FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084292 times)

Dark Cloud

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6585 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:42 PM »
dark cloud might have a close runner up to quote of the year

Nah, HT can and has done better than that...  ;D Plus im not a big fan of the"end of story" saying. There is always something else to say...  ::)
Plus I like Esox and we will get him on the ice this year. Maybe we should take him to the Pond, Ray Charles can catch fish there...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

fishgalore

« Reply #6586 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:42 PM »

http://www.eregulations.com/newyork/fishing/definitions/

Foul-hooked means not hooked in the mouth.

thats  pretty  cut  and  dry  esox  !   in  the  moth  means  in  the  mouth

http://www.eregulations.com/newyork/fishing/general-regulations/

Foul hooking

All foul-hooked trout, lake trout, coho salmon, chinook salmon, pink salmon and landlocked salmon must be released without unnecessary injury to the fish. All foul-hooked walleye in Oneida Lake and the tributaries to first bridge upstream from the lake must be released without unnecessary injury to the fish.

i  have  only  seen  1000  tickets   given  to  a    just  out side  the  mouth  or   close  enough  to  the  mouth  fish  !

I take issue with this reasoning............................Foul-hooked means not hooked in the mouth.

Taken from:- http://www.eregulations.com/newyork/fishing/definitions/

Esox got it right.............if it's hooked in the outside of the mouth it's in the mouth...........just the outside part of it, e.g. it's lips! I had several like this the other day. Clearly it took the bead in it's mouth then when I pulled to set the hook the line flossed it's MOUTH and bingo hooked someplace in the mouth, either the outside part (lips) of it or the inside part. It wasn't hooked in it's face or gills or like the real foul hooked fish in a fin or it's body.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #6587 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:43 PM »
the story never ends with that guy belive me ::) ::) ::) ok but he goes in your shanty not mine. i just down sized to a one man and that means me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D send pictures and good luck ;D

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6588 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:44 PM »
....fished up river today, it was beyond silly. The warm temps and the bump in flow did the trick. Fish were big and plenty of fresh chrome in the mix. San juans, buggers and egg patterns work for us and day. Oddly enough the bite slowed down around 3 and stayed that way until dark.

You hooked 60 steelhead in the LFZ and that's your report...come on ..... get excited, tell us how you did man!!!!!!

what a day it was... one for the record books.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

tinsucks

« Reply #6589 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:48 PM »
 You hooked 60 steelhead in the LFZ and that's your report...come on ..... get excited, tell us how you did man!!!!!!

....okay but give me a second while I get done with this cortisone shot.

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #6590 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:49 PM »

he doesnt want to get beat up about it. seems like if you post big numbers your labeled as a snagger or liar

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6591 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:50 PM »
....okay but give me a second while I get done with this cortisone shot.

ok lieutenant Dan.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

adam2000

« Reply #6592 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:51 PM »
the story never ends with that guy belive me ::) ::) ::) ok but he goes in your shanty not mine. i just down sized to a one man and that means me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D send pictures and good luck ;D
he can use one of mine. plus enough rods for this whole site. snag is getting close . hes has a few ice rods too

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6593 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:52 PM »
i  know  2  mays  ago ????  maybe  ....  i  had  one  of  those  personal  best   fall back  days  ...  was  awesome  .......tin  good  for  you   :thumbup_smilie:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #6594 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:54 PM »
i have  extra   traps    man if  someone  wants  to go  !!!!!  i'll  even let  esox  borrow  one  but  i  ain't   baling  him  out   for  not  reading  the  rule  book  ;D ;D

Dark Cloud

« Reply #6595 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:58 PM »

I have enough gear to outfit a small country. 5 shelters, rods I count by the bucket full, and I wont even say how many flashers I posess... :whistling: :whistling: :thumbup_smilie:
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

trapper2000

« Reply #6596 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:58 PM »
I take issue with this reasoning............................Foul-hooked means not hooked in the mouth.

Taken from:- http://www.eregulations.com/newyork/fishing/definitions/

Esox got it right.............if it's hooked in the outside of the mouth it's in the mouth...........just the outside part of it, e.g. it's lips! I had several like this the other day. Clearly it took the bead in it's mouth then when I pulled to set the hook the line flossed it's MOUTH and bingo hooked someplace in the mouth, either the outside part (lips) of it or the inside part. It wasn't hooked in it's face or gills or like the real foul hooked fish in a fin or it's body.

you  can  take  issue   all  you  want  , if  caught  you  will  get  a  ticket  ...serious  as a  heart  attack  ...i know  for  fact   IN the  mouth  means  IN  the   mouth .....  

trapper2000

« Reply #6597 on: Nov 29, 2011, 09:01 PM »
i  got   to  2 clams   2  pack  shacks    flasher   LCR    at  least   40  rods  ....  countless   jigs  i  made  up  ....anyone  wanted  to  try    ice  fishing  we   could    hook  em  up

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #6598 on: Nov 29, 2011, 09:08 PM »
i will say this about trapper the guy knows his ice fishing. cant wait trap: very soon very soon it will be time ;)

adam2000

« Reply #6599 on: Nov 29, 2011, 09:10 PM »
Nah, HT can and has done better than that...  ;D Plus im not a big fan of the"end of story" saying. There is always something else to say...  ::)
Plus I like Esox and we will get him on the ice this year. Maybe we should take him to the Pond, Ray Charles can catch fish there...

now thats funny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.