FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084296 times)

KingPerch

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6480 on: Nov 26, 2011, 07:50 AM »
 Some more pics

Fresh chrome...When I backed up to land this one  ...... steelhead were moving up the rapids like they do in September..it was a bonified run, not just holding fish. They were moving , mid river should be good tomorrow.

Staircase at sunset, it was actually more crowded when we got there.

Me and brian...... fish on!!

more chrome

Fish on!!

Fish on!!!

Guys here at the lodge said the upper river was all new chrome too, they are moving up the River fast...good hook up numbers by all.

Schoolhouse chromer

Hey Shane....look in the middle of that pic of the staircase!! That was Jr. and I fishing just before sunset. I looked downriver at one point and thought maybe that was you chasing a fish down, heading down river!! Strange...never saw you there!! Quite a few fish in that run though!! Guys behind us taking a picture of the fish one of them caught, we help net that one !! I have a yellow hat on and Jr. has a dark blue hat on just above the guy in the blue jacket.  Certainly were alot of guys fishing yesterday!!  FISH ON!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #6481 on: Nov 26, 2011, 07:53 AM »
 Glad you got out larry, it was a wonderful day to be alive  ...heres my new desktop, so many too choose from ....  LV spent 3 hours filming me and brian....

Loose domestic.

Great photo Shane!! LIFE IS GOOD!!--KP 8)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6482 on: Nov 26, 2011, 08:31 AM »
Hey Shane....look in the middle of that pic of the staircase!! That was Jr. and I fishing just before sunset. I looked downriver at one point and thought maybe that was you chasing a fish down, heading down river!! Strange...never saw you there!! Quite a few fish in that run though!! Guys behind us taking a picture of the fish one of them caught, we help net that one !! I have a yellow hat on and Jr. has a dark blue hat on just above the guy in the blue jacket.  Certainly were alot of guys fishing yesterday!!  FISH ON!--KP 8)
           Hey it is you guys. darn if I'd of known that ... I'd of come up to say hey..shoot... ;D

I love fishin all parts of the River, just I live in Altmar so tend to fish here more.. I sat around here for an hour after I did a drive to figure out where to go.. A guide on facebook sealed the deal, he was posting a pic every 13 minutes of some bomb chromers from the upper DSR, it looked like a bonified run, so we cut em off at the staircase...the plan worked, LV was there earlier and said it was slow, I told him not too worry they'll be there in the afternoon, 60 degree weather got them moving.

Today could be the most crowded I've EVER seen the River outside of Salmon Season.  I'll have to take a drive to find out...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6483 on: Nov 26, 2011, 08:44 AM »

Yep it is you  little blurry, not taken with the Nikon. Those fish are half way to Altmar now, they were hustling.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #6484 on: Nov 26, 2011, 08:50 AM »
Cool pics!  The staircase was the dead sea on t-giving morning.  We ran beads, salmon bags, brownie bags, jigs.  Nobody was getting shiot.  Glad you guys wailed on them!   8)

SNAGGER

« Reply #6485 on: Nov 26, 2011, 08:59 AM »
Cool pics!  The staircase was the dead sea on t-giving morning.  We ran beads, salmon bags, brownie bags, jigs.  Nobody was getting shiot.  Glad you guys wailed on them!   8)

I'll tell you what joe ...... the fishin was tough up til this rain .... alot of thought has been put into my spots and the guys staying here lately, cold low water is a bad combo......sounds like you were in between runs right after that cold rain , it happens... this unusual warm weather will have any and all fish for this fall season on the move the next 2-4 days, this is it.......we are set up nicely for the winter now, I was worried last week, but it all worked out as it usually does..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

KingPerch

« Reply #6486 on: Nov 26, 2011, 09:08 AM »
           Hey it is you guys. darn if I'd of known that ... I'd of come up to say hey..shoot... ;D

I love fishin all parts of the River, just I live in Altmar so tend to fish here more.. I sat around here for an hour after I did a drive to figure out where to go.. A guide on facebook sealed the deal, he was posting a pic every 13 minutes of some bomb chromers from the upper DSR, it looked like a bonified run, so we cut em off at the staircase...the plan worked, LV was there earlier and said it was slow, I told him not too worry they'll be there in the afternoon, 60 degree weather got them moving.

