FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084134 times)

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6510 on: Nov 27, 2011, 12:26 PM »
Almost stopped by on my way up but I had a hunch you and pops would be in the woods , couldn't call and check cuz i'm waiting on a new phone to come in the mail . I did mention to you're dad that I would be going and would like to fish with you guys tho  ::) Lookin forward to fishin with you soon tho JR.
Its allright, Im sure you and my dad will plan somethin up! And we havent been in the woods in awhileactually. ALOT OF GUNSHOTS AROUND US!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

lehigh vally

« Reply #6511 on: Nov 27, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Fished the river for a few day's over the holiday and did pretty good considering all the people around...cant remember a year where the steelhead were still coming in the way they have been this year, we seen allot of quality fish making it to the bank this week quit a few over 10lbs, this will be a season to remember for sure  ;D  Thanks for everything Snagger see ya in a few weeks. Cratty might try to get you up early tomarrow morning for his milk and a quick snack before he goes out    :sleep1:   :rotflol:

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6512 on: Nov 27, 2011, 05:32 PM »
Its allright, Im sure you and my dad will plan somethin up! And we havent been in the woods in awhileactually. ALOT OF GUNSHOTS AROUND US!
We sure will kiddo ! Tell Sr. ya cant choot em if we aint in the woods  ;D

vogel451

« Reply #6513 on: Nov 27, 2011, 05:33 PM »
 well a hundred less where you'll be then. Tomorrow I'll do a schoolhouse vid to equalize everything. ;D

I bet you turn alot of heads with your camera on the river!  Way to keep em honest! ahahah
-Mclovin out

yarn em in

« Reply #6514 on: Nov 27, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Fished the river for a few day's over the holiday and did pretty good considering all the people around...cant remember a year where the steelhead were still coming in the way they have been this year, we seen allot of quality fish making it to the bank this week quit a few over 10lbs, this will be a season to remember for sure  ;D  Thanks for everything Snagger see ya in a few weeks. Cratty might try to get you up early tomarrow morning for his milk and a quick snack before he goes out    :sleep1:   :rotflol:
wow!!!! what a weekend fish galore.had a great time with lv snagg & jay  great pics lv c u guys in a few weeks

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #6515 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:34 PM »
heard you had a good time !!!! awsome man see ya soon!!!!
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #6516 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:46 PM »
sorry to bring this up but what is the facination with stanging in the deepest part of the river casting to 3 inches of water to NOTHINGNESS??? is their something i should know about????
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #6517 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:56 PM »
sorry to bring this up but what is the facination with stanging in the deepest part of the river casting to 3 inches of water to NOTHINGNESS??? is their something i should know about????

Mark - you should know that people never feel like they are getting the most out of their chest waders unless they are up to the labels in them....I feel the same way as you though....if we had 500 or 750 it wouldn't be such a big deal, but they always seem to be standing right where you need to put your boat to get down through....

esox v

« Reply #6518 on: Nov 27, 2011, 09:03 PM »
  IT'S THE.... CLOWN OIL !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #6519 on: Nov 27, 2011, 09:49 PM »

Mark has to be right up there with the best post on this thread ever!!!!!

waterwolf603

« Reply #6520 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:24 AM »
I usually fish a 6 or 7 wt but I just picked up a TFO Lefty Kreh BVK 9' 8 wt is this going to be overkill? I realize that I might lose some action as far as feeling the bite, but what do you guys think?
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6521 on: Nov 28, 2011, 08:31 AM »
I usually fish a 6 or 7 wt but I just picked up a TFO Lefty Kreh BVK 9' 8 wt is this going to be overkill? I realize that I might lose some action as far as feeling the bite, but what do you guys think?
  I felt that rod at All season's, I almost bought it... 9 foot 8wt is pretty much the river standard. Most guys I know run just a slightly longer rod like 10 foot.. my favorite is a 10 foot 7 wt. but every company has there own version of weight..a cortland 10 wt is like a st. croix 8 wt, if it feels good ..... use it, I think you'll like it. My buddy just sold me a 9 wt 10 foot lamiglass, can't wait to try it.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

waterwolf603

« Reply #6522 on: Nov 28, 2011, 08:39 AM »
  I felt that rod at All season's, I almost bought it... 9 foot 8wt is pretty much the river standard. Most guys I know run just a slightly longer rod like 10 foot.. my favorite is a 10 foot 7 wt. but every company has there own version of weight..a cortland 10 wt is like a st. croix 8 wt, if it feels good ..... use it, I think you'll like it. My buddy just sold me a 9 wt 10 foot lamiglass, can't wait to try it.

thanks, I read up on the rod and it seemed for the price it would be a solid tool in the arsenal..Ya I usually fish an 11' so I wanted to get atleast a 10' but I was being impatient haha...  That lamiglass is going to be sweet let me know how you like it.
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

lehigh vally

« Reply #6523 on: Nov 28, 2011, 08:40 AM »
See ya in a few weeks Yarn um   ;D

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #6524 on: Nov 28, 2011, 01:04 PM »
had a great weekend at Snaggers...lots of fish, lots of laughs, lots of fun.  thanks shane!!   BOBBER DOWN!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.