FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084355 times)

waterwolf603

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6630 on: Nov 30, 2011, 12:32 PM »
      Not so good for me...  fished from the barrel to the second wires pretty fast, only one float down...nice silver rocket broke me off, stopped at run where a couple bottom drifters were lighting the place up, switched to bottom..... had like 6 fish on in 15 casts,  lost a solid 17lber and landed a little guy around 6lbs.... then it died .... so I left...waders are still leaking...thinking about going walleye fishin...good cold northwest wind out there...[/color]

Snagg are you fishing with a CP or on the swing?  It sounds like you got the life man I am envious haha give em hell up there!
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6631 on: Nov 30, 2011, 12:39 PM »
one  silver  rocket   one   coho   :rotflol:  but  i  kept  her   smallest  salmon  of  the  year  and  full of  eggs   ;D  i  rate   coho  eggs   close  to  brown  eggs  ...... 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6632 on: Nov 30, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Snagg are you fishing with a CP or on the swing?  It sounds like you got the life man I am envious haha give em hell up there!

11 6 float rod, with the shorter rod I can switch to bottom boucing sacs from beads/floats quickly....couldn't really do that with my 13 6......  Just came back from across the street, another 3 hook ups with my noodle rod bottom bouncing...cold out.... big wind running straight up the channel.  Hey Trap there wasn't any coho's down there, was there?  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bcons

« Reply #6633 on: Nov 30, 2011, 02:09 PM »
one  silver  rocket   one   coho   :rotflol:  but  i  kept  her   smallest  salmon  of  the  year  and  full of  eggs   ;D  i  rate   coho  eggs   close  to  brown  eggs  ...... 

Hey I thought although you were a flyfisherman, you didn't need any special area to fish?  :P  coho?  It sounds like someone's playing in the special area ::) ::)
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

waterwolf603

« Reply #6634 on: Nov 30, 2011, 02:38 PM »
  11 6 float rod, with the shorter rod I can switch to bottom boucing sacs from beads/floats quickly....couldn't really do that with my 13 6......  Just came back from across the street, another 3 hook ups with my noodle rod bottom bouncing...cold out.... big wind running straight up the channel.  Hey Trap there wasn't any coho's down there, was there?  ;D

nice sounds like fun cant wait to get that BVK out there in Jan that sucker is light, I have messed with the idea of pegging with beads I dunno why I havent tried it maybe next time I am up, usually just swing those egg patterns hah
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

griz104

« Reply #6635 on: Nov 30, 2011, 02:57 PM »
      Not so good for me...  fished from the barrel to the second wires pretty fast, only one float down...nice silver rocket broke me off, stopped at run where a couple bottom drifters were lighting the place up, switched to bottom..... had like 6 fish on in 15 casts,  lost a solid 17lber and landed a little guy around 6lbs.... then it died .... so I left...waders are still leaking...thinking about going walleye fishin...good cold northwest wind out there...[/color]

You are going to have to have that Super Guide Kenny Hemshrot give you a few lessons!! He  had 80 fish on in the first 2 hours this morning..That kid is Superman!!

paul young

« Reply #6636 on: Nov 30, 2011, 04:47 PM »

You are going to have to have that Super Guide Kenny Hemshrot give you a few lessons!! He  had 80 fish on in the first 2 hours this morning..That kid is Superman!!

::) yes he is a legend in his own mind.......

better yet; we should all buy drift boats and hire him to show us how to man the sticks....

on another note, i sure wish i could get up there  in the next few days. i think it's really going to rock after this shot of water.

Snagger, thanks for the reports. always a pleasure to read.-Paul

trapper2000

« Reply #6637 on: Nov 30, 2011, 07:12 PM »

i laughed  my  butt  off   watching  them  head  up  the  shoot  you made  ....  i  got  a  hen  that  was  small but  perfect!!!!  smallest  salmon of  the  year   but  she  donated  a  zip lock bag  full of  eggs ;D.....  slingy  slingy  ....see  i'm old  school

rakerdave

« Reply #6638 on: Nov 30, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Glad your still hammering them trap . I only got one hen coho this year and I let it go cause I figured I would get another one  ??? I like to have a nice mix of eggs . Brown, rainbow/ Steelhead,king . The only thing Im missing is coho.  Coho eggs are second on my list .

trapper2000

« Reply #6639 on: Nov 30, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Glad your still hammering them trap . I only got one hen coho this year and I let it go cause I figured I would get another one  ??? I like to have a nice mix of eggs . Brown, rainbow/ Steelhead,king . The only thing Im missing is coho.  Coho eggs are second on my list .

brown and  coho  is  top!  then  steelie  and  king   ....  the  fish  was  20  inches  long  lol  i  filled  my  sandwich   bag   is all  ...but it  helps  ....  you  coming this weekend?

rakerdave

« Reply #6640 on: Nov 30, 2011, 09:13 PM »
I hope . I would go everday if I could . But its hard convincing some one to ride up with . How were the crowds today . The day I seen u . It was dead .

trapper2000

« Reply #6641 on: Nov 30, 2011, 09:49 PM »
I hope . I would go everday if I could . But its hard convincing some one to ride up with . How were the crowds today . The day I seen u . It was dead .

week  days  are  sweet  i  fished  altmar  with  no problem

SNAGGER

« Reply #6642 on: Nov 30, 2011, 10:32 PM »
i laughed  my  butt  off   watching  them  head  up  the  shoot  you made  ....  i  got  a  hen  that  was  small but  perfect!!!!  smallest  salmon of  the  year   but  she  donated  a  zip lock bag  full of  eggs ;D.....  slingy  slingy  ....see  i'm old  school

they ran up that side chute I cleared out?, there was like 20 bright coho's waiting to go up it, I thought they would have waited til dark...pretty cool stuff, I almost passed out when I seen them all balled up like baitfish.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #6643 on: Nov 30, 2011, 10:40 PM »
::) yes he is a legend in his own mind.......

better yet; we should all buy drift boats and hire him to show us how to man the sticks....

on another note, i sure wish i could get up there  in the next few days. i think it's really going to rock after this shot of water.

Snagger, thanks for the reports. always a pleasure to read.-Paul

We'll see what happens tomorrow, most of the bank anglers numbers were way down today compared to lately, (well where I was any way) due to the higher waters, I know the driftboaters did well, they always do in this water, hopefully the fish have had time to adjust to the new water level now and hook ups pick back up tomorrow for us walkers. I did happen on too one good run that kept rolling pretty good all day..I'll be there tomorrow.  After looking at the gauges, wouldn't be suprized if the River went up a little more.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #6644 on: Nov 30, 2011, 10:46 PM »

Griz  80 fish....re read 80 fish.......   80 what?  brook trout in the adirondacks?  crappies?   he had you guys going all day while I was fishing...good stuff.  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.