FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084120 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6435 on: Nov 22, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Just barely started dropping from the sky - light...it's rain. Temp reading here at 38-40. I think the upper layer temps are high enough that it's going to stay as rain around here - you will probably get a couple inches on the front and backsides up on the river.
Anyway, looking good on radar. Excellent gulf connection funneling up a lot of tropical moisture. We could get a nice thump of rain

Forgot about warm air aloft, that's why I'm not a meterorologist....should be some sleet then too.....look at this radar, look how the precip expands as it approaches, signs of a well developed storm and getting stronger as it aproaches, good mamattus clouds at sunset. I'd say an inch is a shoe in.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=43.55679321&lon=-76.12863922&zoom=8&pin=Pulaski%2c%20NY&type=hyb&rad=1&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=0&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0  
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

yarn em in

« Reply #6436 on: Nov 22, 2011, 05:47 PM »
hope u get the inch but two would b better.let me know what happens  im ready to get back

SNAGGER

« Reply #6437 on: Nov 22, 2011, 06:02 PM »
hope u get the inch but two would b better.let me know what happens  im ready to get back
 It's already raining hard way ahead of the storm...lookin good...This could be the storm that gets this river going again.

These yellows over us developed in place in the last 15 minutes...good sign of things to come.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #6438 on: Nov 22, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Been doing the rain dance since this afternoon!

bcons

« Reply #6439 on: Nov 22, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Rain dance fine & good luck, anyone starts doing the snow dance & I might have to run you over with a _________.  Bring on the rain, Bring on the cold temps, lets have a great fall, keep the snow until we have at least 6" of ice!!!
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6440 on: Nov 22, 2011, 07:37 PM »
Rain dance fine & good luck, anyone starts doing the snow dance & I might have to run you over with a _________.  Bring on the rain, Bring on the cold temps, lets have a great fall, keep the snow until we have at least 6" of ice!!!

NO SNOW
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

SNAGGER

« Reply #6441 on: Nov 22, 2011, 11:26 PM »
          Been getting hammered with heavy rains for the last 3 hours....this is the storm we have been waiting for all month...whether we get a water release or not or when?.... doesn't really matter ....the tribs should be pumping enough the next couple of days regardless, jump starting the steelhead fishing down river first, then upriver...
      Plus we are going into an unusual indian summer period as well... how nice would it be too fish your favorite creek out west for browns/steel, hit the oz...hit your favorite creek for steelhead  around here or fish this river at 750cfs and be sunny and 60 degrees....heaven....everything is lookin good for central ny. ;D...... ;D

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

waterwolf603

« Reply #6442 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:31 AM »
that would be excellent
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

SNAGGER

« Reply #6443 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:43 AM »

Just checked to see how much rain we got.... 1.7 inches.... any other year that might have caused some flooding, but this year being so dry, it should just about get us back to normal..I would expect the River stays at 335cfs, being the Redfield res. was so low, but you never know..regardless, ... I see pineville's gauge is already headed for 600 cfs from runoff, so it will get things rolling no matter what.. it was a very cold rain, 36-38 degrees, so don't expect big pushes of steel, just some re shuffling of the ones already in the systems and some bonus freshie's...probably have to wait a few days when it really warms up to see new movement of steel in our other favorite tribs.  ;)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

yarn em in

« Reply #6444 on: Nov 23, 2011, 09:01 AM »
i can't wait going to have to give the deer a break and kill some fish

SNAGGER

« Reply #6445 on: Nov 23, 2011, 09:28 AM »
i can't wait going to have to give the deer a break and kill some fish

I knew it..........  LV got in from Pa. this morning....he's already on the River......all my waders leak..I'll figure something out, I aint missing this. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

yarn em in

« Reply #6446 on: Nov 23, 2011, 09:34 AM »
    I knew it..........  LV got in from Pa. this morning....he's already on the River......all my waders leak..I'll figure something out, I aint missing this. ;D
let me know how u guys do i may leave in the morning

SNAGGER

« Reply #6447 on: Nov 23, 2011, 09:36 AM »
let me know how u guys do i may leave in the morning
  check out this gauge...i love it....

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

monic20

« Reply #6448 on: Nov 23, 2011, 09:57 AM »
Looking good Shane  for some good fishing on some tribs.....

esox v

« Reply #6449 on: Nov 23, 2011, 11:22 AM »
 Sure is !! All the Fingerlakes tribs are Flooded... took the day off today to work....Rest of the week should be great !! Done really well in very high water in the past...  
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.