FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084206 times)

Smells Like Fish NH

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6255 on: Nov 17, 2011, 01:34 PM »
  My favorite steelhead mount is at stonies campground, its a beautiful 25lber, looks so natural, not real shiny and fake looking , perfect green with light spots, but I think Dave Fish did it.  I been trying to buy it off Mike for years, but he won't sell it... ;D

Maybe he does browns better? Hmmmmmm

Thanks Shane
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6256 on: Nov 17, 2011, 07:04 PM »

Good cloud to ground lightning bolts cracking right now in the snow, got one with my video camera....real blue flashes and loud thunder.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lpv89

« Reply #6257 on: Nov 17, 2011, 09:19 PM »
ill be in Pulaski tomorrow morning around 11 am! got the day off of work so i can spend two days on S.R. looking forward to the good company ive heard about your place Shane. will see you tomorrow night once it gets dark
Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

SNAGGER

« Reply #6258 on: Nov 17, 2011, 09:40 PM »
ill be in Pulaski tomorrow morning around 11 am! got the day off of work so i can spend two days on S.R. looking forward to the good company ive heard about your place Shane. will see you tomorrow night once it gets dark

I had to find my shovels from last year, Snow is heavy and wet, like pushing around wet cement...would have been great water for the Res. , but The "Tug" that drains to the res. got missed by this event........  too bad ...... alot of water content in this early lake effect snow......

you'll be hitting it good, should keep a few guys away.
                Don't wait til dark, stop by after your first spot..I'll give a few things to try.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #6259 on: Nov 17, 2011, 09:43 PM »
Nice video...other than the first 2 guys drop kicking their fish up on the bank and the third not knowing how to use a net ! ::) ::) ;D ;D
::) ::) ::)maybe this guy should meet OLEG and then he probably would not say much about how he nets! ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

lpv89

« Reply #6260 on: Nov 17, 2011, 09:45 PM »
Sounds good thanks again Shane! can not wait to fish.

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #6261 on: Nov 17, 2011, 09:45 PM »
hey shane   might be up next weekend   will pm you about it   thanks    WALLEYE WAS GREAT    (YUMMMMMMM)    RICK
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6262 on: Nov 17, 2011, 09:50 PM »
hey shane   might be up next weekend   will pm you about it   thanks    WALLEYE WAS GREAT    (YUMMMMMMM)    RICK
  I just cleaned out my freezer and found a bunch more, hooked up that chest freezer danbo gave me in the woodstove room....Now I got lots of room for ice eyes...I thought the net job was great , wish I was there..very comical... ;D  Oleg was a WWF wrestler, think he used to beat on the "Iron Sheik" with sergent slaughter..... :w00t:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

lpv89

« Reply #6263 on: Nov 17, 2011, 09:57 PM »
  I just cleaned out my freezer and found a bunch more, hooked up that chest freezer danbo gave me in the woodstove room....Now I got lots of room for ice eyes...I thought the net job was great , wish I was there..very comical... ;D  Oleg was a WWF wrestler, think he used to beat on the "Iron Sheik" with sergent slaughter..... :w00t:
oh wow im young and i know who those guys are!

lpv89

« Reply #6264 on: Nov 17, 2011, 10:04 PM »
hoping all this snow you guys are getting will bring the river up just a little bit for this weekend!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6265 on: Nov 17, 2011, 11:05 PM »
hoping all this snow you guys are getting will bring the river up just a little bit for this weekend!

This Snow is heavy and wet lpv89 , like pushing around wet cement...would have been great water for the Res. , but The "Tug" that drains to the reservoir got missed by the heaviest snows in this event........about 3-4 inches around here, mostly graupel, not snow.  My rain gauge looks like it has an easy 3/8's of an inch of water once melted, we'll see...that's about a 10 inches of snow to 1 inch of rain ratio...quite wet.... the ground is very warm and this snow is melting as fast as it falls, so there will be little change to the River flows or tributaries nearby, the snow should just gradually disperse into the water tables the next day or 2.[color]

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishhooker

« Reply #6266 on: Nov 17, 2011, 11:27 PM »
I finally finished my write-up from our salmon trip in october. Here's the link:

http://artrafus.blogspot.com/2011/11/salmon-river-bloodbath.html?spref=fb
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #6267 on: Nov 17, 2011, 11:37 PM »
She was giving them all handjobs! Funny stuff

fishhooker

« Reply #6268 on: Nov 18, 2011, 12:05 AM »
Denise, I believe was her name.  I got home from the trip and bought a spey rod...
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #6269 on: Nov 18, 2011, 02:32 AM »
I finally finished my write-up from our salmon trip in october. Here's the link:

http://artrafus.blogspot.com/2011/11/salmon-river-bloodbath.html?spref=fb

that was a very good read and awsome pics i hope your quest for steel is a good one
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.