FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084330 times)

KingPerch

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6300 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:05 AM »
        I just re watched the video...no wrestling, he flipped it on the bank quickly, as for the gils, close call . looks like he was holding it like I hold walleye, firm grip to the gill plate,  the bone part...but without touching the actual gills...foul hooked with a bobber, it can happen, but highly unlikely last week, they were hitting good.  my 2 cents   Brian's a good man, I 've known him a long time, he knows how to fish , walk the river, and land fish, as for the steelhead and the other guys, they had alot of fun, there not salmon river pro's yet, but getting there and it was fun watching them have a good time..good guys as well ..... I cleaned those fish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTIN4AcebUM--KP ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

esox v

« Reply #6301 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:14 AM »
blah blah blah            save a fish, kill a deer    :-\ ;D
Or.... kill em both and have surf and turf !! ;D ;D ;D
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

monic20

« Reply #6302 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:35 AM »
Or.... kill em both and have surf and turf !! ;D ;D ;D

yum i love venison and lobster...     ;D ;D

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #6303 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:43 AM »
Ohhhh an innernet tuf guy!  sweet!    don't worry I got pm's describing the types of people some of you are.  Go right ahead and do that, I'll contact dec.  Will you be my daddy?  I have to pee, will you let me tough guy?

appropriate name there yarn em in, keep snagging away!

You don't have a lot of friends do you? Or maybe you just needed more hugs as a child??
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

esox v

« Reply #6304 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:45 AM »
yum i love venison and lobster...     ;D ;D
 NO WAY Monic !!   Lobsters must be treated with the utmost respect and returned to the water immediately unharmed!! Lobsters have feeling too you know !!   :rotflol: :rotflol:

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

jona

« Reply #6305 on: Nov 19, 2011, 10:07 AM »
You don't have a lot of friends do you? Or maybe you just needed more hugs as a child??

Will you hug me?   :'( :'(

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6306 on: Nov 19, 2011, 10:20 AM »
Ohhhh an innernet tuf guy!  sweet!    don't worry I got pm's describing the types of people some of you are.  Go right ahead and do that, I'll contact dec.  Will you be my daddy?  I have to pee, will you let me tough guy?

appropriate name there yarn em in, keep snagging away!

Hey Jona, I tried to be nice about this, but yarn em in is really good friend of mine who I've fished with for over 16 years, he was fishing with a float and CP , meanwhile 20 guys with flyline were flossing and snagging all around him..one of those fly guys waded waiste deep into my run because I hooked a fish, then I proceaded to landed 7 for 10 while this guy frothed my water and covered the pool I was fishing with fly line trying to make it difficult for me to fish, I been fishing this River a long time, no one will out cast me or push me out of a run........... I beginning to wonder now if that guy was you, green flyline with a green strike indicator, this guy got zero, when the rest of us did 20.. If not lighten up man, your suppose to enjoy life man ....dig yourelf as I my hippie uncle used to say. :D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6307 on: Nov 19, 2011, 10:31 AM »

good going Jona LV just deleted all his you tube vids... I've had it with the internet, Think I'm done too....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6308 on: Nov 19, 2011, 10:34 AM »
I finally finished my write-up from our salmon trip in october. Here's the link:

http://artrafus.blogspot.com/2011/11/salmon-river-bloodbath.html?spref=fb

Oh before I take my vacation, nice read man......I really enjoyed it. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #6309 on: Nov 19, 2011, 10:36 AM »
That guy never posts much, and if I recall his last set of posts was ranting and raving about something too....he just likes to ****censored word**** and moan, just go fish and enjoy life.....walking around being a dick is no way to live....
well put

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #6310 on: Nov 19, 2011, 10:40 AM »

good going Jona LV just deleted all his you tube vids... I've had it with the internet, Think I'm done too....
dude I hear ya, but for our neck of the woods u r prob the most informed poster on mff, quality info, scientific explainations, willing to help out others even if u dont know them.  thanx for everything past present and future.    dont let the few d bags on here frustrate you.......the rest of us look forward to your posts!