Today could be the most crowded I've EVER seen the River outside of Salmon Season.  I'll have to take a drive to find out...
We are learning the river more and more...thanks to you and the regulars!!!! We have a GREAT fishery!!  End of story! ;D--KP 8)

soulstream

« Reply #6487 on: Nov 26, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Wow! missed it by by that much :flex:

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6488 on: Nov 26, 2011, 01:31 PM »

Got my 1st on the bead today with Deadeyes in Altmar ! What a show that fish put on 4 jumps in about a min. Also helped a nice old feller land his 1st ever not bad for about 45 mins. of fishin . Beautiful weather has the crowd out in full force and the fish a lil skittish . Good to see ya Snag. thanks for the lesson  ;D

Dark Cloud

« Reply #6489 on: Nov 26, 2011, 02:10 PM »
Snag - I see Tanks rock in that one pict...  :whistling: :whistling: ;D
Actually pre flood there was a rock there that was perfect for him to sit on while re-tying. You could sit down without someone trying to jack your spot...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #6490 on: Nov 26, 2011, 02:31 PM »

Got my 1st on the bead today with Deadeyes in Altmar ! What a show that fish put on 4 jumps in about a min. Also helped a nice old feller land his 1st ever not bad for about 45 mins. of fishin . Beautiful weather has the crowd out in full force and the fish a lil skittish . Good to see ya Snag. thanks for the lesson  ;D
Thats okay DD and Deadeyez, Kp sr. and I didnt wanna go! ;D Glad to see you boys got out and had some fun!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #6491 on: Nov 26, 2011, 03:30 PM »
 I'll tell you what joe ...... the fishin was tough up til this rain .... alot of thought has been put into my spots and the guys staying here lately, cold low water is a bad combo......sounds like you were in between runs right after that cold rain , it happens... this unusual warm weather will have any and all fish for this fall season on the move the next 2-4 days, this is it.......we are set up nicely for the winter now, I was worried last week, but it all worked out as it usually does..

Had a feeling they would be coming up through...but guess i was a day early.

SNAGGER

« Reply #6492 on: Nov 26, 2011, 05:54 PM »
           The late season epic steelhead streak continues into day 3.....This has to be the best I've seen in years considering the time of year ..... it's really impressive how many steelhead are present in the river right now...  I got out for 3 hours again tonight, my numbers were down a touch from yesterday, but still banner in it's own right...I did 7 for 13, I had many friends with me this afternoon in the runs, so we shared the fish tonight, I bet they did over 50 maybe 60 together all day ..
            To put the fishing into perspective, almost everyone staying here did double digits at all ends of the river today. That never happens....One guy staying here in the lower fly did well over 30 today, it's just incredible, no one had a bad day, even with the records crowds....all chrome too  .never seen anything like it....wonderful time to be alive like KP said, these are the good ole days right now ..........The fish were so shiny today down river where I was , it was awesome stuff...had an absolute riot again....good luck if you go.   ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6493 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Thats okay DD and Deadeyez, Kp sr. and I didnt wanna go! ;D Glad to see you boys got out and had some fun!
Almost stopped by on my way up but I had a hunch you and pops would be in the woods , couldn't call and check cuz i'm waiting on a new phone to come in the mail . I did mention to you're dad that I would be going and would like to fish with you guys tho  ::) Lookin forward to fishin with you soon tho JR.

SNAGGER

« Reply #6494 on: Nov 26, 2011, 09:16 PM »

Thats awesome man...glad you got your first bead steelhead....nice yankin chains with you and bob!!!! ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.