FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084322 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6675 on: Dec 01, 2011, 11:00 PM »
Running the river with Coach in the Am, from Altmar to Pineville on my bud's drift boat. Gonna be my first time pinning and drifting. Wish us luck guys. Hopefully we don't need too much luck, as I know this Guide has had alot of success. I'm all in it for learning as much as possible, and not too proud to admit it! ;D

waterwolf603

« Reply #6676 on: Dec 02, 2011, 09:07 AM »
heck ya man great attitude and good luck to ya go rip some lips
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6677 on: Dec 02, 2011, 11:31 AM »
i  was  headed  fishing  honest  stoped  at  my  nephews  and     seen  a  deer   so  i  grabed  the  sks   out  of  the   truck  and   now   we  got  to  cut  up  a  deer  :(  i'll  be   back  fishing  in  the  morning   ... FM  good  luck  man   ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Special Ed

« Reply #6678 on: Dec 02, 2011, 11:46 AM »
i  was  headed  fishing  honest  stoped  at  my  nephews  and     seen  a  deer   so  i  grabed  the  sks   out  of  the   truck  and   now   we  got  to  cut  up  a  deer  :(  i'll  be   back  fishing  in  the  morning   ... FM  good  luck  man   ;D
No Pictures ? ::) ::)   Doesn't have to be a trophy.   

Special Ed

« Reply #6679 on: Dec 02, 2011, 12:04 PM »
Now that's the sporting way !!

Page 1, paragraph 2 in the Un-sportsmans field guide.  Question.   When is the best time to shoot a deer ?  Answer...Whenever and wherever you happen to see one ! ::) ::) :police: :police: :angel: :-X ;) :) 

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #6680 on: Dec 02, 2011, 12:34 PM »

hey trapp did you use a 30 round clip  ::) ::) prolly not much to cut up after but it gets the job done lol
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #6681 on: Dec 02, 2011, 12:45 PM »
Sounds like my morning!  ;D I lost official count but it was around 15 for 35-40ish!  8)
We also had a triple hook-up and lost count of doubles!
One of my best friends lives between the Sr and O-snag-o, he was one of my groomsmen in my wedding. We'll him and another Groomsmen took me on a drift trip today for a wedding gift/bachelor party. Mike fishes the river a bunch and has become friends with George O. We fished with him and he was super nice and knows the river. Plus he does a river side  hot breakfast mid-morning!  8)
Anyways we put the boat in and got below Snags, I ran my pin and beads for a few hours in the morning and did well, hooked a dozen and landed 4.
Then they started getting em bottom bouncing so I slid down and joined. It was silly till about noon. I had a 2 hr stretch that the longest break between fish was 6 cast, but usually 2-3...  8)
Like Snag said nice average fish with some in the low teens and one 15lbr. I also had a brute of a male with that nice colored stripe right to the bank, then the bead got wraped up in the grass, one flip and he was gone, oh well...
My buddies each hooked 15-20 fish also. Lots of fish all over the river!

Snag - We stopped by your place around three, I figured you were on the river puttin the hammer down. We were gonna fish more but pizza and wings sounded better...
Adam - nice seeing you one the river... You should have slid in above us. Iwas gettin em all up through there...

Waiting on picts from my buddy but here a few I took...
Some fish were getting a tad dark but most were super fresh...

Couldnt find a better friend! If you see him on the river say hello...

Nice catch!  Is that reel the off-set Spahr?  How do you like it?

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #6682 on: Dec 02, 2011, 01:42 PM »
nice trap and you did nothing wrong!

KingPerch

« Reply #6683 on: Dec 02, 2011, 01:58 PM »
Snags Petting Zoo!  :afro:

I saw those fish, they were fun to watch... It may have crossed my mind to jack one for eggs...  :whistling:
I visited SNAGGER'S  petting zoo today!! Actually got to feed them egg sack netting on a hook....by hand! ;D--KP 8)

Shane, good seeing you today. Got to meet Ernye and goosebuster as well! Great meeting you guys!! DC, I heard you were on the river today ....didn't get to run into you though! Another time. I went 2-5 today, little rain and snow mix. All hookups were on bottom bouncing today! Shane, that hole was beat up when I got there....probably should've waited until later afternoon! Hope you guys fired 'em up where you fished!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #6684 on: Dec 02, 2011, 02:12 PM »
i  was  headed  fishing  honest  stoped  at  my  nephews  and     seen  a  deer   so  i  grabed  the  sks    out  of  the   truck  and   now   we  got  to  cut  up  a  deer  :(  i'll  be   back  fishing  in  the  morning   ... FM  good  luck  man   ;D
That SKS a .22 cal.????--KP 8)

KingPerch

« Reply #6685 on: Dec 02, 2011, 03:01 PM »
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/KingPerch/IMAG0299.jpg[/img]] Another great day on the SR!! Cold...but... GREAT!!--KP 8)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6686 on: Dec 02, 2011, 04:44 PM »

Did 4 fer 12 in 2 hours today bouncin , saw a ton of hookups and fished with great people  ;D Life is good indeed  :flag:

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6687 on: Dec 02, 2011, 04:57 PM »

Bead bite continues...fished with my buddy Eric Pritchard today..He bottom bounced while I ran my Cp again..Fished from 1:30 til 430pm ....... I went 15 for 26 this afternoon, hook ups were down a touch from yesterday, but still great in it's own right......shared the fish with more anglers today. Many large fish again, I landed a couple around 13 lbs..Eric got one around 16lbs..... Eric landed something like 19 for 33 on bottom...very raw afternoon with about 2 inches of snow and wind ..water temps are still up in the zone , but it aint going to last much longer..We are on borrowed time for big hook up days, winters right around the corner....

Hey nice sharing some water with you DD... 8)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6688 on: Dec 02, 2011, 05:05 PM »

I was just there to watch and learn Master  :bowdown:

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #6689 on: Dec 02, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Funny seeing DD and KP at the Ninja hole on our second run down the river today, what a weather pattern that was thrown at us today huh?  We had a ball on our first drift, and pinning too boot.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.