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

jona

« Reply #6311 on: Nov 19, 2011, 10:42 AM »
        Hey Jona, I tried to be nice about this, but yarn em in is really good friend of mine who I've fished with for over 16 years, he was fishing with a float and CP , meanwhile 20 guys with flyline were flossing and snagging all around him..one of those fly guys waded waiste deep into my run because I hooked a fish, then I proceaded to landed 7 for 10 while this guy frothed my water and covered the pool I was fishing with fly line trying to make it difficult for me to fish, I been fishing this River a long time, no one will out cast me or push me out of a run........... I beginning to wonder now if that guy was you, green flyline with a green strike indicator, this guy got zero, when the rest of us did 20.. If not lighten up man, your suppose to enjoy life man ....dig yourelf as I my hippie uncle used to say. :D

Don't worry snagger, I'm 100% cool with you.  You're the one and only person that makes this thread useful.  I get irritated when I see things I don't like, especially borderline illegal- if you look in the video, he takes the hook out of it's back.  In such a case as far as I'm aware protocol is point the rod at it and break it off, or get it quick to you and remove the hook in the water.  I WILL call people out on it, no matter how many people try to pull the tough guy act.  If it's really worth it for them, go ahead and attack me on the river like the Mahoneys.  If it makes them feel better, fine.  I'm perfectly content with my actions.  And no, you got the wrong guy.  I'll never pretend to be a great fisherman, especially out there.  People do and will outfish me, in fact in previous posts I say I suck.  You know my buddy, he'll tell you how he makes fun of me for going away from the crowds to not interfere with others, but also just to have a little more room.  If it means little to no fish, I'm perfectly content standing on the river.  But like I said  I will call people out on their actions and have before.  And I won't back down to internet tough guys, or the same 7-8 western NY guys that do absolutely nothing but stir the pot.

If the guy deleted his videos, that's his choice.  Judging by the comments on his video, I'm not the only one that had a problem with it.  And don't worry you don't have to leave, I'm sure the "group" will conspire to get me kicked off for having an opinion that doesn't go with them, while I get called a d!ck, d bag,  and other bleeped words.  I realize I'm not in the in crowd.

For the rest of you I'm done, I said what I needed to.  Go ahead and flame away, I'll get more laughs at so called sportsmen.  I may/may not be out there Monday.  Feel free to beat me up, if it makes you feel better.

fishgalore

« Reply #6312 on: Nov 19, 2011, 10:45 AM »
If and or when provoked........ people respond............that means just about everyone.  "don't worry I got pm's describing the types of people some of you are."  Emotions can easily run high and especially when the fingers do the talking and no immediate consequences occurr. The mods can help here.

Jona.......don't believe everything your told...........make certain you test it out first.

I've got no beef if someone wants to call the DEC for something that is an obvious violation and especially if you tactfully confront them about it. Just remember, that the BS that's happening down at Penn State right now is happening in part because some didn't open their mouths when they should have done so.

SNAGGER, I like your style, very tactful and considerate. All of us can learn a bit from your approach. I've had some problems in the past on a girls youth fastpitch site with another ahole Dad. Violence doesn't solve the problem at all it makes it worse. I can guarantee that.............you hit me..............I do something back worse. Maybe not right then and there but eventually. Look at Israel and Palestine.

When an opinion about something varies and in this case it does (I didn't see anything wrong in the vid especially since I don't have a net and beach my own fish) IMO...... let it go. It's not a clean cut issue. I accidentally snagged a Steelie last Saturday in the dorsal fin. Most would likely have tried to break it off I guess but I wanted my fly back. It's one I tied. I fought the fish downstream (declaring a foul hooked fish was on) about 900' before I could beach it and get the hook out. Now some idiots might have thought:- look at this ahole fighting a foul hooked fish. But they had no clue of my intent and it really isn't any of their business. I let the fish go. If I had crossed the line and kept the fish and someone called the DEC shame on me not them.

esox v

« Reply #6313 on: Nov 19, 2011, 12:09 PM »
 And the whinny Little Do good-er pukes appear to have won yet again !! :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

esox v

« Reply #6314 on: Nov 19, 2011, 12:13 PM »
 Why would you not want to land your illegally hooked fish.... Remove your JUNK from it's body and release it ??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.