FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084267 times)

bcons

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6705 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:05 PM »
a true sks? what is a true sks? its a tactical platform not a reciever and barrel.  and 7.62x39 is the most unstable round ive ever shot

Agreed 100%, they're nutz.  A short barr .223 is loud as he11 but feels like you're shooting a .22lr smooth & easy.   A 7.62 especially in a cheap gun & it' feel like you're firing a 50.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #6706 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:07 PM »
unless trap has the old russian weapon. with the bayonet  lol

adam2000

« Reply #6707 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:10 PM »
Agreed 100%, they're nutz.  A short barr .223 is loud as he11 but feels like you're shooting a .22lr smooth & easy.   A 7.62 especially in a cheap gun & it' feel like you're firing a 50.
I fired alot of ak's overseas from russian to chinese to romanian. after 150 metrs your getting lucky unless you have alot of modifications

Special Ed

« Reply #6708 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:10 PM »
a true sks? what is a true sks? its a tactical platform not a reciever and barrel.  and 7.62x39 is the most unstable round ive ever shot
No argument there !    Total junk !
  You are correct on the SKS.  

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6709 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:20 PM »
The SKS is a Soviet semi-automatic rifle chambered for the 7.62x39mm round, designed in 1943 by Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov. SKS-45 is an acronym for Samozaryadnyj Karabin sistemy Simonova, 1945 (Russian: Самозарядный карабин системы Симонова, 1945; Self-loading Carbine of (the) Simonov system, 1945), or SKS 45. The Sks is a scaled down version of the PTRS-41 anti-tank rifle also designed by Simonov. The Soviets rather quickly phased the SKS carbine out of front-line service, replacing it with the AK-47, but it remained in second-line service for decades. It remains a ceremonial arm today. It was widely exported and produced by the former Eastern Bloc nations, as well as China, where it was designated the "Type 56", East Germany as the "Karabiner S" and in North Korea as the "Type 63". It is today popular on the civilian surplus market in many countries. The SKS was one of the first weapons chambered for the 7.62x39mm M43 round later used in the AK-47.

Designer Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov
Designed 1944
Number built 15,000,000[1]
Variants Chinese Type 56; Yugoslavian PAP; Romanian SKS; Albanian SKS; East German SKS; (North) Vietnamese SKS; North Korean SKS

i own   one    it  was  made  in  china   i   find  it    acc.  7.62x39  ammo  is  cheap  and  there  fun  to  shoot  i killed   deer  with it  ,  it's  the  basic   warsaw pact  round designed  to   be  a  cheap   stamped    easy  to  manufactor weapon  the   Russian sks's  are   better  built   
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #6710 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:21 PM »
You had a dozen SKS's, bcons? 

Thats nuts!!!  Quite the collection, for sure.
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

bcons

« Reply #6711 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:23 PM »
I fired alot of ak's overseas from russian to chinese to romanian. after 150 metrs your getting lucky unless you have alot of modifications

Well what I meant by the "are you sure" & the other member's comment is popular opinion or misconception.  The majority of people here who've bought the SKS, have bought the Chinese version for $120-$300 in 7.62 wooden stock & from the factory about the size of the Red Rider "gonna shoot you're eye out kid"  for which there are 90000000 cheap mods to build whatever style of weapon you want.  I had one really cool one with pistol grip, folding stock, and 30round mag.  It was legal down south as long as you built it yourself.  IE buy the stock gun & all the access separate & then assemble at home.  Lotsa fun, wasted $15 in ammo real quick, although I will say one thing, misfires, jamming etc. not bad for a rapid fire cheap piece.  Also had a tech 22 ( the one that came factory with the threaded barr for silencer of flash supp) & a tech 9 both CRAP fun, but misfire & jam like there's no tomm.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

adam2000

« Reply #6712 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:24 PM »
The SKS is a Soviet semi-automatic rifle chambered for the 7.62x39mm round, designed in 1943 by Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov. SKS-45 is an acronym for Samozaryadnyj Karabin sistemy Simonova, 1945 (Russian: Самозарядный карабин системы Симонова, 1945; Self-loading Carbine of (the) Simonov system, 1945), or SKS 45. The Sks is a scaled down version of the PTRS-41 anti-tank rifle also designed by Simonov. The Soviets rather quickly phased the SKS carbine out of front-line service, replacing it with the AK-47, but it remained in second-line service for decades. It remains a ceremonial arm today. It was widely exported and produced by the former Eastern Bloc nations, as well as China, where it was designated the "Type 56", East Germany as the "Karabiner S" and in North Korea as the "Type 63". It is today popular on the civilian surplus market in many countries. The SKS was one of the first weapons chambered for the 7.62x39mm M43 round later used in the AK-47.

Designer Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov
Designed 1944
Number built 15,000,000[1]
Variants Chinese Type 56; Yugoslavian PAP; Romanian SKS; Albanian SKS; East German SKS; (North) Vietnamese SKS; North Korean SKS

i own   one    it  was  made  in  china   i   find  it    acc.  7.62x39  ammo  is  cheap  and  there  fun  to  shoot  i killed   deer  with it  ,  it's  the  basic   warsaw pact  round designed  to   be  a  cheap   stamped    easy  to  manufactor weapon  the   Russian sks's  are   better  built   
its just a platform now like ak's and ar's.  can be made into anything

bcons

« Reply #6713 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:30 PM »
You had a dozen SKS's, bcons? 

Thats nuts!!!  Quite the collection, for sure.

Well when I was single, I didn't have as much to do  ;)  Moved here from TX everyone had lotsa guns.  I bought a "gentleman's farm" 18 acres that had been abandoned with a decent house.  There was an old truck somewhat hidden in the overgrowth, no title, no selling it there.  Well.................. You should see what shooting at it for a couple yrs will do.  Or burn piles for brush.  Build fire, apply gas/kero mixture, set rocks & old steel right at the base, shoot at it until BOOM,  when frustrated because it doesn't work, throw in old lit flares.  Coyotes?  Yes they're bigger here, but no where near as many, snakes? Lotsa reasons to shoot, & shoot often besides the fun of it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6714 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:37 PM »

any  fire arm can be  i'm saying orginal  form ...your  right  about  one  thing  adam  the  7.62x39  is  not  a  lond  distance  round  !  it's  like a  30-30  you  loss  it  fast after 150  yards  ......  now  i have  a  rem  1907 06  thats  fun and  kicks  a  real lot 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

esox v

« Reply #6715 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Whatever... 99% of the SKS came in 7.62x39.....
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #6716 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:41 PM »
i had an SKS and was chambered in 7.62 X39 and frank had it and sold it. the rounds were full metal jacket and were worthless for deer and anything else other then targets. a worthless gun for a hunter in the woods

adam2000

« Reply #6717 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:42 PM »
Whatever... 99% of the SKS came in 7.62x39.....
in 1945. all im saying is most shooters opt for a more accurate round now

bcons

« Reply #6718 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:49 PM »
in 1945. all im saying is most shooters opt for a more accurate round now

XCEPT buddy I'll bust ya on one thing, while I agree 7.62 sux, it also has a lot to due with barrel heating/temp & the make of the weapon has a lot to do with how well the round does, seemingly more so with 7.62.  While it's certainyl been proven reliable in battle over & over again (under 150-200 yds) the quality of the peice has a lot to do with it.  My Ruger vs SKS was night & day

adam2000

« Reply #6719 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:49 PM »
anyway anyone gotten a water temp of the sr lately

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.