FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084310 times)

KingPerch

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6465 on: Nov 24, 2011, 09:16 PM »
THANKS  YOU TOO!!!!! HEAD OF THE GOON COMMITEE!!!!!!
:P
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6466 on: Nov 24, 2011, 11:04 PM »

Got insomnia, so got looking at the weather sites, very warm weather for the next 3 days, then a rain event sunday night, with it being so close to this last rainfall and not a cold rain this time, a real steelhead bonanza could be in the making for early to mid next week.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Dark Cloud

« Reply #6467 on: Nov 24, 2011, 11:09 PM »
 Got insomnia, so got looking at the weather sites, very warm weather for the next 3 days, then a rain event sunday night, with it being so close to this last rainfall and not a cold rain this time, a real steelhead bonanza could be in the making for early to mid next week.

That sounds nice! Im up on the 1st!!!
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Special Ed

« Reply #6468 on: Nov 24, 2011, 11:36 PM »
That sounds nice! Im up on the 1st!!!
I'm up on the bar stool  :-X :D

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #6469 on: Nov 25, 2011, 09:42 AM »
Slow down low early yesterday morning.  Fished longbridge and staircase.  Then shot up to 2a.  Didn't seem like anybody was doing anything.  Took a ride to grindstone, heard it blew from the rain.  Hit up a couple spots and didn't do anything.  Ended up at selkirk and fished the mouth.  My buddy hooked a ratty coho and a small bow floating jigs in the frog water. 

Drifter_016

« Reply #6470 on: Nov 25, 2011, 11:18 AM »

Alot of fun, Rob came up with a contraption where he mounted his camera on a hat, I wore it on my head for 8 minutes and filmed 2 of my steelhead taking the bobbers down, pretty cool stuff..Nice day out, I had fun as always, guys here did well today all over.

Soooooo, lets see the video Shane!!!!  ;D
Everything's all froze up here and I haven't seen a float drop in over a month and am having withdrawls!!!!  LOL

fishgalore

« Reply #6471 on: Nov 25, 2011, 02:18 PM »
Soooooo, lets see the video Shane!!!!  ;D
Everything's all froze up here and I haven't seen a float drop in over a month and am having withdrawls!!!!  LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to ya. You may not know this but about 10 pages back LV deleted all of his vids. Someone didn't like a thing or two and all hell broke out over it. So he deleted them all and won't be posting them anymore. I'd bet they might be able to send it to you via a pm. Check with Shane on that.

Cheers and enjoy those ice encampments fit for a King!  ;)  That's the wildest most prepared set up I've ever seen!  :o :bowdown: :clapping:

SNAGGER

« Reply #6472 on: Nov 25, 2011, 04:05 PM »
               Fished the Salmon River with my buddy brian this afternoon ..yarn em in on here ...All I can say is crazy stuff, an absolute clinic today, fish were hot and hungry, I ended up landing 13 for 21 in 3 hours on floats with the CP, all good battles, no on and offs today...one giant one around 16lbs I released and a loose domestic around 11 lbs I kept... At sunset I actually got bored of fighting them and left..Really great day.....I think Brian went 11 for 22 for the day, he was a destroyer today.  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

wiredstone

« Reply #6473 on: Nov 25, 2011, 04:51 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie: Wish I was there. Got my new garmin today. Spent the day learning it. ::)
wooo fish on. Never mind

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #6474 on: Nov 25, 2011, 05:39 PM »
ICE ICE BABY

KingPerch

« Reply #6475 on: Nov 25, 2011, 06:02 PM »
              Fished the Salmon River with my buddy brian this afternoon ..yarn em in on here ...All I can say is crazy stuff, an absolute clinic today, fish were hot and hungry, ended up landing 13 for 21 in 3 hours on floats with the CP, all good battles, no on and offs today...one giant one around 16lbs I released and a loose domestic around 11 lbs I kept... At sunset I actually got bored of fighting them and left..Really great day.....I think Brian went 11 for 22 for the day, he was a destroyer today.  ;D
Jr. and I made it out to the river today...alot of on and offs. Jr. had a nice battle, but, off it went. Didn't matter that we couldn't stick them hard today....another great day to be alive!! Good times buddy!! ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

« Reply #6476 on: Nov 25, 2011, 06:14 PM »

Glad you got out larry, it was a wonderful day to be alive  ...heres my new desktop, so many too choose from ....  LV spent 3 hours filming me and brian....

Loose domestic.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #6477 on: Nov 25, 2011, 08:55 PM »

Some more pics

Fresh chrome...When I backed up to land this one  ...... steelhead were moving up the rapids like they do in September..it was a bonified run, not just holding fish. They were moving , mid river should be good tomorrow.

Staircase at sunset, it was actually more crowded when we got there.

Me and brian...... fish on!!

more chrome

Fish on!!

Fish on!!!

Guys here at the lodge said the upper river was all new chrome too, they are moving up the River fast...good hook up numbers by all.

Schoolhouse chromer

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #6478 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:14 AM »
cool pics!!

wiredstone

« Reply #6479 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:16 AM »
Great pics as always. Looks to be a good winter for steelies. ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com