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #6251 on: Nov 17, 2011, 12:10 PM »
had a nite like that at the s.s. launch on oneida.....must have been 15 guys chuckin stix for eyes...th snow moved in pretty good, next thing u know its just me and this other guy left.  I said to him hey man u cant even see that island anymore........he giggled looked behind us and said screw that u cant see shore :o   we each got a couple and had a pretty good nite in the blizzard....which i had some pics.       I am sure u guys up there pray for the bad weather to weed out some of the crowds eh ;)

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

SNAGGER

« Reply #6252 on: Nov 17, 2011, 01:04 PM »

Redfield Res. is about 4 1/2 feet down.... needs to gain around 2 1/2 feet before a water release.
          The rumors of a water drop, were just that, Res. looked pretty normal too me,
                a little low for this time of year, but not extreme by any means.

Been snowing for about 3 hours in Altmar, it's now starting to stick....

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

steelie24

• Hooked since first steel - 1965
« Reply #6253 on: Nov 17, 2011, 01:15 PM »
Must be time to start fishing... ;D ;D ;D ;D

fishshack

« Reply #6254 on: Nov 17, 2011, 01:17 PM »
Nice Shane....... It's not officially steelhead season until there is white stuff on the ground.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.