FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084141 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6645 on: Dec 01, 2011, 02:32 AM »
  they ran up that side chute I cleared out?, there was like 20 bright coho's waiting to go up it, I thought they would have waited til dark...pretty cool stuff, I almost passed out when I seen them all balled up like baitfish.

wish i  hade  my  phone  with  me  i would  have  clicked a  few  pictures , it  was  great  watching  ...... i'll be  around  somewhere  oswego  is  still  high
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

griz104

« Reply #6646 on: Dec 01, 2011, 05:03 AM »
  Griz  80 fish....re read 80 fish.......   80 what?  brook trout in the adirondacks?  crappies?   he had you guys going all day while I was fishing...good stuff.  ;D

Snag.. Didn't have me going as i was out there with you..But i was on the Western Tribs..Had planned on coming over but got up not feeling well..So figured i would just stay close to home..Had a pretty good day myself but didn't any where close to 80 fish!! LOL

waterwolf603

« Reply #6647 on: Dec 01, 2011, 06:47 AM »
::) yes he is a legend in his own mind.......

better yet; we should all buy drift boats and hire him to show us how to man the sticks....

I met a guy up there named Kenny last spring he was always yellin at people ahhh you hooked em in the @$$...Does this sound like the same guy?
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

fishingjason

« Reply #6648 on: Dec 01, 2011, 08:07 AM »
Had fun fishing the other day.
Here's one of my buddy Tony from PA.

Special Ed

« Reply #6649 on: Dec 01, 2011, 09:27 AM »
go get that cough drop out of the glove box and quit starting trouble goddam old buzzard 

i have  slept , had  coffee  , and  i'm headed oit  fishing ,  ht   call me  man  well all hook up!  snag  i'll be  somewhere  around  hope we hook up ..... look for  the   paint brush dead head  truck  ;D......dot  cough  drop worked good  man
Diesel flavored cough drops ?   Whoda thunk it  ::) ::)

trapper2000

« Reply #6650 on: Dec 01, 2011, 01:54 PM »
adam  i  lost  ya  up  there  but  i  ended   1  for   4    not  my  best  but   a  pleasure   meeting  and  fishing  with  a  gentleman   and  sportsmen    as  you  !   hope  to hook up  again  soon

ed  i  perfer  you  to  go  back  and  tell  people that  you   lied and   be  man  enough  to tell  the  truth, that  no  TRAPPER in  fact   doesn't  shoot  deer  with  22's   and  i  have  never  as  much  as  gotten  a  speeding  ticket  .... thank  you!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6651 on: Dec 01, 2011, 05:41 PM »
            Well today was my best steelhead outing of the year....big water and big fish..fished with the Cp from a little after 1 til 430pm or so......went 19 for 39, landed one steelhead around 16 lbs ....2 more around 13lbs and a good half dozen around 11lbs, just unbelievable, I was worn out from running up and down the river , bet I put 2 miles on these wheels today..
        It was one of those days you would get all sweated up and half to peel the layers off to dry out before you could get back fishin again...glasses fogging up constantly..you name it.. an hour before sunset I fished a run I hadn't fished since high school,  nailed 11 fish in like 40 minutes, multiple break offs in this run because of the way it was set up, but it was fast action......felt like old times .I'm absolutely stoked right now thinking about it. Brought a guy with me who has never caught a steelhead let alone land one ...he went something like 5 for 14 or something, it truely was a great afternoon.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

yarn em in

« Reply #6652 on: Dec 01, 2011, 05:46 PM »
i knew i was missing something.glad u had a great day & im hoping  to get  back soon.

trapper2000

« Reply #6653 on: Dec 01, 2011, 06:03 PM »
wow   snagger  i  didn't  do  no  where  near  that  well  !   good   for  you   bro  :thumbup_smilie:

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #6654 on: Dec 01, 2011, 06:06 PM »
I was 0-5 from 9- noon

SNAGGER

« Reply #6655 on: Dec 01, 2011, 06:06 PM »
I was 0-5 from 9- noon

I was suiting up at noon, why didn't you stop over Adam?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #6656 on: Dec 01, 2011, 06:29 PM »
KP is getting a much deserved day off tomorrow.....wonder where I'll fish?? :whistling: :whistling: ;D--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #6657 on: Dec 01, 2011, 06:35 PM »
  I was suiting up at noon, why didn't you stop over Adam?

was having a bad day. watching everyone hooking up bottom bouncing and all I had was my 14 footer

SNAGGER

« Reply #6658 on: Dec 01, 2011, 06:40 PM »
was having a bad day. watching everyone hooking up bottom bouncing and all I had was my 14 footer

Bottom bouncing is where it's at in Altmar right now..I switched yesterday.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

trapper2000

« Reply #6659 on: Dec 01, 2011, 07:12 PM »
i will say this about trapper the guy knows his ice fishing. cant wait trap: very soon very soon it will be time ;)

you  don't  exactly  suck  ya  know  ....i'd  take  ya   for  a  partner   ;D  except  on  bullheads :rotflol: :w00t: :whistling:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.